Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

i cant see their posts, so i assume they are peddling that the farstrider tattoos that they all had back in wc2 are ‘alleria tattoos’

its funny because that group is still horde

i think ill just link this too in case they are trying to push red eyes or something for blood elves again because a couple mages can create anima golems on occasion and that it somehow overrides the sunwells arcane/holy 24/7 energies to give them that color. softsong did a good job teaching this pro high elfer

its fine if not everyone agrees on everything. and i didnt mean you, i just thought it was odd two pros were arguing like that

Pulling for everyone to get scars and tattoos does not have to mean they look the same.

Tattoos especially. Since they usually have tons of variation in design.

7 Likes

Wrong, we are against toxic people participating in here for the sake of it.

Look Sara, you can´t erase the fact your very first post on that toon was NOT about posting the suggestions, but about defending a troll that came here with a malicious intent so obvious Soul literally told him/her/whatever to go away. You can´t expect us to take your “support and ideas” seriously when I repeat:

1. You don´t suggest actually UNIQUE stuff (no Sara, quoting the verbatim people cites in this place does NOTHING regarding uniqueness. “Runic tattoos”… sure, which design? exclusively for Belves or are you people gonna jump to demand those too? you basically cite the vague remarks any other non compromised poster cites but nothing truly oriented to fulfill visual uniqueness for the race).

2. You don´t comment, post images nor even upvote the actual ideas promoting uniqueness other people post in here, and that exploded after the 9.1.5 announcement (I mean an upvote at least tells us you are agreeable to some of those weird niche ideas people proposes as exclusive assets for the Belves. But you don´t even do that, something as simple as a mere click).

3. Commit the social equivalent to a /facepalm when instead of putting the ideas / suggestions / whatever first, you literally jump to attack regulars and afterwards pretend for us to take your “genuine care” seriously. No sorry, your intro letter was terrible, why would I believe you legitimately care when instead of participating on the topic of the thread first and playing social warrior for trolls after, you actually chose to act the opposite?

Look Sara, I´ll be blunt: we don´t get along, we will never get along for several personal reasons. And this is perfectly fine. You don´t have any obligation to post here, and we don´t have any obligation to be your friends. The only obligation we both have is to act respectfully in our interactions, no more and no less.

Yup, basically this. We aren´t talking lore proper here, we are talking visual aesthetics that -hopefully- reflect the lore.

And it´s a fact that the Warpaint the elf toons used in WC2 while they were called “High Elves” didn´t made it in WC3 when they got their “Blood elf” name… as painful as that is. And it´s another fact that the only elf in WoW proper who continues to use some version of celtic warpaint IS Alleria, a Void / High elf. Not Halduron, not Lor´themar, not any of the average rando Farstrider NPCs polluting the game.

To deny the Velf fans their petition -when they are the ones that actually appreciate Alleria- and the chance to get that kind of artistic tattoo designs is hypocritical. And saying this does NOT make me a “Pro”, it just makes me self aware.

This too doesn´t mean Belves can´t get their own twist on the concept (after all the concept ALMOST made it in WC3, it was present in some alpha files and the stuff hilariously enough was similar to what we ended up seeing as Dark Ranger tear marks) and Belf fans can´t suggest their own versions of “warpaint” that step away from the design used for Alleria so the thematic of Farstriders using warpaint as a cultural thing is represented (cause yes, the Farstriders ARE Horde and belong to the Belves).

What matters, the way I see it, is to get visually unique stuff. And this can be perfectly achieved with differences in design, not with radical stuff like denying the tattoos to once side regardless of their fanbase.

7 Likes

4 Likes

So, in other words, based on your own opinion, I’m toxic, because you disagree with me, so you also disagree with me trying to participate in this thread? :thinking:

If that is the case, then I hope you guys do get nothing.

/thread mute.

1 Like

I can’t take them seriously at all. Toxic trolls and their ilk go on ignore for me no matter how much they pitch a fit. I’m done dealing with their nonsense drama and general horrible attitude. It’s time they stop getting attention and are shoved into the void of ignore silence where they belong. They’re free to do the same to me, in fact I encourage it, given they’re not worth my time.

Agreed entirely. Everyone should get tattoos & hairstyles, in my personal opinion. Some can have different of special forms of tattoos exclusive to only their race, but there would likely be many shared ones. I hope they add in scars & tattoos across the board more, it would be lovely. Generic ones too, because why not?

4 Likes

So in other words Ariel was correct in the words / comments having no real intention behind them if support is that easily thrown away.

In any case best wishes to you :hugs:

4 Likes

HAH! I didn’t see their words given the ignore, but yep, that proves my point exactly, doesn’t it. Love how the cards fall into place there.

