BfA survival is awesome!

BfA survival FTW! Such a great hybrid spec. Fast, smooth, glorious.

Was not a huge fan of Legion’s take on it, but the BfA version is very fun!

:smiley:

6 Likes

My reply there was more so directed towards a previous reply made by Duidels.

Guess I should’ve quoted all of it…

Feels like it to a certain degree yes.

Nice to see so many that are positive about the spec. A lot of negativity has been directed towards it, for varying reasons ofc.
Some from past ranged SV players, some from those who would’ve wanted it to have a different design.

1 Like

What Kind and I mean is that if he were to swap his Loot Spec to SV he’ll see more ranged weapons. It’s how it works.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the feedback in BfA’s Alpha and Beta was ignored beyond some bug fixes.

1 Like

? Basically what i said. Back in legion they killed demo and in a q and a they said they didnt want people playing it. I played beta for bfa and reported these issues way back when

I was in the Alpha/Beta too. They ignored the feedback on the game play, but they didn’t look to kill MM like they said that they were going to do to Demo but actually did to RSV. They actually could have had a better MSV had they done so.

1 Like

Is it bad I don’t want to be hugged by a Void Elf? Can we just have a good hearty handshake? Maybe grab a pint…

It’s just the tendrils…you understand…

2 Likes

I’m in total control of my tendrils thank you very much!

5 Likes

That’s what all the void spawn say…

1 Like

That’s what they always say… :roll_eyes:

Yep. As for why? Who(of us) knows really…

1 Like

SV Hunters post appreciation threads all the time. I don’t see any other spec in the game that does this. You might turn around and say it’s because “people enjoy Survival the most”, but if that were true you would actually have more than a negligible niche contingent of the game playing Survival.

Look at how many BM Hunters are running around. They’re enjoying that spec enough to flock to it and it dominates Hunter representation, yet you don’t see us posting appreciation threads on the forums all the time (and yes, there are always appreciation threads for SV). We don’t need them. For SV players, they’re a coping mechanism. Here, in particular, clearly the other threads were getting to Kindwolf and he was disturbed by the negativity so he felt the need to post this thread.

This is actually a great reminder of how Survival is probably the only spec in the game that is unequivocally downgraded over Vanilla. While it has the usual advantages of modern WoW over Vanilla i.e. a refined gameplay loop and more useful side utilities, it is now no longer able to use a ranged weapon and achieve its highest potential performance at ranged, while in Vanilla it could. How far SV has come!

3 Likes

Link the last SV appreciation thread then Buddy, we’ll all wait.

You’re so ignorant about MSV, I always enjoy your posts. Thanks again champ.

3 Likes

Really, all I see is threads hating SV. Again it’s still a huge stretch.

3 Likes

You know, it’s funny. The last few hunting nights gave me nothing but BM’s. I wonder why. And I’m having to learn how to adjust to BM’s making better use of Master’s Call. I’m actually struggling against some really savvy BM’s.

If there’s a way I can try and CC their pet just long enough to negate their ridiculous uptime(which is comparable to melee’s)…

Oh, I’m sorry. Were we discussing SV? I apologize. You know, Kindwolf, I’m glad you bring this up because I tend to forget that spec even exists in the field. Shoot, even MM’s for that matter(the last one a couple weeks ago was the grav-killing type and even that wasn’t enough vs. me). I wonder who has made a thread recently proclaiming the glory of MM. It wasn’t me.

I’m glad and I’m happy you get to wax enthusiastic about things I’ll never get to see, EV-ER. Of all three specs, yours is the least seen in the field, and you give MM an out-of-town run for its money. So what am I really saying? There’s a hatred for a class that performs poorly across the entire board, to the extent that few, if any, bother to touch it, particularly in the World of MeleeCraft.

But don’t let me stop you. We’re nearing the end(v10.0) so it’s not going to matter in a time not much longer from now in a different MMO that might actually esteem ranged classes more. All of us are already playing a terrible PvP class, so in my honest factinion we reserve the right to play any three of the terrible specs…

And reserve some bragging rights for cowing a certain Grizzly Hiller, a Windwalker, with a personal 3’s rating of 2400 in the pillar at Stockades because he couldn’t take the abuse of a lowly unrated MM. Heh.

1 Like

BM can be a hard fight, all I can say is stay on them with your raptor, and try to trap their pet as much as possible.

You should Outlast them with mending bandage and turtle, but you need to keep heavy DPS on them.

And if you think SV is bad at PvP you’re doing it wrong. And I see just as many SV hunters as BM and MM. So our anecdotal evidence counters each other out.

Wait you’re talking about MM…
And lol at people who “hate” a class/spec, I can’t help but feel sorry for them.

1 Like

I never said SV was bad at PvP, though I think the representation tells it better than me. It’s not by accident that good specs are forgotten about in favor of others. They did get a buff, and it only takes seeing what the rep looks like this season.

I love survival and ive said it many times.

I think its sad they removed old survival for melee when they should of just added a 4th spec

I like legion survival more than bfa, but it was sloppy and didnt flow right. Bfa survival is bm hunter with two melee attacks and high damage.

I absolutely love it, but I wish it had a drop more melee. I also dont like thst we toss a grenade. It makes sense more for an outlaw rogue. On the flip side we use trapa and such as a rogue and a grenade does make sense,i just cant imagine a night elf with one.

Great spec. It will never be popular or highly respected

2 Likes

lol of course Bepples is on this thread. Good lord, you’re hopeless.

4 Likes

If you think representation is a measure of how good a spec is, good luck with that.

1 Like

It’s just only ONE measure. One quantifier. I don’t like to quote myself, but no one to my knowledge has ever said, “We don’t do the things that are hard because they are hard.” Even before the new msty buff, I’ve said that SV is a fine melee supporter. Too bad that in my business, I don’t have pocket tanks and healers…

It’s also how I know that MM is garbage, too. I’ve said it more than once it’s the weakest(?) spec. All things equal, I don’t expect to win, but i can teeter the scales unequal to where I can win nonetheless.

As for you, you’re the lowest man on the melee totem pole, which means you’re higher than the highest of the ranged totem pole. Would that SV be far better in my business, I would have continued it, but reliance on pets and utter dogcraptastic defensives(including a good front-heavy offense) has given no choice but to discontinue its gearing. I already am running with Lock and Load and Explosive Shot, so I’m already playing the twinned spec(and I’m loving it so far like Young Jeezy).

But I tell you what, Kindwolf: if Blizzard would give MSV Lone Wolf, I PROMISE I will invest into it. I won’t sell my staves and polearms. Pets are a liability(the fact alone that BM pets vastly outperform SV’s is embarrassing enough) but a MSV that has enhanced damage and loaned pet utility can get me stoked.

h ttps://coubsecure-s.akamaihd.net/get/b172/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/7f437ab2e8d/5c0b96beff3186b91cca3/big_1497383884_image.jpg

1 Like