BFA Transmog Update - @Kaivax - Clarify?

Literally Transmog is one of the areas that Blizzard has maintained their image as an angry and bitter 12 year old artist who is going through the early stages of puberty since the very beginning.

My brother and I were big into wc3. We played orcs and almost always used the blademaster hero. When Maghar orcs came out he instantly changed his warrior to a maghar and was instantly upset he couldn’t make him look like a blademaster after carefully picking his tattoos.

It’s more of character fantasy and immersion.

I do agree though that people running around naked isn’t ideal even though I have an alt or two already running around with a training sword and a speedo. I can’t imagine that being more of the norm.

It certainly makes me halt the subs on my kids’ accounts. But more importantly, it is not all that difficult for Blizz to add a few armor pieces to farm that allow for tat considerations or slits in AQ dress-wear, thus reducing the slide towards a Warcraft game becoming more of a sex-craft game.

People have been badgering to xmog as naked as possible since xmog was added to the game, dude.

What does this mean?

So, why isn’t this game named Conan the Barbarian and why don’t the designers have the same issue as the original author that developed him? After all, if you are going to lose all grip on reality and say that armor is unnecessary, then why not let all those who choose to run around naked suffer the consequences of their poor armor planning by reducing their hit points, parry and other self-defense stats that armor gives?

they’ve held several useless restrictions over the years for dumb reasons. Like not allowing monks to transmog their Fist weapons into Mace/Sword/Axe because “They use different attack animations”. Or Shadow Priests for example… who were forced for the entirety of legion to use a dagger… which can only be transmog’d into a … dagger. Why you ask? well because the daggers attack animations arent the same as mace (in the case of the priest)! Important right!!! because you’re constantly meleeing as a priest?

I’m sure you’ll eventually be able to xmog no pants too.

You call holding true to the character definition as a useless restriction. I guess they could simplify this entire issue by only having one class and allowing you to choose weapons and gear to use regardless of art motion mechanics and you could pretend that he was doing what you wanted. Most would prefer to have a bit more realistic differences in the toons via classes and specs over total choice regardless of whether it suited their character. You could, after all, have switched to DISC for more weapon styles.

I think it’s good that you are drawing a line in the sand about what your kids are exposed to but there are so many revealing mogs in the game I don’t see how this changes anything.

The very choice of hiding armor and showing underwear is a perceptual one that crosses a barrier in your mind, in my opinion. It also crosses a barrier in the minds of other players. Otherwise, people at the beach would be acceptable in bras and panties versus bikinis and speedos. I am not going to buy anyone that tells me that they absolutely have no response to the differences there, even if they are a nudist in real life. And the game is PG-13 so we have teens playing that are even less likely to draw those lines. I think the argument that the underwear are the same as the other revealing choices is a weak one. I also think that there will be more nudity in game than there already is given these changes. Again, armor is designed to protect the body. In the spirit of world of WARCRAFT, I find is implausible when people argue that they want to play out their fantasy character as it was designed by stripping. It makes no sense to me. It seems more like they want to use the “dolls” in the game to play out other games that don’t relate to warfare at all. Someone should go develop that type of a game and limit the age group…

LMAO suggesting that I literally change my playstyle to a hybrid healer in order to be able to transmog different weapons oh wait disc is locked into staffs in legion. First of all the weapon classifications are NOT built around lore… Paladins are a combination of priests and warrior yea? priests can use daggers… warriors can use daggers… paladins for some reason forgot how to use daggers in between knowing how to use daggers. I spend tons of time transmogging, yes I can whine about blizzard acting childish when it comes to transmog.

I beg to differ. I don’t think it is Blizzard acting childish here.

Not so. My main is a priest and I used both staves and maces.

God retail is such a stupid game now lol. It’s so bad that people are actually opting out of showing their gear that they ‘earned’ lol. Whew

1 Like

There is armor already currently in the game that is more revealing than a bra. For example, the vanguard breastplate on female belfs. If you are ok with those pieces in game then why are you upset that my brother can go shirtless on his maghar orc warrior?

You know, I don’t really have an issue with your brother going shirtless on a MALE maghar orc warrior and playing Conan. I think his gear should take the hit for lack of protection, if I were to say let’s be real about those choices. But setting that aside, I have issues with men rolling and playing female characters and stripping them down to nothing so that they can enjoy eye candy while they “control” their puppets. I find the concept degrading, from the viewpoint of a woman… and having spent 47 years trying to create better protections of women from the misplaced fantasies of some men, I don’t really want to see a co-ed game go that way… especially not a PG-13 one. I think perhaps someone should go out and create a fantasy sex-craft to compete with Blizz’s market share. Then those of us who want a cleaner game don’t have to drop our subscription as this one slides more to the cheap marketing of “sex sells”.

Blizzard plans to let you hide everything from but pants.
Blizzard tells everyone that they’ll let them hide just chests.
Beggers ask for more.
Blizzard tells these people that they’re now giving them more at their request.
Beggers feel that good will has been taken toward them by Blizzard listening to their pleas.
Cycle intensifies and repeats.

1 Like

People have been using the black mageweave set as a nearly naked set since vanilla so a lot of these people were around before xmog.

1 Like

Add to this that I would assume a small portion of the beggars in forums actually represent the much larger group of players. I only pop into forums when I run into some outrageous decision that Blizzard has agreed to on behalf of the beggars that don’t reflect my wishes. Unless Blizzard is telling us that their subscriber base has dropped into the 100s instead of the millions. I am busy adding up my playing hours and my paid UNHALTED OVER 10 YEARS SUBSCRIPTION TIME as my way of spending my Blizzard time and money instead of wasting game time in forums.