BFA was 1000x better than SL, you just didn't play it

BFA was crap.

SL is crap.

I’ve played every expansion and done every piece of content in this game.

Who is bellular?

1 Like

Honestly 9.0 was leagues better then 8.0…
9.1 was a major…. Major let down though.

I agree 9.2 is make it or break it down since that’s the point BFA got better and it seems shadowlands is going in the opposite direction

2 Likes

One thing i hate about BFA is that it didn’t give anything back to the players. Previous expansions rewarded players that invested time into it with some sort of goodie they could carry into the future forever… Vanilla/TBC gave players new spells/abilities, Legion had mage tower appearances/skins, Mists/WoD had the challenge mode items…

What did we get from BfA? rank 5 essence appearances? when are we ever going to be able to show those off or let alone use them? Corrupted flavored items? They aren’t even powered anymore…

I really hope shadowlands doesn’t shaft people that stuck out what I consider to be a paid beta test of the devs’ theorycrafting.

1 Like

BfA had issues, but it also gave us zones that had been mentioned in lore for years but we hadn’t gotten to see til then. I like being grounded in reality rather than flitting around in the afterlife, tbh.

I’m primarily Horde these days, but, Boralus is the best city of all-time.

3 Likes

Yeah, too bad they did not use the city outside of a few world quests. Alliance only sat in a tiny corner of the massive city that was full of detail. I remember flying around with a friend and exploring the city in detail, so much content wasted.

2 Likes

BFA in 8.0 and 8.1 was only not the worst any expansion has ever been early on because WoD was literally unplayable for the first couple weeks of its launch.

The amount of vitriol towards BFA early on makes the vitriol towards SL thus far seem like child’s play by comparison.

2 Likes

You know an expansion is bad when people already miss the previous expansion.

1 Like

8.0 was unplayable garbage. 8.1 was meh but 8.2 and 8.3 were amazing. Also mob scaling and PvP scaling is by far the worst systems they have ever put into this game. Those 2 things along make BFA still the worst expack. But SL isn’t far behind.

1 Like

I do remember it. The time where BM hunters were flavor of the month. The time when we ate Heroic Nzoth for breakfast. Yup, up to 8.4.

1 Like

I did play it. And I hated it. I didn’t like that my Artifact weapons were gone. I didn’t like that we had a new borrowed power system. I didn’t like the Azerite armor. I didn’t like corruptions. I think Warfronts were wasted potential. Island Expeditions were boring at best. I hated the story.

Was BfA better than Shadowlands? Maybe in some aspects, but to say that it was 1000X better is like saying one pile of crap is better than another pile of crap.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like it will depend on how the expansion ends.

If they end up cutting it short… it will be worse than BFA - due to lack of content

1 Like

Look at Nazjatar and then look at korthia.

2 Likes

In an no you need to grind something to keep players engage. But have to be a good amount so is not eternal not to little that you don’t feel you that you didn’t achieve something.

I like the idea the grind is for cosmetic more than for power. The weekly story and grind of renown is great that way you don’t need to be glue to the game and can do alts leave the house etc…

I loved bfa honestly I came back from Cata to that and had alot of max level tools that I enjoyed playing on sl… I want to play my alts but ive done the story on all 4 covs now… I dont wana grind the rewards or even korithia on more than 1 toon though…

3 Likes

I genuinely hate BFA to the core, but if it didn’t have Azerite or TF, I’d agree.

BoD by itself was better than the entirety of SL.

2 Likes

Not sure how exactly you meant this, but I hated Nazjatar.

The terrain was terrible.
The mobs were just so overpowered.
The mob density was ridiculous in some areas.
The quests were annoying and long, sometimes wanting you to kill 20, 30 mobs per quest.
You were expected to quest with a helper, but I hate that. if I wanted a pet, I’d load my BM Hunter up. But at least THAT pet, I have direct control over.

Some of the “pick item up quests” were so annoying, the items almost never spawned, and they were not shared items, especially those stupid fricken starfish. One here, one there in some of the areas that were THE most densely packed with aggressive mobs and patrols, and when someone picked it up, it was gone and took 5, 10+ minutes to respawn.

Also, the enemy faction’s towns were difficult to see the entrances to, sometimes you’d be going along a road, forget where you were and then die in 2 seconds flat because of their overpowered guards.

Nazjatar was a hellhole, and I hated that place with a passion. Korthia is so, so much better.

1 Like

Personally I think SL is horrid. I would much rather go back and repeat BfA.

4 Likes

God this thread gave me a headache

I would rather play 9.0 forever than all of BFA for 2 years

1 Like

It was better than SL, but that’s a pretty low bar. :man_shrugging:

I disliked islands and warfronts, but they were better than the maw.
I disliked Visions and grinding AP, but they were better than Torghast and… umm… grinding AP (or grinding relics as the case may be now).

2 Likes

I went to mechagon the other day to get a tabard and I forgot how beautiful zandalar was. When I flew back to the pyramid, I flew a little farther out and looked back at it. Absolutely amazing-and the music too.
There were a lot of nay-sayers during bfa, but I always liked it. There were quite a few class imbalances, but the pve was awesome.
As for as SL goes, I think the maw is one of the most awesome zones they’ve ever made, in terms of landscape and visuals. I would love to see the next raid, be open world in the Maw

1 Like