BfA survival is awesome!

Alright now you’re talking my language, you’re still kind of a dk, but who isn’t.

Yeah Lonewolf would be cool for sure! But as you said I’d be happy with less pet reliance in general.

It’s a double edge sword though…my KC spam is starting to become deadly.

1 Like

I don’t think people hate the 4th Warrior Spec so much as they hate that Blizzard replaced old Survival with it instead of just making it its own spec.

Tbh, melee Survival is nowhere near what ranged Survival was. New SV is like some weird mix between Arms and Unholy.

5 Likes

Yes, exactly, it’s fantastic isn’t it! It’s like an AWESOME mix between Arms and UH!

2 Likes

No, more like a clunky mix. Your pet isn’t as useful or interactive as with Unholy, and your rotation isn’t as fluent as Arms.

2 Likes

Stealth capable, with nades and better traps…

Basically one John Rambo.

1 Like

I was thinking about Snake Eyes and Timber and Junkyard and Mutt. ETA Shipwreck and Polly.

Actually I find the ghoul to be horrible in comparison. Can’t heal it, doesn’t do any DPS outside of abom, slightly better stun.

If you think Arms rotation is smooth…I don’t know what to say.

Realistically UH is good because of dots and nectrotic.

I love the idea of a melee hunter spec. It makes perfect sense to me. Mainly, i want to transmog to 2x 1h… i know this is old but id main survival if that was the case. Also, not a fan of being tied to a pet. Lone wolf needs to be added as a talent. Lastly i can’t stand the mongoose bite play style… I guess I’ll just play something else lol

4 Likes

Survival is super squishy tho. I mean really good in 2s with a healer but as soon as someone connects its ripkowskie

1 Like

The only classes that aren’t “squishy” in PvP are locks and DKs…and every healer…

I think Beast Mastery would be a better physical spec, hunter relying on wolf/beast pack mentality; get in tear it to shreds. Physical bleeds, into calling a pack (wolf howl), physical damage. A premised idea of growing up and training in a wolf pack mentality or herd or w.e group of wild beasts, and taking down the target together. Currently, and historically, BM is you go tank that and do the damage, ima stick back and be stay away, “hey I said kill that!” repeatedly. BM hunter I see alpha of the pack, leading a pack of beasts not watching one do all the work.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but BM has always been a super popular spec, SV not so much.

Probably why Blizzard went with melee SV. And don’t forget Vanilla Hunter melee roots come from the survival tree.

Actually, all melee abilities were in the Survival Page of your Spellbook.

As for the popularity, it’s still got a cult following. That should tell you something.

2 Likes

Right but compared to BM…

I mean can you imagine the rage, there would be x10 Bepples here, and we would never here the end of it.

1 Like

i totally understand that. I remember it back then, but even then it was still primarily ranged and kiting oriented. Survival was based on Gorilla Warfare tactics in a sense, with oh gosh* they are close mechanics. I understand the current vision of survival and how it got there, in fact i loved it at first. But, after playing it a bit, and not being a prime pvper, its not what i remember playing a hunter was like.

You are right, survival was actually more physically capable rather than ranged. the physical abilities throw survival were more aimed toward survival though. Survival was setting the enemy up for damage using slows, snares, and traps with a back up plan of a physical slash to slow and get away. It was Tactical Gorilla Warfare. It is now basically a rogue that has some ranged capability.

I also mean to say, I don’t hate it currently. the idea and vision are clearly seen, and it works, it works great. I jsut dont love it.

1 Like

I can imagine. I dont think you are wrong on this.

Right on. Personally I am loving SV right now. So much adaptability.

1 Like

I love survival so much… I just wish it were more desirable. I struggle to get into groups as it is with a regular ol BM Hunter.

2 Likes

They hate us because they ain’t us. I know nothing about SV in PvE…

I ran survival at the beginning of the expansion and it was an absolute blast in those base mythics with a group of friends… Now with the state it is in today, we pretty much bring nothing to the table that a group would want besides maybe a lust pet.