BFA Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread

Inscription Tools of the Trade item Sanguine Feather Quill of Lana’thel - flavor text “It was never known if Lana’thel was the orignal designer…”

The word you are looking for is “original”.

Inscription tool quest [By the Book] swaps gender pronouns halfway through.

It started correct/matching (female:female), then switched (female:male).

Typo on battle dot net web page Death Knight spell tooltip ‘Necrotic Strike’. “…in healing recieved.”

Quest Gaze of the Loa has a typo

I trust you will restain yourself where you can, <name>. It is important that I overcome these trials on my own.

restain should be restrain

I lost my screen shot but the error also exists on wowhead under “completion” https://www.wowhead.com/quest=53828/gaze-of-the-loa#comments:id=2879244

1 Like

The description for Wintergrasp spells Fortress “Fotress” twice.

https ://ibb.co /vHnYVnB

Description for Pet Cou’pa text reads: “He is a real trooper. faithfulling tagging along with Kojo for years. He enjoys hide and seek as well as some serious shell sliding.”
Should be “Faithfully”

It was proven that these mega-threads for typos in the game do not matter. Why bother?

I used to have a signature here. The Shattering… shattered it. Please don’t step on the pieces.

In the Archaeology journal, the description for the Zandalari artifact Intact Direhorn Hatchling - “this creature offered both protection for istelf”, should be itself.

1 Like

“Sermon of the High Exarch” quest item that you receive during the Tyranny of the Light scenario (Mag’har Orc questline):

• the mouseover tooltip on this item reads “The unyielding conviction of the Light is palapable upon these pages” - should be palpable.

In the Tortollan quest “They Came From The Sea” at Tortaka Refuge in Vol’dun, in the 4th paragraph it reads, “Take this ancient scroll and use it summon the spirits of the naga.”

This is obviously an English mistake/typo. It should either be…

a) Take this ancient scroll and use it to summon the spirits of the naga.

or

b) Take this ancient scroll and use it. Summon the spirits of the naga.

Personally, I think the former is more natural, but do what you think is best.

Cheers,
Gentletide

1 Like

The Description for Item Runic Core:
“There appear to be glints of a purplish gem in the stone. You may be albe to prospect it out.”

Clearly the word able is misspelled.

1 Like

Typo > Alchemy professions tab > Lightfoot Potion > mouse over the star ranks on the rightmost screen. Description reads “Rank 2 Reduces the materials requied to create a Lightfoot Potion.”

Should be required.

Negative Blood questline from Kisha. Quest objective says and recover AND the Scroll of Fate’s Hand.

Should be and recover the Scroll of Fate’s Hand.

During the quest “The Return of Derek Proudmoore” when you go to turn in the quest to Nathanos, the second paragraph starts, “The Allliance brought…”, three Ls instead of two.

When you mouse over Mortas Steelfist (an NPC on the Jeweled Coast of Stormsong Valley) - the description/title under his name on the tooltip says “Effeciency Motivator”. The word should be “Efficiency”.

Not even sure when this typo was introduced…If you are a jewelcrafter, and you open your profession menu and scroll down to the Jewelcrafting Designs category, the section name is misspelled as “Jewelcafting Designs”.

The 3 player quest “Wanted: The Crimson Cutthroats” in Drustvar; the model viewer says “The Crimson Cuttroats” and the objective under the model says “Slay The Crimson Cuttroats”

~https://gyazo.com/876065dbadf3e88a6b07c8d3cb7daa90

minor pet peeve since the beginning of the expansion, i guess i could’ve posted sooner :stuck_out_tongue:

rastali enforcer needs to be rastari enforcer. just one letter. pls. my sanity.

1 Like

Item from the JC quest to repair the shrine in Drustvar.

Runic Core
Binds when picked up

“There appear to be glints of a purplish gem embedded in the stone. You may be albe to prospect it out.”

So, in the BFA Drustvar story line, on the quest “To the other side”, the East gate is listed as the West gate. And the West gate is listed as the East gate.