BFA was 1000x better than SL, you just didn't play it

i personally find renown grind a lot better than azurite grind

3 Likes

New here? They hate everything lol.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I kinda liked corruptions, not really the rng about it but corruptions for sure. Some of them were kinda fun! What I didn’t like was the plants in nazcheddar only giving 1-2 flowers per pick, where multiboxers could get node x account. If it had of been a normal amount per node I could have had made my own potions without having to spend time or gold to get them. that was a serious misstep.

There are of course other things, the fact that most crafting recipes required pvp tokens for some reason for instance. Hey! I’m just trying to craft here, jeez! Or the fact that if you wanted to unlock zandalari trolls you had to do all three zones on the same character, no piecemeal for that, apparently! Or Daz required a flightpoint to get from one end of the city to the other without flying. There’s a lot of really stupid stuff in BFA, but BFA didn’t have the maw, so… sadly it’s better than shadowlands.

1 Like

The renown “grind” is 30 minutes a week. Azerite Power was hours per day.

2 Likes

Idk what you’re on about but having 200%+ mastery during burst with a maxed out cloak was the best thing I ever did

I just wish I could have made a marksmanship hunter at the time and geared it up, I wanted to see how crazy far I could shoot with masterful stacked

1 Like

yea i know lol

1 Like

Huh?

You got it backwards, Shadowlands feels more like a job. Closest thing to a “chore” in BFA was the legendary cape grind, and that only came at the very end of the expansion.

In BFA you could juggle 5-6 “mains” at a respectable item level, not easy to do that in Shadowlands.

Shadowlands seems to place a heavy emphasis on “playing one main character only” and is mainly designed for raiders.

If you’re a raider type? Sure, I can see those types thinking the expansion is great.

People are unsubbing left and right in Shadowlands, or playing other games. The game doesn’t seem to be in a healthy state at all, and most of the “big” streamers agree.

5 Likes

Azerite grind, essence grind, cloak grind, corruption grind? Don’t forget to do your 20 Island expeditions per week so you can equip your new raid item.

2 Likes

BFA had a wretched metaplot (that SL is continuing), azerite armor was a disaster, warfronts were boring, island expeditions were boring, there was zero character progression, Warmode was and remains absurd (no, incentives for people who don’t pvp to camp WQs for a reward is not a success), azerite grind was rehashed filler and utterly uninspired, N’Zoth was utterly wasted (unless we only think we won), professions were a flop for me (no fun content around or interesting impact on play).

The zone design and questing were amazing. I hate deserts but loved Nazmir, I can’t brag on that enough. The raids and dungeons were great. The voice acting was out of the park, the music and art in general were out of the park. Darin DePaul as N’Zoth gets a specific call out for me–absolutely nailed it. Fury warrior gameplay was the best it has been imo.

Probably left a bit out. But SL is the first expansion I couldn’t make myself play. Renown, Torghast, The Maw. I cannot accept that someone designed any of it, played it, and told themselves it was fun or engaging.

So, yeah, not by much, but I think BFA was better.

1 Like

BFA blew.

I’m perplexed how people can say they enjoyed that grindy mess.

4 Likes

bfa was awesome i loved it. i just cant get past the amount of grinding in shadowlands. its just not fun torghast and the maw make me want to quit. theyre not difficult, theyre just stupidly annoying. who enjoys being slowed/snared in the open world or randomly have mobs jump you in a solo instance. its just crap game design.

7 Likes

came in on the last patch it was absolutely awful the gearing was utter trash.

1 Like

Form lurkers did not hate warfronts they hated that it blatently favored one faction over the other when they first came out.

Warfront was handing out raid gear and they gave it to one faction only for a full week, and basically gimped alliance hard.

1 Like

Imagine being a bellular fanboy lol

Dudes entire channel is just reading wowhead articles

And personally I do agree, BFA was better. The zone design and art direction was much more fun than SL, and as boring as Azerite armor and essences were, somehow they made way more boring systems in SL.

5 Likes

Another lot cast against SL. Maybe I’m just getting old, but it feels like the cadence for exposition, talking heads, and the like was spastic as hell. The Maw introduction in particular. Trying to kill your way through things, chase objectives, pay attention to what Thrall or Jaina or Mograine are jabbering at you, and read quest text. It just felt like the content was thrown into a soup and dumped on my plate.

2 Likes

No, I hated warfronts. Any game mode where you need to put effort into actually failing is not a good game mode.

1 Like

BFA was great. The only thing I didn’t like was the corruption system at the end

4 Likes

Lol I know. Just opinions is all. Folks like different things in this game. Never fell into that I hate it, then you must hate it to, or else category. Same with liking something in the game.

1 Like

BFA was 1000x better than SL

i never said Shadowlands is better than BfA.

you just didn’t play it

i’ve played WoW from vanilla to current, and even played WC1-3.

2 Likes

Ooof, now we’re going to start idolizing BfA, huh?

Eh, the expansion over all was pretty bad. The systems especially were poorly thought out and designed, the removal of tier sets for transmog purposes was a very bad decision, islands and warfronts were lackluster, the raids were almost all pretty bland except for one or two, Corruption was a stain on this game’s existence, and the story was atrocious.

I will say Mechagon was pretty enjoyable. So 8.2 was at least a step up, but 8.0 and 8.1 were dull and 8.3 was just abysmal.

3 Likes