(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

Not justifying his woe is me attitude and insecurity complex. and your right 20’s is not high.

What we did point out was his lack of experience means we take that into account for any of his views

This game has been ruined by Mythic Raiders and M+ I don think their idea of “fun” is healthy for the casual community nor the longevity of this game. Thus why I don’t trust their opinions on matters such as class.

3 Likes

Stop talking and get out there and get a sanguine depths, chop chop

Hello fellow priests, I’ve played shadow on and off for a long time mostly delving into it from MoP onwards. It’s always been an alt ive rather enjoyed and i think its current tree is very problematic as everyone can tell. Here are some of my initial thoughts on the spec and what we can do to fix the spec tree to be more in line with the improved trees that other classes have seen. I don’t have alpha access obviously, or i wouldn’t post it here but in the alpha priest discussion but here goes.

• Rework searing nightmare, maybe make it 60 insanity and have it apply to all targets within 8 yards and do x splash damage (akin to echoing void corruption for example.) and afflict all targets within that radius. Lets be real, searing nightmare feels awful to press and it being the sole aoe spender for shadow is problematic for the feel of the spec for new players and veterans alike.

• Bring Cascade back from WoD. That talent was very fun to play with and gave shadow a nice aoe button to press. Could be an insanity spender or could just be a button you press that just does aoe damage on a relative cd (30-45 seconds could be fine, forgot how long it was in WoD.)

• Bake intangibility into default disperse save a point if possible.

• Would like to see the 2 idol choice nodes available to be chosen at once or moved further up the tree. One could be moved to row 8 other can stay at the bottom (preferably on the same side if possible. Talent designs are way too cool to not be able to pick both imo might just be greedy thinking.)

• Vampiric touch should have vampiric insight underneath it in the talent tree.

• Psych link should be off of vampiric touch as well not sure what could be moved maybe psychic voice node

• Unleash shadows should be off of auspicious spirits to further go into the apparition buffs. Choice node it with Void apparitions.

• Remove Sanguine teachings, don’t think its healthy game design.
    https://imgur.com/a/mhD31T6
    Please ignore my horrible Paint job but this i think would be a good improvement to what we currently have with just really moving some things around and removing some of the bloat.

Hope to hear something for Shadow soon as i really enjoy the theme of the class and would like to see it thrive.

5 Likes

I really like how well you cleaned up the tree and reduced bloat. I’m not sure if you intended for the Psychic Voice/Mind Bomb choice node to end up in the class tree or not, but if it’s going to stay in the shadow tree, I think it could branch off of Fortress of the Mind.

1 Like

Hey all, there is a lot of comments here so I am unsure if this has been said already but I have a suggestion for a revamp for contrition talent for disc.

So my problem with the general priest tree for Disc is that we are given PoM baseline, yet it will just not be a button we would ever want to press, especially with a cast time. This will make it so we will almost never want to go down that side of the tree. So, my suggestion for a revamp would be instead of contrition healing everyone with atonement, I suggest it will (or has a chance to) apply stacks of PoM to targets affected by atonement. This would allow for better synergy with the left side of the priest tree and allow us to grab things like benediction along with some renew talents for just some extra healing throughput if desired. Just thought it would be interesting.

1 Like

A build im messing with has me using it and putting points into renew, benediction and renewed fath, but like anything its early musings and thinking

Having said that, the cast time needs to go. Its silly now

This had me rolling when I first saw it as a shadow priest. It was already something we were likely never going to take, maybe as something to throw out between pulls in M+ but then I saw the cast time and all I could do was laugh.

I think it’s been noted time and again there are not class-specific devs. Even if there were, and there are not, you would likely not be getting direct communication from them.

Priest has had almost all of its rank 2 spells removed, either as an oversight or misguided design intent. SWP is 12 seconds, Disperse doesn’t give movement speed, VE heals for 50% of damage, PoM has a cast time.

I don’t think it’s “as bad” on other classes, but there are definitely a few other ones that just have to be oversights, I hope…

Dev in the context of who’s designing the class tree. The rogue one is on discord with that class, while the hunter one is on the forums providing updates and responding to feedback.

These are the actually devs talking or is it a community/communications person relaying what the devs said?

In Scarizard’s case, he actually interacts with the rogue discord.

1 Like

Realz, the individual responsible for designing the rogue class and spec trees, has been actively talking with, getting feedback from, and honestly just being a cool guy with experienced rogue tcers and the average Joe alike in the rogue community discord.

He also used to be big pvper maybe 7-8 years ago and is / was a rogue main.

An informed, in tune developer who’s played the class and specs in question for well over a decade doing class design, and it shows. The rogue trees are on the whole fantastic.

3 Likes

Jdotb just proved on stream that Preservation Evoker is doing virtually double the damage as Holy/Discipline through only a couple of spells.

That doesn’t matter at this point. Number tuning comes last, because what’s the point in tuning numbers when talents are still being switched around and so much else is still happening. Any tuning to happen now would just be a waste of time, quite honestly.

Besides, all three specs could perform amazingly well numerically at 70 as things are, and yet the trees would still be terribly problematic in all the discussed ways.

3 Likes

At the very least it’s inconsistent to release something that egregious.

I mean we all know Evoker’s overtuned atm. I think we’re all expecting them to have some balance changes.

I actually watched jdotb when he was playing disc (and I caught a BIT of his holy streams). Keep in mind, all these dungeons are being done at 60, and the logging is questionable ATM.

Ironically, he said aspects of Disc felt really good, while he was playing Dark reprimand (which is bugged in alpha) taking 3 points for shadow covenant and never putting it on his bar, and never trying the harsh discipline line, which if you’re going for damage is going to be your best return right now (at level 60). He also never double-dotted, which we don’t know if it’s a bug or intended ATM so that’s fair.

But they haven’t released it. It’s on alpha. Have you seen what happens to specs after going through raid/dungeon testing before?

I’m sure preservation will probably release on the strong/possibly OP side, every new class they’ve released does. But they’re also almost certainly gonna see a ton of nerfs as well.

Certain specs are perfect and they were released to Alpha - this is my point.

You say perfect, but we can’t know that yet. We just don’t have the tools to come up with an empirical analysis in the short amount of time that alpha’s been out. It’s for the most part feelycraft right now.

I don’t understand your point.

1 Like