BG forums lounge

Other forums have one, figured we should have a place for off topic shenanigans

I have absolutely nothing to do at work today. All my calibrations are current, I got all our audit paperwork completed, and there is no work coming for 3-4 days.

So I’m cleaning.

23 Likes

yawns
Is there any coffee?

9 Likes

I have coffee

I won’t share because I’d kill people if I didn’t have it.

14 Likes

you can have my coffee, i prefer pop

6 Likes

I usually go ham on Thursday afternoons so I can shirk on Friday but I left early yesterday. Now I’m reading about all the 8.2 stuff on wowhead and it’s slowing me down a bit as well. Good thing we are letting a service learning kid from the local high school work two hours on Fridays. I have a feeling she will be doing a lot of my busy work lol.

3 Likes

Around here everything is called a coke. If you said pop people would look at you like you had two heads.

“You want a coke?”

“yea sure I will take a dew if you have it”

11 Likes

Y’all southerners are a strange bunch.

8 Likes

Yeah if you pulled that crap here you’d end up with a brown drink and be like WTH

5 Likes

It’s “soda” here. Encompassing all the fizzy overly-sugared canned crack and allowing for stipulation of variety. Seems an east coast/west coast thing? When I travel I hear “pop” in the east mostly.

4 Likes

I say soda.

My wife hits me when I do, claiming “it’s pop”

You can feel the love in our relationship :grinning:

15 Likes

Quality Management? What kinda shop are you workin at?

I’m just finishing up some inspection reports for our latest few contracts.

1 Like

I work in an EMC lab as a Test Engineer.

I’m also a ISO17025 auditor and do internal audits on our lab, and help prepare for our external ones.

1 Like

Right on, I work in prototype plastics.

I used to do internal audits, but now I’ve gotten promoted and leave that to others. Auditing was the worst.

I just miss doing inspections all day now. Quality Tech > Quality Manager

4 Likes

I do sales for a sawmill. I’m like a fancy hillbilly.

11 Likes

That is fancy!

I’m a code monkey.

2 Likes

Can you code in our vendors?

4 Likes

I would if I could. Unfortunately, I am your garden variety web dev. In need of a website? Branding? SEO? I’m yer girl.

1 Like

If you need pretty pictures for any of that I got you.

1 Like

You do make purdy pictures.

How is it Friday? I have no idea where the week went. Somehow I’m still living in Wednesday.

2 Likes

There’s an Off Topic section but yeah a designated place for total randomness would be good. AKA Lounge.
Speaking of lounge. I left office early to “work” from home. On couch now prowling the threads and considering a nap :smiley:
Oh and it’s “soda pop” around these parts :wink:

2 Likes