3 Likes

No, Lann, she was incorrect. I am trying to particepate in the most correct manner, something hoping for you guys to actually receive something, and here you guys are, attacking me, telling me I am toxic, attacking me over my post, then going on out of spite, as if I am pulling the same behaviour as what you and several others had when it was us Pro’s requesting for High Elven customizations.

Tell me I am completely wrong. Tell me I am welcome to help support you guys in what you guys are requesting for? Otherwise, if you don’t like a pro here posting, in this thread, to help you guys in getting what you want, then go find a private area to request such as discord, considering this is a public forum!

1 Like

Anyway, toxic trolls aside, reminder that blood elves should get chokers, especially given this one from BC cinematic!

Along with, of course, getting to decide our gem colors in the jewelry, which would at least make it much more tolerable, though we should 100% get more, and men should get access to it too.

5 Likes

I’m not actually against red eyes as you know so I’m not against the blood anima stuff but its not really my preferred route / explanation I guess I am indifferent on the context to the effect of red eyes.

I would say I agree with Softsong’s take on the Sunwell. But in terms of RP tools I’m not against trying to make connections to justify RP tools if that makes sense.

I just disagree with Ariels take on Farstrider tattoos but I don’t fault her for her stance I just line up more with your comments there for the reasons I’ve listed in these threads.

The argument against red eyes is objectively put, ridiculous.

We still have green eyes on blood elves. And a purple eye color. So I suppose that overrides the sunwell too. Should we take away those eye colors because some people can’t understand not every blood elf will draw from the dumb lore that is the sunwell and them actually ruining blood elves to make them incredibly boring?

Nope.

There is no valid argument against red eyes, and I honestly don’t care to hear people’s headcanon on “BUT BLOOD ELVES ALL ONLY USE THE SUNEWELL” nonsense when we still have green eyes and purple eyes, plain and simple.

Even though it’s objectively incorrect given we have purple and green eyes… :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I think it gets a bit lost in the arguments about things / ie the sunwell etc, thats why I just concentrate on acknowledging the status of RP tools.

2 Likes

The sunwell is entirely irrelevant to any customization discussion given, again, not every blood elf is going to even draw fom the sunwell, so I don’t even know why it’s a topic of discussion to be honest.

6 Likes

Right which is why I separated the two issues, as I do agree with the comments on the Sunwell but it doesn’t change the fact that I want RP tools given to BEs in customization.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I personally entirely disagree with the Sunwell comments myself, as it’s now being used to ‘restrict’ when it isn’t restricting in the first place.

That aside, red eyes for blood elves. Hopefully Blizzard actually listens to the side of the community that wants decent customization as opposed to the toxic trolls. (Not saying everyone arguing against it is, of course, but I know there are parties doing it in strictly bad faith, including one I have on ignore on this thread.)

4 Likes

I’d also say it’s why I told Kyuu the other day that I’m not too hung up on the idea there needs to be major story behind something in the context of Exiles reach existing as the current timeline for being a Horde adventurer, they added that and there’s no reason to believe they’ve any business in Quel’thalas the BE model / requested RP tools simply give the same standard that they gave VEs with their second distinct set of options.

3 Likes

True, and they can always add in story stuff later. I really want to see more Night Warrior related questlines for everything myself, but I feel like that’s a dream that’s not to come true, unfortunately.

5 Likes

I place more importance on simply getting the options given they already gave player agency to allow seeing your character how you see your character. But I think it starts and ends with your character and I’m fine with that, I just want the same RP tool situation of a second visually distinct theme they allowed VEs to have at BEs expense.

But the added stuff like that is nice too I just won’t get hung up on it, which is why I can agree with opinions I see on people’s takes on Quel’thalas etc but find it irrelevant to the request of RP tools

2 Likes

Ty for your T3 magic, Fen!!

Your personal opinion on the matter? I mean I´d like to bring the suggestion to Linxy and by proxy the devs themselves… but it is an idea with some measure of risk for them.

Well, I suspect this very well may be the issue.

I mean if their threads were as active as they used to be… why come here?

As long as I get something unrelated to characters I despise and something unique for my races, I´m on board.

Trolls gonna troll, Lann. I tried -in a complete OOC way if you guys take into account my usual no nonsense ways- to politely explain to her why her posts weren´t getting the feedback she wanted. Her answer? A temper tantrum and to play the victim /rolleyes

Hopefully her buddies and likeminded take the clue too and stop coming in here just to cause drama and yo bait for the sake of toxicity. As long as they genuinelly participate and avoid supporting / condoning bad behaviours oriented to bait us, I think we will manage to interact respectfully.

5 Likes