(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

No…? It was a talent in the shadow tree and it was deep enough that you had to go full hybrid for it. Disc and Holy didn;t have silence at all in MoP.

The only reason that talent exists in my view is because of lights wrath cast time

mop was the start of the 3 bracket talent tree things there were no hybrid we def had silence as a base ability.

I thought it was just a shadow tagged spell? Huh, wait did holy priest really have silence and chastise?

i seem to remember it going to disc specifically in like WoD or something.

You’re never taking both though, so one is doa.

At that point, specific spec abilities became a thing.

Holy and Disc did not have Mind Flay for example.
Only Shadow had Silence.

no i just googled it im totally wrong we couldnt have silence. as a healer spec

1 Like

thats on me MoP is close to 10 years old at this point i misremembered

1 Like

Feels like the Shadow Covenant build could use a dps filler ability in addition to the Dark Penance you can spec into. No point in taking the talent that extends SC duration if all your offensive shadow abilities are on CD.

Pretty sure i had both in my raiding tree yes

i did as well.

They do the same thing, you’re missing out on a “better” (not that they are any good nodes in the Discipline tree) node.

when you start your ramp with 2-3 smends itll you get hps value out of it transition to 3-4 PWS and finish double rad evange, schism, mind games LW MB smite till your atonements run out can be alot of hps.

1 Like

No one allows you to use the other and i agree it shouldnt be like that. your having one end talent help with another end talent. Not good design

I’m saying it doesn’t seem powerful enough to be a capstone node, let alone two that trigger the same effect.

That i can get behind. ITs not powerful at all and lacks imagination.

and, you arent wrong, there is plenty of cool wrath talents they could pull from. Im playing priest in wrath coming up so ive looked, just not the pws or Da ones :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m curious to see what kind of overhauls they make to the trees though.

Holy (at least from current alpha iterations) received some fairly massive nerfs with the loss of Flash Concentration, Fae Guardians, and Boon of the Ascended.

The FC loss translates to a baseline -40% hps nerf to your single target healing with no current talent combinations even remotely filling that gap. Abilities like Holy Word: Life and Lightwell are so poorly designed that they aren’t even worth putting a point in them.

There’s a real lack of distinct and exciting abilities in the Priest tree in general. We got a complete copy and paste job of talents and conduits from retail with some meme bad talents sprinkled in (10% extra smite and holy nova damage while in PWS and -20% less SWD damage to yourself takes the cake).

1 Like

Gross, so you’re taking all those crit talents for nothing, sounds about right for you :clown_face:

Yeah they are rediculous.

Im expecting lightwell to be buffed or removed, else dead talent except for thos people who just love lightwell. Holy did in my view get overbuffed in SL recently so being brought back is not terrible but yes they need some compensation for the loss of FC. Would like to see heal flash heal and binding heal refresh renew again. Made holy somewhat more engaging.

For disc well as our friend above said our capstone abilites need some flair added. The pws bufss smite ones removed. I like SFP but im not against something more useful to shadow put in there. Mind games being boring asf for them.

Shining radiance etc needs to be swapped back. Dark penance needs to be buffed and used to heal if it doesnt already and personally i think SWD should proc atonement baseline. and mind sear back

Shadow is well documented by now

1 Like

most of our capstone abilities are not strong enough to be considered capstones imo as is. the only good ones are wickedness and LW. the other 3 should be further up the tree

3 Likes