BFA was 1000x better than SL, you just didn't play it

BFA was fun the first time through, but after that it was dull and tedious. Shadowlands is worse for me. I havent even managed to level a character to max yet.

2 Likes

Link to your source that shows nobody played BfA but you.

1 Like

Hot take: We didn’t continue to play it because it was garbage.

2 Likes

I can agree but at least the zones were worth exploring. SL, the zones are like an obstacle course for dailies. It’s so gutted there is no RP to the zones at all, just boring empty zones with NPCs with no dialogue just there for decoration.

I do not disagree that BFA was a bottom end expansion, but holy hell does shadowlands feel like a pure end game. There is almost no fun outside of it.

I’ve never bought so many tokens because I have not one spot in any zone to just relax and farm. The grind isn’t even trying to hide itself anymore.

2 Likes

Bfa was pretty trash from start to finish with a handful of decent things not great just decent

Imo BFA took everything they learned from legion and just made it worse and SL feels much the same

Who cares about the loot? Seriously, most of you can get 10-50% dps off of just learning your dang rotation. The loot horders are the scourge i swear.

Yes they abandoned a good idea and kind of went all over the place with BFA. I’m not going to lie though. The Old God’s have been one of the top bad guys in the game and 8.3 gave them the most justice.

In comparison, you have Zovaal…what’s the worst he can do? Make souls go to an even worse hell than he already has? C’mon man. His intentions are literally so disconnected and not known that it doesn’t feel important to me in the slightest.

1 Like

Don’t know if I’d say 1000x times better but I had infinitely more enjoyment playing through the entirety of BFA than I have SL so far. Honestly I would put SL below both BFA and WoD as the worst expansion that this game has had. The biggest issue with BFA was the start where everything from legion got pruned which was their first mistake so classes just felt gimped and awkward. Most of the artifact traits should have been baked into the classes; same with the abilities.

Uldir obviously wasn’t an amazing raid but the first patch most specs could get away with running 3 archive of the titans and it wasn’t an issue.

8.1 bringing the extra row of azerite traits and BoD was definitely the highest point of the expansion and lets be honest, BoD is easily near the top of tier lists for raids in this game. It also brought Reaping to M+ which was probably one of the funnest affixes so far.

8.2 was a one step forward and ten steps back patch because EP was good, Nazjatar was decent, and Mechagon was the closest to timeless isle we’ve gotten in a long time however it introduced azerite essences which should have released account wide and it pretty much killed off any potential of playing alts because it didn’t.

8.3 was fine towards the end of the expansion but was salvageable at the beginning of the patch if they had simply had the corruption vendor from the start. Echoing Void (until nerf) and Infinite Stars completely killed game balance because it wasn’t realistic to get 12% stats on the majority of your gear until the vendor released.

To me, the way covenants were implemented, the atrocious balance across those soulbinds and abilities, conduit energy killing playing other specs, and getting punished for switching between covenants is so much worse than azerite armor ever was. Now we have domination sockets and gems that are completely destroying raid balance because if you get lucky it doesn’t even matter if you’re bad at the game or not you’re essentially getting a 30% dps increase and it’s disgusting.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve got 2 of the 3 sets and they are stupid even if LFR Head piece, worth taking for the 300 primary stat. literally a shoottier version of HoA essences, that you only use for raid, maw and korthia.

Guess where I spend most of my time now. Luckily got another garb wrist from lfr so i can swap sets without pulling out the gems individually.

1 Like

I mean, from what we’ve seen of shadowlands so far-- yeah BFA was a better expansion. But BFA wasnt a good expansion overall. Shadowlands is really sinking and itll only get worse when the content drought begins.

1 Like

Sure I did.

2 Likes

These always pop up. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

“Cata is the worst!! Wrath was so much better!”
“WTH? Pandas? Cata was better than this!!”
“OMG! Mission tables!! MoP was better”
"Legion is bad! More of WoD but even worse! "
“BfA is worst expansion ever! Legion was better!”

And the beat goes on…

1 Like

This.

You get an ‘upgrade’ but it’s not an upgrade until you farm umpteen azerite power to lock the ‘new’ versions of the exact same powers you already had.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Did you just not equip Azerite armor then entire expansion, and skip Essences entirely?

Did you even get the neck? Doesn’t seem like it.

1 Like

I think shadowlands is more fun

2 Likes

At best its no worse but it certainly isn’t better overall. I call a draw until the last patch is out unless this was the last patch.

1 Like

I didn’t lol. I quit during battle of Dazaralor or whatever it was called.

1 Like

BFA was like every other recent WoW expansion

Horrible at launch, gets better in the middle, then just gets silly at the end to the point where it’s kind of fun but hard to take seriously at all.

SL was horrible at launch and is currently on track to be… also horrible in the middle.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the BFA content when it was fresh. It just stopped being fresh a few months after Ny’alotha.

2 Likes

Yes bfa before visions was ver very entertaining. Rewarding. You didn’t need 100000hrs. But there was some grind as expected in any mmo.

Sl love the idea but the balance of classes is so so bad … gearing is the worst game!

Pvp is really bad dieing in one shot. They didn’t fixed the brackets

Raids are really really difícilt… And m+ toxic with your rate plus having one crappy drop that you need to grind valor for months to also upgrade to crappy level …

So only one good item per week :frowning:

Sl blows compare to bfa

3 Likes

Keys were better in bfa yes it was 10000 better. Anything that makes me play less is always better after all these yrs. Vaults garbage nothing drops in keys now as well as raids compared to bfa. They ruined gear upgrades for alts in SL ya definitely worse to much gating on everything korthia sit and wait on rares day after day getting research. Nothing else to do I might raid next raid if it has normal tier not time wasting garbage tier. Sometimes its nicer when loot drops and at a decent ilvl than the SL loot fiasco.

2 Likes