BFA was 1000x better than SL, you just didn't play it

All you bellular fan boys same didn’t play the expansion but have the biggest mouths about it.

How do you have such conviction with little to no experience?

63 Likes

BfA was good in 8.0-8.1 and great in 8.2 (8.2 and 8.2.5 may be my favorite mid xpac patch ever). It took a hard dive in 8.3 that transitioned into an ever worse 9.0.

32 Likes

I honestly had some fun memories in BfA. It didn’t really feel like a job to me. Shadowlands feels like one after having to put nearly 8 hrs a day and getting little progress.

But, to be fair, both are bad and probably the worse expansions.

70 Likes

8.3 was the best part. Could literally build any spec to do anything if you put the time into it. You didn’t play 8.3 did you?

17 Likes

BFA was actually pretty fun by 8.3, I have to agree. Not perfect by any means, and their in-game activities were pretty bad outside of Mythic+ and raiding…but I thought the essence system was super fun

4 Likes

Agreed, 8.3 was the best part.

8.0-8.2 was pretty lackluster…but you could easily say the same thing about Legion with 7.3 being great but 7.0-7.2 being lackluster

5 Likes

Me too, have my own share of good memories from BFA

3 Likes

…let’s logic this through for a sec.

Is it your assertion that there were a ton of people who subscribed to the game, or re-subscribed, in Shadowlands who hadn’t been continuously subscribed before?

I’m gonna need a citation on that one. I’d say it’s likely that the overwhelming majority of the people playing Shadowlands also played BFA, and Legion, and probably WoD too.

5 Likes

What does “build any spec to do anything” have to do with anything? Corruption was about the worst mechanic they ever added. Also you can kind of go look at my achieves. 8.3 turned the game to waiting on rares.

16 Likes

You right, though. I didn’t play BfA. I quit, along with most of my guild, a couple months into the expansion because it was horrible. Love getting an upgrade in raid that you can’t equip until you grind islands for 8+ hours. Maybe it got better, sure, but I wasn’t around to see it.

Edit: Want to add that I came back for a couple months at the tail end of 8.3 when you could purchase corruptions and I didn’t really enjoy that, either. I prefer my damage to come from my abilities, not random procs, but that might be a me thing.

14 Likes

Bfa before visions was so so fun

7 Likes

I actually genuinely had fun in Horrific Visions eventually. Granted I ran probably 200 visions for all my sockets so at a point I was super burned out and couldn’t grind even one more vision, but the point is they were still fun even on the 200th run. Choreghast is just terrible and the way they try to force players to complete it means they have absolutely no idea how to make an enjoyable game anymore. All they know how to do is show their shareholders that metrics have increased and so by forcing people to do full clears it shows their content is played more, even though people don’t like it.

5 Likes

BFA was 5x better. Because I could Multibox then.

6 Likes

I thought mechagon was the best part of bfa, great zone and shows how little effort they put into korthia

6 Likes

BFA was not bad until 8.3. Visions and corruption are horrible, hated them. Azerite amour was just plain bad. Worst expansion ever, but Shadowlands with it’s infinite systems and the Maw are making a run for BFA for the worst expansion, it will depend on how many new systems we get in 9.2.

11 Likes

Visions were OK, but way too repetitive. If they expanded on what was there I would have liked them more. I was really hoping Torghast was going to be what I though visions should have been, but then they scraped that.

1 Like

Never really understood the hate for BFA tbh. Sure Azerite gathering wasn’t much fun, but no worse, than having to gather enema in Shadowfail, or artifact power in Legion imo. Worst part was having to keep bags full of gear, if you wanted to swap specs. Legion was better than both.

4 Likes

BFA was OK to 8.1 then they just abandoned all the content that was key features of the expantion, island and warfronts got dropped like a rock, then randomly old gods.

3 Likes

8.3 was a “small” patch similar to 9.1, but waaay more fun imo.

Corruption was horribly, horribly broken… but so so fun once you actually got some :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I quit playing for almost half of BFA and it was still better then SL.

4 Likes