BG experience is broken

I posted this here the other day but it was moved to WotLK general discussion with no response.

Here’s the thing though: it’s not a general discussion topic (IMO). It’s clearly a bug.

This specifically from a blue states that experience should be provided in battlegrounds. Experience is only being awarded in AV, nothing else.

Is this a design change? A bug? What?

If you think it’s a bug, it’d better suited for the bug reports forum. The blues here don’t handle anything related to bugs.

5 Likes

It’s most definitely at minimum a bug; I just want to know if it was an intentional change or not.

It says right in what you posted that it’s an intentional change.

1 Like

So you’re saying that, from your deduction and what you quoted, we should be getting no experience?

If you aren’t receiving experience and you don’t have experience turned off then you need to file a bug report.

2 Likes

It does state that it will be added in Wrath Classic, which has not launched yet.

2 Likes

But they were giving experience. WSG CtA gave experience. Additionally, it wouldn’t make sense for AV to give experience then.

All signs point to this being an intentional change, yet I don’t know why

And that’s a better question for the WotLK General forums than it is here unfortunately. The Blues here are not liaison to the developers who make decisions on changes, but the Community Managers are.

8 Likes