Bgs constantly ruined by players who refuse to gear

You do get 430 gear through capping CP.

lol this gem try again

also wanted to address this

When I started my journey in arena I did have a crap ton of pve gear called benthic and LFR was ilevel 410 and reached 1900 plus with that gear

So yeah benthic gear and lfr gear carried me :rofl:

What ilvl should you try for before starting BGs?

what are your goals for bg’s

Ohhhh man
 One guy from July
 You got me
 The other 99.5% of the posts have not said that.

The point is 20ilvls is enough for some scrub to best pika then you better believe that scrub is gonna kill me with a 20ilvl difference. That’s dumb. Skill should be THE ONLY defining factor in PvP. It’s not no matter how delusional you are.

Congrats. Then you got a lot more gear and got significantly higher than 1900. Thanks for proving my point.

2 Likes

You went from your high horse on this quote

to a deflated response

At least be a person of substance. I think you can be better than that.

MY point is all things being equal. Skill is the determining factor ( skill is the most important commodity),
you disagree?

Lol says the guy making ridiculous inflammatory posts :roll_eyes:

100% all things equal skill is defining factor. Hell even an ilvl difference of 10ilvls I can probably beat someone lower than me.

My issue is when I start a fresh alt or come back from not playing a season and I’m 30-40 ilvls behind, maybe a busted pve item or two, and no esscenes. Then my chances of outplaying someone significantly worse than me is next to nil. The blizzcon finalist was only doing it 60% of the time.

I don’t think this should exist in PvP. It should be ONLY a skills competition. Added onto that PvP gearing is at an all time crap fest. They have had extra systems in pve for ages that they just don’t bother to add to PvP. Tighten scaling and give us back wod PvP gearing.

1 Like

Then talk to all the people who complained about wanting “gear to matter” They had it best with templates but here we are.

2 Likes

Yep I hate them for it.

Templates still had issues but yes anything is better than this. Legion scaling + wod gearing would be perfect (essentially just a way to give us stat sliders).

I was in the gear matters crowd along the lines of choosing your stats (as enhance I would sacrifice damage to get survival for bgs for example. Or affy haste vs mastery builds. Was hella fun to tinker). I don’t like twinks in low level bgs or at max.

I liked templates better but I still don’t mind this. But I still like Classic better. If I had hit 60 sooner, as in not rerolled 3 times, I’d have been back to retail.

So are randon heroic dungeons, still has a minimum ilvl requirement

1 Like

And BG’s don’t.

Think about that.

Random normals dont

Capping conquest gives 430 gear. I am 430 ilvl and about the only content I do at the moment is epic bg.

1 Like

You get 430 via random BG’s by capping the CQ.

1 Like

400 and 2 essences would give you a fighting chance .
Don’t listen to the ppl who say that you can walk in with 350 gear and kick a ss. You will get an a ss kicking instead .

2 Likes

Who says you can kick butt with 350.

But scaling 

2 Likes

Well yea but never said you’d top damage/kills.

I think gear in PvP should matter, however I think gear should be realistically obtainable through PvP as well.
I also believe that gears’ stats/ilvl should not be changed as drastically as it is each tier. It is ridiculous that a Mythic BiS Titanforged w/Socket piece of gear is outclassed by the next raid tier’s LFR gear.

You should be able to buy benthic gear and upgrades with marks of honor, this would give PvPers a grindable gearing catch up mechanic.

2 Likes