BFA Transmog Update - @Kaivax - Clarify?

Not Classic related, interesting though.

Continuing the discussion from Let us hide gloves, bracers, and pants!:

Just after that post, Kaivax posted this.

Continuing the discussion from Let us hide gloves, bracers, and pants!:

Do you guys just take posts from BFA players begging for things and then just throw them in game? If someone posts “Can warrior please be given a hand of freedom ability” do you guys just run to the devs who say “Yah we can name it something different and give it to warriors!”

Good lord man.

1 Like

Are you saying its a bad thing that he gave us what we wanted? It was nice to see some communication, and you’re over acting like that’s a bad thing?

They ain’t just gonna add anything in but its good to know that they’re listening at least.

5 Likes

The flash response and major game change in a instant because of a post begging for the ability to be completely naked?

Was there a major push for the past weeks by people who are heavily involved to get the ability to xmog naked?

1 Like

The devs have always listened to the community. The vocal super-casuals and blizzard listening to them ad nausium is what killed the game. Look at GD, see how backwards so many of the opinions are there, and you can see that same insanity reflected in the game design choices blizzard has been making for the game.

Retail players don’t want a game worth playing seriously, they want a cosmetic collection game that they don’t have to put any effort into playing. Cosmetics are great rewards.

Instead of bowing out gracefully because their lifestyle cant support a MMO, they instead complain on the forums until sub 2 hours a week is a viable way to play the game.

7 Likes

Well they caved to Classic about loot rules despite the fact that all the same things people were complaining about are 100% possible with a CS ticket, except now you wont see people doing it…

So ya i guess they do.

1 Like

I mean why not? That is how the game changed to what it is now.

2 Likes

“Most people rejected his message. They hated Jesus because he told them the truth.”

2 Likes

Can you clarify what you mean?

We couldn’t trade loot in vanilla unless it was boe. Gettin a gm to do it is one thing. Putting that power in the hands of players is a whole different matter. I was under the impression people only really had to contact gms over raid loot. Anything else was rare in my experience. If someone needed on accident and won it in 5 mans we just ran it again. We didn’t get gms involved. Maybe that was happening on other servers. The only other situation outside of raids that I ever heard of gms giving loot was when a warrior friend of mine accidentally DE’d his gloves. Either way I’d much rather confine it to raids.

1 Like

Ever see anyone blow something completely out of proportions?

This is that.

This thread is so pointless.

Dude… they talked about the transmog restriction in the Q&A. Shortly after that Ion most likely told the CM team about it. Kaivax saw the forum thread and then just decided to relay the message saying they’ll know more in a future update.

This isn’t blizzard bending a knee because of forums. This was decided before that thread was even made.

1 Like

It’s more that Blizzard made a successful MMO and it turned into a Frankenstein monster despite whatever intentions they might have had. Think about how things like cosplay and RP and such grew organically out of the game, and how much money that kind of thing makes them at a Blizzcon or whatnot.

This is not to say that the cosplay and RP and such wouldn’t have come about if they hadn’t added things like LFR, transmog wardrobes, and pet battles, but there is a feedback loop there that has run out of control.

It is an interesting comparison, though. The “purely cosmetic” asks are almost immediately given (and LOL at the “not pants” thing, especially given how skimpy some of the pants are already, but the whole notion of “oh I do declare!” prudishness and modesty is hilarious) and those who want a return to a simpler time take our “you will not get what you want and you will like it!” from the devs and that seems about right.

It’s also a “be careful what you wish for, because you might get it” kinda thing, in that we all want answers and news in blue font and evidence that they’re listening, but I could easily imagine that feedback loop getting out of hand.

While I don’t want to poopoo the recent communications (they’re great, keep them up) such as the loot trading post thingy, I am wary of where it could go from here…

Why is this post in the Classic forum?

2 Likes

Why is this on the CLASSIC FORUMS, IM RAGING

It’s how they nerfed druids in patch 2.0.10 you really expect them to change now when so many QQers are howling #nochanges ?

You seem to not understand how business in game development works. Gamers are fickle creatures. You must appease the largest body if you hope to survive between game releases.

But honestly I can’t say I don’t enjoy hearing that what we want is being taken into account. For all we know they planned this from the beginning.

Agreed. I see 200 people who stalk the forums asking for stuff and those of us who play the game instead of the forums hear about the crazy ideas after someone announced in game that some insane idea got approved and is being set up for next release. Hide chests? So that some tacky players can run around with their naked blow up dolls offending women players in game? really? The world is not Goldshire and some of us to avoid the place.

While i agree its a stupid change, it’s nothing different then seeing girls in a bikini top.

I don’t see what the deal is. People have been asking to show their tattoos with the demon hunters since they launched at the end of wod. Blizz gave them armor sets in Legion that was more revealing but players asked for more. Then maghar orcs came out followed by zandalari trolls. You got to put tats on in the creation screen to then never seen them again due to armor covering it up.

That is an argument that a guildie made on this subject and from a perceptual basis, I disagree. If that is the case, why not allow the pants to disappear as well. It is no different than seeing guys run around in speedos. I suggest that is it because guys in speedos are the sex that sells. I think when using sex to sell happens at this extreme, it is an indication of a waning market. Regardless, I find allowing men to roll puppet girls and disrobe them to be inappropriate. There might be a few people who have posted valid difficulties in matching up pieces that work for their transmog idea. Many of those ideas have nothing to do with protecting your life from the sharp blades of warfare… the theme that is readily tossed out when one complains about orphans in the battlegrounds.

Which is a perfect example of bad artist design issues that are driving the desire to have shirtless toons. I would have assumed they would have already created mog options that allowed those tats to show… or put a halt on the tat choices to begin with.