BFA < WOD. Heres why

anything after mop can burn in the fiery trash pit with ET Atari game.

2 Likes

Just give it a couple of years and people will start raving about how awesome BfA was.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t have said it better myself.

1 Like

I find BfAā€™s content fun. The world quests of BfA are way more fun than any Apexis daily, I find the story better in BfA and enjoy how it progresses through the war campaign and other quest lines, and while I enjoy the dungeons from both expansions, BfA stared with 2 more and the Mechagon one is on the way. Just to name a few thingsā€¦

BFA is better than wow because it features way more content.
Sadly itā€™s poorly designed content, soā€¦ while itā€™s better, itā€™s almost equal.

I find there is no difference between farming apexis, and farming azerite at this point. The questline is a fair point, it is a lot more cohesive and fleshed out. Quantity of dungeons =/= better content.

But all of it is subjective to the player. What you may find fun, I may not, and vice-versa.

Azerite is actually useful. Apexis crystals were good for buying a mount.

WoD had good class design and limited content

BfAs class design is an abortion that leads me to not bothering with its shallow content.

1 Like

And gear. And tokens for bonus rolls.

You got better gear from the mission table and tokens from your garrison. Never spent a single crystal on anything but that 150k mount.

They both bad its that simple.

Bfa most certainly has more content but doesnā€™t mean that content is great for some people.

M+ vs CMā€™s : CMā€™s offered more challenge early on , M+ better over time, why we canā€™t have both idk

BFA class design vs Wod class design: Wod wins by miles imo

Wqā€™s vs Apexis wqā€™s: Bfa wqā€™s slightly better due to having better rewards. Wqā€™s system only really worked in Legion due to leggos. They are glorified dailies.

BFA wpvp vs Wod wpvp: This is tricky Wod had the coliseum and the collecting of 500 heads per race which i did and enjoyed but most people did it in trashran. I call this equal.

Uldir vs Highmaul: both decent entry raids Bfa wins on aesthetics and Wod wins on STORY atleast Alliance knew why they were going there.

Bod vs Brf: Two great raids i prefer BRF even though i think Jaina is the better end boss over Blackhand.

Warfronts vs Ashran: Iā€™ll take Ashran atleast it has some real PvP in it.

Islands are something completely different yet very disappointing. I take this back, islandā€™s are just open map scenarioā€™s, so they arenā€™t new but wod didnā€™t have them.

Allied races some people love, im happy for them. For me they are just fluff and should just be added to the character creator as extra options.

Azrite vs Tier: Tier wins everytime.

Bfa professions vs Wod professions: Both version are bad compared to past expansions atleast in Wod you could make some gold.

Wod had Gear and PvP vendors.

War campaign vs Garrison campaign: I canā€™t believe iā€™m going to say this , garrisons. (someone shoot me)

Bfa cinematicā€™s are the best they have done.

Iā€™m not going to go into loot as Wod was the start of rng itemization on gear and both expansions were bad in terms of loot. IDK what was wrong with predetermined stats on gear.

3 Likes

More than slightly better. WoD didnā€™t have dailies until Tanaan Jungle was complete. Apexis crystals were worthless.

I stand by what i said wqā€™s only worked in legion due to leggos they are imo a very weak version of legions.

Apex is terrible Bfa wqā€™s are terrible.

Quality over Quantity is the difference between expansions.

I agree that Islands and Warfronts are underwhelming, but I think they both provide a decent enough starting point if Blizzard is willing to work on them a bit next expansion. I also think Heroic Warfronts in 8.2 should make them feel a lot better; It worked for Scenarios during MoP so why not these?

Fortified / Tyrannical as baseline +2 Traits in Mythic+ was a mistake, but overall Mythic+ is just as functional and fun as it was in Legion. ā€œMore Trashā€ isnā€™t a negative. Thatā€™s been the focus of Mythic+ since always and itā€™s false depending on the dungeon in question anyway.

Agreed on good raids, thatā€™s always what WoW shines at.

Thereā€™s also world quests/emissaries/rep grinds/incursions paired with an unfolding endgame questline ala Suramar.

Meanwhile, WoD offered the old-style dungeons + raids and added Garrisons but was devoid of anything else. Dungeons were useless after the first few weeks for people who actually played with any regularity as Mythic+ didnā€™t exist yet (and Mythic itself didnā€™t come until the xpack was almost over). Which just left Raids, which were solid as always, and Garrisons ā€“ which were much like Dungeons, becoming useless as a form of content after ~3 weeks when active players got them upgraded fully. Sure, they spat money, but it wasnā€™t content at that point. Also, the [totally superfluous] rep grinds were literally ā€œhey grind mobsā€, no quests. They never added any new dungeons. 6.1 had no content. No patch after 6.2. Oof.

1 Month into WoD and it was quite literally ā€œraid or dieā€ with nothing else to even glance at.

WOD had more faction pride than this expansion.

Yes, BFA is better than WOD. I liked the way professions worked in WOD and made a ton of gold through professions and remote auction house with 12 garrison active characters, but spent pretty much all my time doing that and didnā€™t enjoy WOD. I went back and finally finished WOD pathfinder just recently. Now I donā€™t use professions or auction house much at all since they were both destroyed to solve the problems of WOD.

XP comes really fast in wod but in Gorgrond specifically. I find wod moves really fast.

I mean did they work really? Or did people do them more for the easy and fastest way to obtain valor points?

I can wash the dishes with a friend and it be fun, it doesnā€™t mean that washing dishes is inherently fun.

I mean, I enjoyed them for what they were. Obviously if there were no rewards Iā€™d have spent that time elsewhere but that applies to literally all forms of content in WoW. Itā€™s why I donā€™t bother with Islands since the rewards there arenā€™t particularly tangible in a gear progression sense.