Bg's sucks in classic more than it does in retail

people in bg’s always afk if the match didn’t go well in first 1min, while some just afk and say “lost fast” what’s up with this mentality of giving up?

should there be instant kick to afk’ers? because vote kick doesn’t kick them when they’re afk not untill too much time pass.

and also why blizzard are giving marks to the losing team? everyone just say lose fast i need marks…this is so dumb tbh, there should be no reward at all to the losing team to force people to play instead of giving up or afking.

5 Likes

No reward for losing just means your “forcing” premades as not being in one make it highly likly your not going to get anything from a given bg.

This higher amount of premades due to this thought further makes those that don’t join premades lose more and snowball that effect.

It’s not a good change. You don’t remove the compensation for your time whenlosing if you want players to take part. You give greater rewards to those on the team that take part. Eg rather than just giving bg wide honor to use av as a example for taking a bunker give that plus the same amount again for those that are at that node. This gets people to defend. Increase the honor from honorable kills this gets people to play offense and kill thou also leads to turtle strats if the former is not also added to counter the increased honor per hour of turtle strats.

You futher make the afk flag not only remove the player from the bg without gaining a mark like what happens now but also all honor gains from that bg pre the kick is removed.

These increase the value of playing without requiring you to win making taking part in the bg more worthwhile when playing from behind. This way less of the reward is tied to the end of the game.

The next step also comes with prepatch the removal of marks as a whole, both from win and loss. So while you still get honor on loss to compensate for your time the majority of the reward is for playing the bg (like it is in retail) not winning the bg. As such afking in the bg is less effective for farming by a significant amount.

2 Likes

today’s palyerbase is a little emo, if you haven’t noticed… the “lets just die and go home” mentality is prevalent.

2 Likes

It gets a lot better in wrath You get a 1000 plus honor even if you lose And you get to make your starting set pvp gear from a crafter so it’s a lot easy.

And you’re not living in bgs

1 Like

Its at the 1 minute of opening mark this gets old in retail.

Dudes…it ain’t lost yet. We can come back. If you all don’t get stupid here.

NVM, too late.

1 Like

i feel there’s a typo…

2 Likes

i don’t need honor & I don’t need marks but i queue bg’s from time to time to have some fun & i don’t intent to lose so i play while trying to win but seeing many matches all about “lose fast i need my mark” or “afk’er for no reason maybe bots” is a motivation killer.

i dunno why do people only play for rewards? nothing ever matters if you’re not playing to enjoy what you’re doing! no point in joining every single bg to afk or lose even if you’ll get all your marks & gear.

those are pretty good ideas but tbh if it’s up to me?

i would make random bg’s give no honor at all & No marks…whoever wanna queue them for fun He/she should do that “consider it skirmish”

meanwhile i would add Rated bg’s where you earn honor+marks only after you win & the amount will be based on your rate.

1 Like

The more you read these classic forums the more you realize how much the game would suck if the players were the ones developing it

how much blizzard does pay you to suck on forums?
are you gm in hiding? because you’re always defending blizzard against this whole evil community!

Probably one of your worst suggestion on this forum, didn’t think it could get that bad. imagine promoting overpowered premade groups when yourself claim to be a solo/no guild casual player.
just show how much of a troll u are and don’t actually want the game to improve

So, hit 70 on my warrior a few weeks ago. Thought I’d jump into BGs and get some outdated season 1 gear. PVP for an hour and get about 700 honor. Curious, I checked the honor cost for a season 1 2H weapon. 11kish honor. 20kish for a season 2 2H weapon. Would have to pvp for like 13-15 hours for a season 1 2H weapon.

Just my opinion, but I don’t blame anyone for doing whatever t hey have to to maximize the honor gains. Those prices are ridiculous. Season 1 gear is extremely outdated and even once you get full season 1- you will still get clapped by people in a mix of S3/S4. With the arena points you get for a YOLO 5v5 team- that probably helps the situation. But I think you’d see less afking in BGs if the outdated pvp gear wasn’t such a massive time sink.

Probably not a perfect solution, and I know a lot of people on here will say absolutely not to some sort of welfare pvp gear. Season 1 gear could be purchased for gold on a vendor, and season 2 gear have all the honor prices drastically reduced.

Again I know its not a perfect solution, but people will always do the minimum effort for the most reward. Throw them the outdated season 1 gear for next to nothing, and they won’t even bother going into bgs. It would also remove the barrier to entry and get more people interested who actually want to participate while still maintaining a large gear gap between people who have the current season pvp gear.

They’ve convinced themselves that a fast loss is better than a slow win. When I need the win for my Daily Quest it definitely is not. Also, I just can’t imagine giving up. I’m in there to PvP the objectives are kinda secondary. Sorta.

With how marks are still needed for armor - making that change would make very thing oh so much worse. If anything I think they need to increase the number of marks awarded for victory.

that has always being a thing in wow
not exclusive to anything for it has always been like it

then the bg gets filled back and those who enter it will find…
a losing bg, so they get discouraged and afk as well

because loosing streaks are extremely discouraging
killing participation even further

I spent most of my time in Classic getting threatened by my own teams for trying to put up a fight so now I just go along to get along. Not worth the angst. If there’s a good game to be had Im all in, otherwise its pointless to try and motivate the unmotivated.

2 Likes

You play to win. Enjoying playing is a bonus. They offer rewards. That is why people care about the marks.

Common sense. When they offer rewards based on how much you enjoyed playing then ppl will play for the enjoyment. Until then, they will do whatever the reward requires.

I doubt that. You were probably prolonging an obvios loss. Let me guess. You were on a team with half fresh 70s that were in all greens. Nothing wrong with that. They are allowed in. But you were playing against a premade in arithi basin. They 5 capped your team and were gy camping you at the starting area. You managed to get by ansd recap a node. Yeah, all you did was prolong the game and good for your team for yelling at you.

It’ll be better in wrath.

No one cares.