BFA Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread

Skycaptain Thermospark says: Come lose!

Should be “Come loose!”

Quest: “Time For Heroics”

“If he dropped it, he and our other junior members maybe in trouble!”

Should be “may be” - two words. Though I need to give credit to the writer of this quest text for using the Oxford comma, otherwise known as the correct comma.

When you give R33-DR a Large Storage Fragment, there’s a missing word.

In Legion, Baron and the Huntsman quest spells Huntsman as Hunstman in the description. I can’t find a Legion related thread anymore so I assume this thread is the one to use for all typos.

" It’s worth it to check in with his master, Hunstman Blake, and see if old Baron still has it in him."

Error message: “You can’t logout now.”

“logout” is not a verb. Should be “You can’t log out now.”

This is actually from WotLK, but the completion text for “Put on Your Best Face for Loken” is missing a comma. The NPC is Mountaineer Kilian.

Actual text:

This is madness, <name> and it could destroy our only chance to learn the true history of dwarvenkind!

Should be:

This is madness, <name>, and it could destroy our only chance to learn the true history of dwarvenkind!

Alter of Kings in Heroic war front Arathi Highlands.
the flavor text at the top says “Acquire Power (copy)”

Heya, in the Rogue PvP talents in Assassination spec the talent “Death From Above” reads “… empowers your weapons with energy to performs…” one ‘s’ too many.

Quest: Battle Tested

Description text reads: “… turn the tide against King Mechagons Troops.”
Should read: “… turn the tide against King Mechagon’s troops.” (add possessive apostrophe)

25 days later, I was coming here to report this one as well. Nice to see they are on the ball with their typos.

In the Adventure Guide for Lady Ashvane, under the DPS tab, the second item says “Avoid other players when targted with [Briny Bubble].” - should definitely be ‘targeted’

Quest: Aim High
Objective is “0/12 Rustwing Raven’s slain”

Should be “0/12 Rustwing Ravens slain” – delete the apostrophe.

Not sure if this IS a typo/grammatical but the title “XXXXX, the Alliance Slayer” title probably shouldn’t have the comma in there. All of my other “the” titles do not contain the comma - XXXX the Patient or XXX the Kingslayer etc - none of them have the comma.

2 Likes

The Lightbringer title from Legion also has this inconsistency. Not sure if it’s a bug or not, but I certainly wish it wouldn’t be there. Name, the Lightbringer. Funny, I don’t remember that comma in Uther’s name when he was using that title.

~

Toy item Cursed Spyglass description reads:
“Look into the distance and see what the scurvy naves are up to.”

Should be “knaves

Chromie’s quest “The Other Place” has a grammatical problem. The last sentence of the last paragraph reads:

… to ensure that our Rustbolt never become’s the other place.

The Rusty Prince yells: Your presence here is but a minor distraction, that will soon be eliminated.

Delete the comma.

This is more of a website typo than in game but it’s very difficult to figure out how to submit feedback on this bloody website. At the bottom of the BofA reputation conversion chart found in the link below, it incorrectly reads “The Unshackled” for Alliance and “Waveblade Ankoan” for Horde, these should be reversed.

Garrison Cache’s (from WoD) have wrong item levels mentioned in their flavor text.

Kalecgos’ talking head dialogue as part of “Spies to the Left and Right”

“While I am loathe to mention him, etc.”

should be “loath

Map to the Last Worldvein Use: text.

“Use: Layout the mission on your mission table, etc.”

Should be “Lay out the mission on your mission table, etc.”

“Layout” is not a verb.