BfA survival is awesome!

Absolutely loving the spec. Tons of utility, damage, cc. Fantastic in PvP, one of the strongest specs out there.

Super glad they made it melee in Legion and happy with some of the condensation we’ve seen in BFA.

After working to get my Warrior to a similar ilvl, I’ve decided to shelve him. Survival does everything the warrior does without needing a healer.

With all the hate for the spec, I thought I’d make a positive post where we can share our appreciation for Survival and the Hunter class.

I’d also love to see what traits MSV hunters are stacking along with essence preferences.

19 Likes

The fact that SV Hunters have to do this nearly weekly should tell them something about the reputation of the spec.

You do not appreciate the Hunter class. You have demonstrated in other posts that you hate both ranged weapons and pets, the two defining elements of the class, and wish SV had Lone Wolf/no pet. You like SV because it reminds you of your Warrior, because that’s what SV ultimately is: a third Warrior DPS spec rather than a Hunter spec.

21 Likes

Really Boopples? I haven’t seen a MSV post, at least apositive one, in awhile.

And lol, this is my main, I couldn’t care less what you think about my class, or how I view it.

Why don’t you go back to your super healthy pastime of trying to bring back an extinct spec, and leave the MSV appreciation thread alone.

Thanks champ.

5 Likes

That is a huge stretch.

3 Likes

Good luck trying to reason with it.

2 Likes

Funny how I only ever see “Bring back Ranged Survival” or “BFA Survival is awful” But I know your thing is trolling people on the forums who enjoy Survival post Legion. Good news! Ranged survival will be back in a few weeks with Classic! :smiley:

6 Likes

It’s a fun spec I agree. As much hate as it get, I think it one of the best spec in the game right now. Then again I don’t care about being #1.

5 Likes

Tried it for first time last week, while I do agree it’s fun I don’t want to play it. Got a weap upgrade and it’s a staff :frowning: I really just want MM fixed and back, I had melee toons for melee. Oh well. Glad you like it!

2 Likes

A staff for an upgrade will give everyone a sour face. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Cheers!

1 Like

Well, it’s a polearm but still, I wanted a ranged lol

Switch that loot spec!!

1 Like

Not really what we mean when we ask for the return of Ranged SV. :roll_eyes:

Or I should say, there might be one or two who is referring to the vanilla design. But most, they refer to the DoT spec we at first got in WotLK, who they(devs) then defined even more with Cata.

As for which version of that spec that we liked. It’s all subjective really. :slight_smile:

Opinions always vary, as is already evident with this thread to.

The old days when we still had both ranged + melee weapons.

I always liked being able to carry and fight with a ranged weapon while also having 2 1handers on me.

As for the now pure melee spec, I get why they haven’t let people choose between using a 2hander or 2x 1handers. But there are ways to, sort of, get around tuning issues. Or at least make them smaller.

:roll_eyes:

I just…

Jokes aside, we have our preferences.

3 Likes

100% agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maining it now and it feels great for everything.

Mythic+ I’m doing both good aoe and st dps.

Raiding I get to play melee, which I’ve always prefered over ranged, but most of the abilities are still ranged which makes moving for mechanics way easier.

PvP I can dip in and out of combat like genji and there’s so much cc, and a pretty good amount of healing with mending bandage, the 30% heal, camo, and the leech pet.

I get that some people want the old spec back and I think it could be readded somehow but survival as it is now needs to stay too, it’s just so much fun

7 Likes

When 8.2 came out i ran through the first bit of content and got some of my alts the weapons and 385 just to keep them at a baseline level however picked bow for my hunter despite realising i was intending on playing survival before hand, now i am stuck with a bow which is mildly annoying because despite BM’s ease of PvE content and MM’s solid ST i just don’t enjoy them.

I am currently regretting that decision for i have been craving survival however have had no success get an equivalent or better polearm.

1 Like

No, here’s right. It’s about Mechanics, not preferences.

Awesome input everyone, thanks for the insight.

I’ve been testing Azerite traits, trying to figure out which to stack. Seems like Latent Poison x2 is the only major one that stacks for us.

I have Guttripper x2 ATM but I’m not sure how good it is. I may switch back to Overwhelming power.

I dunno why but I just wanna give Kindwolf a big hug!

1 Like

I feel like they pulled a demonology and killed mm in pvp on purpose. Giving survival all the utility

2 Likes

No, they did not listen to the end user and went with unpopular mechanics.