BG forums lounge

I’d feel better about it if there was an actual city or something in game showing a large enough population of vulpera. The largest structure they’ve built are wagons.

Also no more bfa this expansion?? Classic is pretty fun though.

1 Like

I really am enjoying classic. I may go back to retail eventually because I do miss bgs, but having neglected my character for so long, the thought of playing gear catchup isn’t very appealing.

Then again, killing little :fox_face: in bgs sounds almost too good to pass up. :wink:

2 Likes

The races are starting to take a negative impact on me though. I’ve always wanted to main a demon hunter but really hate being a snobby blood elf with my pelvis always sticking out like I’m on the offender list. I really hate the pandas. The worgen look like frogs jumping on their racial mount. The new tauren models have turned them from minotaur behemoths into a 3rd iteration of flappy bird crossbred with a cow. Now I have to add vulpera to the list.

I’m just a salty anti furry nerd I guess.

Maybe Sylvanas’s team isn’t looking so bad after all.

2 Likes

One thing I do miss from retail is mana regen. My classic spriest is always oom and especially when that rogue or mage decide to gank. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But no belf, no dk, no dh, no monk gameplay is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I don’t see myself going back to retail anytime soon. On day one when I got on a bee at that flight path I wanted a bee mount more than anything. I don’t want to do whatever it is I have to do to get it now. Maybe I’ll regret it next expansion (which right now I’m assuming I’ll at least try) but I’ll remind myself of the feelings of aversion I currently feel towards logging into retail.

And all these new and I assume “unlockable” races? No. Just stop. Just because you throw every ingredient from your pantry into the pot, doesn’t mean you are going to end up with a good soup. It’s all made my aversion to retail more palpable.

2 Likes

I figured I’d play Classic and BfA alternately, have a Dwarf hunter on Grobbulus because I never played a hunter and wanted to try it …

1 Like

And a Troll Shaman on Fairbanks. (yes I’m Hornbori above).

But as things turn out I haven’t had as much time for the game lately and haven’t logged on to BfA at all since Classic launched.

1 Like

Haven’t touched WoW since a few days after Classic release, and I haven’t been actively following anything WoW related but my Twitter blew the heck up with 8.3 information and it looks really good & another step in the right direction. 8.2 = good and 8.3 looking good so Blizzard appears to be on the move for a mega expansion, wow devs saying this blizzcon is going to be huge. I won’t get to experience 8.3 as I won’t be allowed on a computer, but 9.0 is shaping up to be good. Classic is already proving to fail with them rushing out Diremaul because of player retention being low, majority of the playerbase is not even 60 yet & they’re putting out new content early assumingly for streamers. :joy:

1 Like

The weebs have blood elves and now the furries will have vulpera… awaiting 9.0 with bated breath for when they announce a pony race for horde too.

I smell a paradigm shift on the horizon. We just need to get the streamers to migrate to alliance first.

1 Like

Why are you not allowed on a pc?

8.3 does look pretty good though. I’m still enjoying classic so much but I may be coming back to try out the new stuff.

I honestly don’t blame them for releasing dire maul though. Once I hit 60 I already had a few pre raid bis pieces and ran a couple dungeons and got another bis piece… it honestly wasn’t that fun at 60 chasing the list. I don’t know if it was the elitists in the group’s I was in and the game already felt “conquered” or what. Leveling and random PvP encounters was much much more enjoyable so I made a lock and got him to 16. My bro and I are alternating runing through dungeons to get blues and then go be jerks in wpvp.

Just won a IoC that was a pure turn around and really the first actual turn around match ive had in BFA. Our gate was at 12% theirs 58%. They stomped us at hangar and we scrambled for glaives and demos while horde kept them destroyed 90% of the time. Someone got convinced to take a couple demos to hangar and we took it buying us a lot of time. Horde came in wiped us out again (this whole time we still had demos and glaives firing) but we retook it once again soon after.

Our gates finally fell with hordes still up at 20%. We actually mustered enough defence to wipe their offense 3 times and heal our boss back to full while the rest of the team finished off the gates and killed horde boss right as our defense finally wiped. Most fun ive had in a long time.

2 Likes

That truly sounded like an epic bg. If there was a way we could get rid of the defeatist mentality I’d bet we see a lot more of those games.

We passed around names of leaves to whisper them that we won. Actually wasn’t as many leavers as I thought, think the tally was like 5 and that is crazy low for an epic bg that was almost a guaranteed loss.

1 Like

I think design philosophies are leaking into classic from Retail honestly. They’re panicking because theres not enough endless grinds.

I know I’m probably in the minority on here, but honestly I prefer retail to Classic at this point in time :thinking:

My reasons…

1. Classic has no “future”, no new content will ever be released
  2. Clunky gameplay, and too much auto-attacking for my tastes
  3. Somewhat related to #1, nothing I do in Classic will ever matter… on the other hand, every single achievement I earn, every single title I earn, etc in retail I will have forever
  4. I’m simply too used to the various “convenience” features of retail (such as portals/“insta-travel”)… upwards of 10-15 minutes running from point A to point B in Classic? No flying? No thanks :laughing:
  5. I’m an altoholic, and retail is simply much more alt-friendly/streamlined than Classic, I would probably have to play 24/7 if I tried to maintain the same # of alts in Classic :grimacing:

Ultimately it feels like a giant waste of time, since the toons are “separate” from your main account and will never be “mixed”. It’s hard to explain the feeling - but I just don’t feel as “invested” in my Classic toon as I do my retail toons.

To each their own I guess, I’m still enjoying my Horde epic bgs/farming Alliance on retail :stuck_out_tongue:

AKA no way for Blizzard to destroy it. Positive point in my POV.

I actually like how impactful auto-attacks are.

Meanwhile, I feel like nothing I earn in Retail means anything because of how trivial every achievement I earn is.

Cant really say anything to that. Either you like the journey or you like the rewards.

Alts in Classic are more fun, but much more exhausting IMO. Each time you level an alt, you have tons of chances to refine and improve on your leveling. Since questlines aren’t just hubs you hit, theres many “hidden quests”, better paths, and rewards that would be incredibly impactful depending on what level you get them.

Well, once AB/AV/WSG come out, no new content is really needed. We already have the best 3 BGs.

I actually forgot how much I missed wands, crazy as that sounds.

One of the many positives imo

And that’s fine. Both versions have their players who enjoy them for different reasons.

Amazing what can happen in a BG when people don’t just give up.

1 Like

I wonder if the legendary cloak will make us farm social points.

Probably lol.

Has anyone played Northgard before? I bought it yesterday on my switch and ran out of food in the second winter. Then everyone hated me after I gave them a feast.

They are simply two very different games.

Some prefer chess, some checkers, some Risk, and some Monopoly; do what you like.

But as to #3, “nothing I do in Classic will ever matter… on the other hand, every single achievement I earn, every single title I earn, etc in retail I will have forever” … along with every new player who can eventually get the same title for some trivial event or quest in a later expansion so they don’t feel bad for not being able to get it.