(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

Uh no, it’s not. Why are you being so combative and trolling?

Expertise would be something like the times he’s talked about Power Infusion. A well-backed statement about how to most optimally use it in a raid setting and why.

This is an opinion.

How am I trolling? He literally has direct contact to Blizzard. He’s done way more raiding that you or I. Quit being so defensive dude, it’s just facts.

Got it, you’re trolling.

It would be kind of you to not derail threads randomly with your trolling though.

God you’re intolerable. Everything that irks you is trolling somehow. Facts are trolling, asking for bubble disc is trolling. Step outside of your safe space where everyone is a yes man to you; people don’t troll because they confront you.

1 Like

No, you’re trolling because you’re trying to provoke reactions. You’re comparing me making statements about my experience on Disc in high level post-legion content in the past (expertise) with a raid leader saying Shaman’s talents are insane (an opinion). You’re either not able to make the distinction on your own, or you’re intentionally pretending you can’t.

In case you want a further explanation:

If I were to talk about Discipline’s reason for being in a RWF race, and Max were to say ‘well wait, no, that’s not why we’re bringing them to our raid’ yes, I would be wrong. I made a statement based on my observation that was incorrect, and was corrected by his expertise in the subject.

If I were to say, ‘wow Shaman sucks’ and Max were to say ‘what do you mean? shaman’s sick??’ that’s opinion.

If I were to then say ‘Wow shaman sucks because riptide feels terrible, they’ve got a horrible weakness in that healing rain can’t be moved and has a cooldown, and they can’t even do any damage!’ and Max were to say ‘Now wait, hold on, riptide is as good as rejuv, for sure, and healing rain not being movable isn’t really a problem if it’s placed well or the raid knows where it will be stacking, and their damage is actually great for focused target, lava surge can do a lot to help bring a boss down’ he’s arguing against my statements using his own expertise.

But either way, here, you’re trying to provoke a reaction - meaning you’re trolling, and pretending you’re doing anything but is disingenuous.

Attempting to gaslight me into thinking I am trolling isn’t going to work, no matter what you type nor how much.

If you aren’t trolling, you’re being dishonest or just entirely ignoring all context to any statement.

I’m not trying to claim you’re trolling randomly, here. It’s what you genuinely appear to be doing.

1 Like

All I have to know about you, Capslockfury, is that you and Daketh bring up your experiences in Mythic Raiding and high M+ keys as a way to dunk on others. That’s all the context I need when reading your posts.

1 Like

I have never once done this, but ok, go off?

When I’ve brought up my key level, it’s usually to add context to something I’m saying. IE: “IDK this hasn’t been a problem for me up to +20 keys, and I think that’s all most people are aiming for” etc.

I don’t say anything about my key level to deride others, nor would I. I played up to 20 keys?? That’s not like really high pushing?

If I did do this at some point, it was most likely in response to someone trying to call into question my own experience. And if I truly did just out of left field tell someone ‘I better than you haha your opinion doesn’t matter’ then I’d apologize - that would have been a very off day. But the worst I can think of that I’ve said that even comes anywhere near this was 'look I’ve grinded pugs up to these higher keys, and this weakness that you’re saying exists just doesn’t exist right now."

1 Like

Yep. Blizzard’s got to repair this issue. Healers being more concerned about damage than healing blurs the role-lines. But hey, who am I, that’s not they way they do things around here anymore.

If you want to be a pure healer, go back and play Classic, TBC, or WrathC.

Fair perspective.

Base off what I’ve experience with that person I think its fair indeed though.

Another post on why the general priest tree is bad.

1. The two left columns are useless for Disc and Shadow

The left side of the tree consists of three types of talents: Prayer of Mending, Renew and Holy Nova. Each of these talents comes with several upgrades in other talents. PoM (or it’s upgrades), Renew and Holy Nova are 100% uninteresting for Disc and Shadowpriests. This means that the 12-14 talents (Enlightment/Imp Smite are also useless for Shadow) in the tree are non-existant for these specs.

If talents are only interesting for one spec, they shouldn’t be in the class tree.

1. There are 18 talents which increase damage, and they’re placed poorly

For shadow this means that 18 talent points are locked in place. Due to the tree layout a total of 29 points are locked in place to get these talents. As a comparison, shamans has 5 throughput points. Death Knights have 14, but those are primarily locked in the final talent, with a lot of pathing options to get there.

Disc will also likely always pick up Mindgames and Mindbender, with a final choice of Shadowflame Prism, or Crystalline Reflection.

