BG forums lounge

https://twitter.com/Dravvie/status/1183042515299160064?s=20

2 Likes

LOL!! :rofl:

@Darelin, I got backfilled into a losing/in-progress Alliance Ashran game last night and you were in it :joy:

I remember you said some stuff about ā€œhordeā€™s dps is pushing and our dps is backpedaling away, ggā€ in the chat before you left. I ended up leaving too, that team was just terrible dude - only like 3 Alliance doing any decent damage and everyone constantly ā€œretreatingā€ :roll_eyes:

I hardly ever leave man, but that was just out right ridiculous. I kept looking behind me and saw everyone just running away. Was already late and said screw it Iā€™ll leave do some islands and one more bg then joined a really close seething shore that we barely won.

1 Like

Ok im starting to get fed up with epics again. Alliance side it is literally a cess pool.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind it myself, to be honest I kinda have more fun in Alliance epics than Horde epicsā€¦ that Alliance chat box tho :rofl: :rofl:

Horde chat is so boring by comparison, nothing interesting ever happens in there. Bunch of boring stuff like ā€œinc _____ā€ and ā€œsome stay defenseā€, pretty uneventful never any juicy raging or screaming etc.

Alliance bg chat is wild :laughing:

Yeah the only ones I just cannot bring myself to sit through are ashran and WG. The others I can actually pick fights elsewhere and have some fun in the mean time. Silly thing is that I enjoy ashran and WG itā€™s just without the team even semi coordinating (even if losing) they just arenā€™t fun.

I donā€™t mind Ashran myself, the massive teamfights are fun even if you are losingā€¦ at least itā€™s something to do.

Wintergrasp on the other handā€¦ :roll_eyes: :-1:

When WG starts off badly (lost the first teamfight for whatever reason), usually thatā€™s an insta-/afk. I just donā€™t enjoy WG very much and think itā€™s a boring bg, and if your team is losing itā€™s even worse.

Iā€™m not surprised people leave losing/in-progress WG games in droves, itā€™s the most logical thing to do (15 minute debuff versus a 45 minute loss).

Wintergrasp is probably tied with Seething Shore for ā€œworst bg in the gameā€ :laughing:

Depending on how the ally team is handling the vehicles (all retreating or at least trying to fight them off) a loss in WG can still be a lot of fun. Ashran is just one of those that if Iā€™m playing one of my melee specs I wonā€™t stick around if the team is doing badly. If Iā€™m boomy then yeah Iā€™ll sit around and pad meters and see who I can blow up.

Youā€™re gonna miss some epic no resource AVs and WSG no timer games by not joining us on classic. Just sayinā€™!

Mehā€¦ itā€™s just too much of a time-sink for me (supposedly it takes 8 days of /played to just to hit 60?), and I have enough alts as it is :grimacing:

Have fun over there, I think Iā€™ll stick to retail epics.

Warzug I canā€™t figure out whoā€™s alt you are.

Pretty sure itā€™s GDtroll. Also, just realized heā€™s on Mankrik, thatā€™s where Iā€™m leveling my Alliance toon.

2 Likes

I get itā€™s not for everyone, but Iā€™m enjoying the experience of getting to 60. Iā€™ve been leveling with Squeek and having an absolute blast and this is coming from someone who hates leveling with a passion. Iā€™m playing parts of the maps I havenā€™t seen or touched in years. It really does feel like a different game for me.

2 Likes

Same, but Iā€™ve come to realize itā€™s retail leveling Iā€™ve always hated.

2 Likes

just logging into retail WoW for the first time since MoP looking to get back into pvp battlegrounds and arena. I have a lv 60 rogue on classic which I enjoy. Any suggestions on fun classes that are fairly balanced. I see a ton has changed

I think itā€™s probably the same for me which seems odd considering all the bonuses of heirlooms (including a vehicle at lvl 1) and xp in retail.

Iā€™m also planning to twink in classic at some point, a big no no on retail. I already have a friend looking forward to all the gear runs and watching me suicide to avoid xp. :joy:

2 Likes

Well leveling is faster for sure but rather than 60 levels, you have to do 120. Itā€™s pretty easy with mobs dying fast. No one is really out there because most boost or play at max level. Thereā€™s just a big difference between the two

Rogue is one of the few classes on retail that has retained most of their utility from mopā€™s glory days. Itā€™s a solid solo pvper choice imo since stealth lets you pick your fights. Most of the classes have changed significantly since mop so the best bet is to just make class trial characters for free at 110 and see which one interests you the most and then go level it.

Itā€™s boring doing the aoe snooze fest for 120 levels with some pvp mixed in. I just canā€™t. I almost feel like its by design for them to sell more boosts lol.

Which class? If itā€™s a clothy then I have magefist gloves and kellerā€™s girdle to sell you for 10000g. Start saving. Itā€™s a good deal I promise.

1 Like

I mean, could be. But I think retail is just more focused on end game than anything.

1 Like

Itā€™d be cool if they gave us a hard mode that makes it more classic like with low regen, every mob is essentially an elite, etc.

1 Like