(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

sure im not oppsed to this either…i just find that there are people that are shadow priest players but tons of different ones…some like void some dont…some like mind sear some dont…that is why they should be choices in the talent tree…you want to have the old school shadow fantasy style without void…it should be an option thats why im throwing out some options for simple changes to spells that can appease everyone by talenting it or not

2 Likes

100 percent on the vampiric touch idea.

I am all gain for void eruption to change completely into a SPELL. Void bolt should be jsut removed.

Void eruption could even summon some tenticles that cast mind flay. Like the ideas for it are endless. Just no more FORM!.

3 Likes

Love this idea, I’d bump it to 25% Leech tbh. Give it a 3min CD, kind of like a Spriest Barrier.

4 Likes

my idea for void form would be like avatar is for warrior…boost to dmg (and in the priests case) haste…while active mindflay/mindspike (dependant on you talent choice) could be replaced by void bolt> for those that like spamming mindblast and bolt over and over. and for you how about a talent for improved shadow form dmg boost and (insert secondary here) and something else cool happens like resource generation or leech or something

1 Like

Archangel spell ideas…

• Archangel of Valor
    Summons the Archangel of Valor, increasing your groups movement speed and haste by 20% for 10 sec. 3 min cooldown. Each Archangel spell incurs a 30 sec cooldown to summon another.
  • Archangel of Wisdom
    Summons the Archangel of Wisdom, increasing your groups mana regen and reducing the cooldown on major mana regeneration abilities by 20% for 10 sec. 3 min cooldown. Each Archangel spell incurs a 30 sec cooldown to summon another.
  • Archangel of Hope
    Summons the Archangel of Hope, increasing your groups healing effects & reducing the cooldown on major healing abilities by 20% for 10 sec. 3 min cooldown. Each Archangel spell incurs a 30 sec cooldown to summon another.
  • Archangel of Fate
    Summons the Archangel of Fate, increases your groups chance to land a critical hit by 20% for 10 sec. 3 min cooldown. Each Archangel spell incurs a 30 sec cooldown to summon another.
  • Archangel of Death
    Summons the Archangel of Death, Your groups single target attacks will now cleave to 2 additional nearby targets for 10 sec. 3 min cooldown. Each Archangel spell incurs a 30 sec cooldown to summon another.

Can put 1 Archangel at the bottom of each Priest class tree leg…

But with | Fate |, it can be where Power Infusion is now.

Hope | Wisdom | Valor | Death

4 Likes

Vamp embrace should be better, I feel like it is core to the identity and it just feels bad right now. There were several generations of being good.

I used to love being able to heal groups with light damage by the shadow passive healing and then weaving out of shadow form to throw out the occasional pom or direct heal. Gives us a reason to actually take some of the healing spells…

I also loved we had the giant amount of built in leech. It meant I was able to heal myself through most mechanics, and sometimes even be greedier with standing in the bad. Just helped make shadow feel like it had a niche in the raid as well, I always felt like I was contributing.

And then when it was changed to an active cooldown, at first it felt like an actual cooldown. I still had that part of the priest identity. I had a reason to watch my groups health bars, and I actually was a raid cd on several fights. Why not give shadow more of our priest identity back? Heck, it could even move to the priest tree. Give healers the opportunity to do some healing via damage on a CD. Would synergize well with disc, and would be fun for holy when they are doing damage in M+.

2 Likes

i pretty much want that spell gone lol. But if it was a none form ability, i wouldn’t hate it as much. Just the fact that we are getting another form over shadow makes shadow less irrelevant to me.

1 Like

I agree for me i wouldnt be so opposed to priest being the least mobile class in the game if we got some of our tanky back…I feel like disc turned into the the thing i always envisioned shadow to be just instead of the healing being the highlight of the spec, for shadow it would be the damage

1 Like

maybe imp shadow form could just be a passive and you would have more sustain damage…would that feel better for you?

Shadowform is pretty much passive in it itself. I would prefer if it was given more opportunities to evolve. Not thrown aside for void form. the talent system could of been a great opportunity for this.

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t mind the lack of mobility with the tankiness, it felt like a fair trade off. And I liked being the person to soak all mechanics, between vamp and dispersion that was my job. Now if anything I take more damage than everyone else because of shadow word: death (which really needs to not do so much return damage. It killed me on a frequent basis, especially when I played shadowfiend prism)

And yeah, I liked being the damage dealer that could heal too. Just so fun to figure out different ways to use that and help the group.

2 Likes

i feel that but 2 things that i find problematic:
1 - some people like that playstyle so we should try to find solutions that appease most people if that is possible
2 - there was too much dev time and money devoted to the animations and spells that i dont find that throwing them away is something blizz would do

1 Like

I would argue that its playstyle is what lead SP to this toxic state. It further disconnects the spec from the priest class. Its just being its own thing while overshadowing Shadow form. No pun intended.

you won’t be able to bridge any spec to any direction. Is like what i said earlier.

Sit down and figure out what is a priest. Who are they, what can they do, and what should they become.

I say, keeping the void theme in this same state for another expansion in a row will just end up in again more fails. CHANGE alreayd.

1 Like

yeah you are not wrong im just looking for short term solutions as opposed to the long term overhual that is probably needed. so what im throwing down are options to appease people for this xpac…long term i think Aneurysm has some pretty good ideas worth looking into…i just dont think it is feasible to expect those kind of changes on a xpac that is going to release this year

i think now is the time for long-term changes. We have new blizz team who seem very capable. Sure it will be hard work, but it’s needed work! No more pushing back at this.

Maybe im wrong and it is doable i just really hate where the tree is in correlation to other classes trees (they are awesome imo)…if we can pressure for a rework im on board but having viable options and a talent tree that isnt bad like it currently is…is just something i was shooting for

• Harbinger of Death
    Your Devouring Plague damage over time has a 10% chance to cause your Shadow Word: Death to not incur any cooldown and cleave up to 2 additional targets for 5 sec. This effect cannot occur again for 30 sec.

• Anathema
    Your Mind Blast has a 15% chance to cause the target to deal damage as cleave to its nearby friendly targets for 5 sec.
    Note: This basically kind of acts like Mind Control mixed with Mind Games in that it will cause the target of your Mind Blast to now cleave its damage ONLY to its friendly targets… so in PvP the cleave will only harm your enemy and in PvE the cleave will only harm hostile NPCs

1 Like

Even Morgan Day keeps bringing up the “ever green” systems they want to develop - things that will last for a long time across multiple expansions. I think your right. The opportunity for major changes is ripe.

4 Likes

It’s not, if we’re being realistic.

What shadow needs is a SIGNIFICANT overhaul. This expansion is supposed to release this year. They’re not going to have the resources to do a whole bunch of new things. I could see minor reworks coming to shadow, or new talents that work off of assets they already have, but something major? Probably not happening till a patch or two into the expansion or the next one.

Shadow needed a significant overhaul in Shadowlands and didn’t receive it. If we’re not expected to receive a significant overhaul in Dragonflight, then how could we possibly expect the state of the spec to change?

2 Likes