1. The utility options are rather dull and primarily self-defense based

The utility options in the priest tree are rather boring and don’t really ever feel like “i need to have it”. CC is hardly present, while theres a whole package of “self-defense”, and group utility is limited to Power Infusion and Mass Dispel. (Shamans for example have Mana regen, Speed buffs, physical damage reduction, AoE Disease Dispel, “Vampiric Embrace”… to name a few)

Power Infusion and Twins of the Sun Priestess are mandatory. Mass Dispel is mandatory to access Twins.
As priests lack utility, the point in Angelic Feathers/Body & Soul is set in stone.
In the CC department, there are MC, Dominant Mind and Shackle Undead, which is extremely situational. All other CC options are in the spec trees…
Self-Defense is bloated with Angel’s Mercy, Light’s Inspiration, Masochism, Translucent Image, Charitable Soul, and if you want to count it, Tithe Evasion.

Personally, i don’t see a way how to salvage the priest tree with a simple talent reshuffle. As reshufle doesn’t help when 12-14 talents are uninteresting to disc/shadow, dps talents are mandatory for shadow, and utility is either mandatory, or so questionably usefull that it doesn’t even matter.

5 Likes

Well said, I agree.

My dream is simply for Shadow to have a better way to get its own play-style going. Particularly in M+ or other environments with adds/target swapping/aoe concerns.

My Wishlist:

-Redesign Shadow Crash to apply Vampiric Touch to all targets hit instead of its current flat damage component. Then it would work with both Misery (by applying SW:P as well) AND with Searing nightmare (supplementing its ability to apply our dots en masse).

-Make Searing Nightmare castable outside of channeling Mind Sear. We simply have too many spells to cast during our CD windows. Please throw us a bone blizzard. We just want the spec to be fun and playable.

1 Like

On Flash Concentration.

A lot of people are disappointed it’s not in the current talent trees, including myself. Others have disagreed saying that it pigeon holed priests in Shadowlands.

But… If the goal is to make talent trees that are designed to allow the player to pick and chose how they want to play the class/spec then why not offer FC as an option for those that want it. Blizzard have kinda forced priest into a specific direction in shadowlands and for the first time we see holy priests as a viable top tier raiding and M+ class, as it should be. Taking away the ability to have a strong single target healing talent tree means that we are back to being just your run of the mill AoE class that is good for large raids but crap for most other things including M+

I’m not saying FC should be the be all and end all for holy priests but it’s become a fan favourite in shadowlands and I have never seen so many holy priests in the game like we have in 9.2. Most of them loving or being used to the FC build and play style.

I have never enjoyed playing priest as much as I have in its current state and having the ability to play this build again would be awesome in DF. Those that want that pure AoE build can still have that but give those that want a more single target focused build that FC option as a deep tier option doesn’t even have to be the full effect or maybe you need to spend 5 points or get the full 5 stack buff.

Hopefully blizz will reconsider FC and feature it somewhere in the tree as it’s clear there are a lot of people who want to see this.

3 Likes

The reason, as I see it, is just because Flash concentration is simply too powerful to not be a total mandatory pickup, and would once again just dominate the playstyle.

The only way for this not to happen is to nerf FC so significantly that it barely feels like Flash Concentration anymore, and in that case, why bring it back?

It’s design was very weird from the start in that it basically asked you to cast one spell 5 times in order to then cast that same spell as few times as possible, and eliminate most of the rest of your kit at the same time because the new spell you were casting is just more hp/mana than almost any other spell in the game. It made that spell so efficient, in fact, that it was so spammable, Flash Concentration outperformed Harmonius Apparatus at the exact thing it was supposed to do - converting holy word resets to HPS, because Heal was something you could spam, wheras Pom/CoH were not.

We should have strong single target healing. I don’t think anyone wants Holy priest to lose the ability to spot heal at all. They just don’t want power so heavily baked into one specific spell like FC forced.

Good news is that now we can take ToL with Renewed Faith, enlightenment and benediction, as well as LotN and Holy Oration/Apoth. That SHOULD be a decent chunk of single target heals, as-is. But honestly alpha needs group content to start doing tests in.

To emphasize, I know what you’re getting at - FC makes small group content feel great right now. But man is it bad for the spec overall, IMO. We need adjustments that allow our single target healing to feel good without it.

4 Likes

The only way for this not to happen is to nerf FC so significantly that it barely feels like Flash Concentration anymore, and in that case, why bring it back?

Thing is it doesn’t even need the healing boost to heal, it just needs the speedup so heal isn’t a dead spell. Flash heal being required to maintain flash concentration meant flash heal wasn’t a dead spell. Heal without any cast speed adjustments is a dead spell and this is why we want flash concentration. We need an option to spec for cleave heals or single target.

1 Like

Has there been any interaction with the priest dev?

lol what dev?

2 Likes

We kinda got it in the form of unwavering will.

I know it’s not as much (and the tooltip on unwavering will has changed twice now? So I don’t even know what number it’s actually at in the alpha), but it seems like they’re somewhat acknowledging that heal is too slow.

I also am aware that I could be wrong and there might be something to the playstyle inherently that people like: there might be players that genuinely enjoy keeping flash concentration up for heal to be buffed but I just don’t know any. I still just think it’s a little ridiculous in it’s current state and I’d rather see a bunch of aspects of holy buffed other than heal.