Beta invites decreasing

No one is asking anyone to bow down to anyone will… its a video game, you don’t have to play it if you don’t want to.

Show me one streamer who is a wow streamer with over 1k average viewers that isn’t in beta.

problem is, if they just gave beta away to everyone wanting it they wouldn’t have as many sales come august.

This isn’t early access, and we aren’t entitled to anything.

People these days tend to treat betas like early access, and then not support the game financially. You see it all the time.

1 Like

You didn’t. But a lot of people said not to sub so enough with the salt.

Mmm. I can see that could be interpreted that way. Fair enough. So you think people who have not supported the game financially should be given perks for doing so over those who are supporting the game?

Making threads like this will not make Blizz flag you for beta. Be realistic.

why so bitter about it though? It isn’t any different than giving IGN, Gamespot, or EGM early access back in 2004 to promote the game.

Jeez, lighten up man. I know we all want in, i do too, but relax about it… we should be thankful the streamers are playing it and generating this much interest. It is free advertising for a game that likely has 0 budget for it.

Well for the legion and bfa betas they are either lying or remembering wrong.

I was in both and for both i couldn’t get into the servers when my sub ended.

This has been exhausted. Yes, they got streamers in because they want beta to be more visible. It’s a perfectly reasonable marketing strategy. No, not reasonable, AMAZING from their point of view because it’s completely FREE marketing. If they didn’t do this they would be idiots.

3 Likes

Sure, I’ve addressed this before, but with how fast these forums move, it isn’t hard to imagine it getting missed:

2 Likes

plus, if we’re being honest, classic has a bigger demand of people asking to be let in than BFA/Legion beta’s.

People are practically throwing childish fits to get in just because X streamer got in.

I didn’t get in, but i also don’t generate 100k followers watching me play every day. That’s free advertising that you can’t put a price on.

Capering around playing the semantic game is fun.

If you want to win powerball, the only possible way is to buy a ticket. IE: forced to buy a ticket if you want to play powerball. Putting lipstick on it in the way of word play does not disprove the OP.

As i said, this whole post was never about me not getting in. Its about how blizzard implemented this subscription requirement knowing full well their overall beta scheme was to get streamers to advertise it for free and get money from dangling a carrot to the loyal customers. If they just came out and said they were inviting select people and not requiring a sub, i would have been bummed, but i wouldn’t have cared enough to post about it.

1 Like

FINALLY. Someone with some common sense on this forum, ty.

2 Likes

Not nearly the majority, no and all the “content creators” I would have expected to see in the beta, aren’t, either.

The sub requirement is more so for the stress test, not the beta. The beta is simply for free marketing essentially, or family and friends.

Secondly, the betas and stress tests have just BEGUN. We have months more of it that people can get in.

No where did it say “You sub and we got you in the first round of testing, fam”.

It said you have a small chance to be randomly picked from a pool of potential testers; the more people who apply, the less chances we all have. Blizz had an avalanche of people banging the door down.

You still may get a beta, or a stress test key in the weeks to come so relax man.

EDIT: PS - i’m a streamer with about 100 followers, and i didn’t get in either. I feel ya man i want in badly too, but at least august is close enough. TBH, i’d be more concerned personally about getting the name i want on aug 13 than beta (*To which you will need a sub for a month we aren’t playing to get the name)

How sure are you about that?

being upset over 15$ when the game you’ve been waiting a decade for not only EXISTS but is coming out in 90 days.

1 Like

yikerz
ppl still trying to get through to this dude

they stated that You dont need a sub Btw You can either have ACTIVE GAME TIME or a SUB but theres a chance for ppl without subs

1 Like

So you’re saying there are over 2000 streamers involved in the beta at present?