(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

Would returning flay and by extension sear to a shorter channel help for you? They didnt always used to be so long of a spell

Wouldn’t change my gameplay. I spam Mind Flay to keep up with the global rotation cadence.

How long they are to channel doesn’t really affect this. You never fully channel them anyway.

If you want to be really pedantic, the longer the channel is the better, because the less chance you have to invest a global to reapply them only to have to do something immediately after (like spend a proc) and global lock yourself.

I was honsetly thinking of it only lasting 1 global, since as you said, you almost always end up canceling it, no more worring about ticks, cant do anything till the gcd is over anyway, sorry.

I completly understand what you and rye mean, just button bloat, ability to gcd lock yourself and spend .5 to 1 second not doing the thing you wanna do, Getting out multiple ticks in the 1 global i believe would make it feel less bad to play with proprocproc and 6ish short cd abilities you basicly right now in df going to get a tick maybe two out each flay

I think rye’s more speaking about how the point of any “filler” spell is to fill in the gaps where you have nothing better to do, therefor anything that makes you cast your filler less, by giving you better things to be doing, is going to be a good thing. Void bolt does that in Voidform.

As for interrupting mind flay feeling bad? Frankly I would love it if mind flay had no fixed duration and literally just channelled until broke from casting something else or I moved, I’ll gladly clip every single mind flay I ever cast short because they’re the same value per global and I don’t gain satisfaction from fully channelling the spell.

1 Like

Yeah Disc gets a great tree
Holy gets an ok tree
Shadow gets a trash tree…that is exactly the problem the tree was made for one spec.

1 Like

Mind spike would be a great talent choice for those who hate flay imo.

1 Like

Another idea I wouldn’t mind having is giving Mind Spike back baseline for Burst setup and it can be used in the WoD style of play while if you pick the Voidform style, Mind Spike turns into Void Bolt and now its still a button you always want to use regardless if your going the Void route or WoD route.

Its not elegant, but it can be a happy medium that I wouldn’t mind at all lol.

Edit:

or this lol

How about a talent where our reduced damage while in dipsersion is reduced to 50% but you can cast spells. would be a great talent choice for those that dont want to press dispersion and just sit there or have to cancel it early.

I think the class tree should have a talent that summons an angel to lift you up in the air to protect you from damage. Reduces 20-30% damage and you are out of range from melee attacks.

• Valkyries Grace
    Summons a Valkyrie to protect you from harm, reducing all damage by 20% and making you immune to spell interrupts for 8 sec. 2 min cooldown.

Choice

• Angels Favor
    Summons an Angel to lift you from danger, making you immune to physical attacks for 8 sec. The Angel will sacrifice itself to prevent your death and restore 30% of your health. 2 min cooldown.
1 Like

How about getting rid of shadowmend altogether since flash heal is baseline
How about geting rid of void eruption and just making void form a cd that increases the priest dmg and haste---- while active mindflay/mindspike is turned into void bolt

2 Likes

what i want to see for shadow.
Rework – top

revision of the class spec – the whole shadow prisim enforcement is not fun.
Remove having two get two points for dispersion… don’t want two points to make Vampiric Touch feel good due to the nerfs.
Why is mind sear not an optional node path?
I want most of our utility not smacked into our tree, period.
I want SP to be apart of the priest theme more – not its own thing with the void nonesence.
I don’t want to be forced to have to get voidform to do damage.
i want the tree to not feel stiff / restricted as i go down.

I want rework

2 Likes

How about a revert on vampiric embrace to a debuff on the targets…or just bake lifesteal into all shadow damage dealt while in shadow form…or even simply bake % dmg to health into each spriest dmging spell…you could easily build talents around increasing these amounts

2 Likes

since people hate mind sear and searing pain…you could change void eruption to a castable aoe that you can spam cast no cooldown…but does more damage to targets afflicted with touch and pain…cause the animation for eruption is cool af imo

2 Likes

A return to the WoD shadow priest?

I would personally enjoy VOid eruption if it was a hard-hitting spell or aoe. Not a form to go into. We have a shadow form for this, why replace it.

Void eruption can challenge DP as an insanity usage spell with a 1m cd. High single target dmg or aoe. this is a step forward in returning back to SHADOWFORM.

5 Likes

idont know if we really even need a resource outside of mana but im not opposed…im just tryin to shotgun ideas to help this situation case i dont like the current iteration of trees for priest especially shadow

1 Like

Well MoP and WoD were probably my favorite iterations of Shadow Priest so I’m all for it, even if it means a return of Shadow Orbs. I do not like Void at all. Corny to say, but it actively kills my interest in the spec.

4 Likes

I Think Void Eruption would work great as a talent for just an AOE spender version of Devouring Plague.

But it would have to become its own spell and decouple it from its Voidform Activation button and its Void Bolt transform button.
OR
Get rid of Void Bolt and instead Void Eruption is that instant cast ability spender that is only accessible if you get Voidform

As for Vampiric Embrace, it started out as a debuff you applied to the target, then it became a passive self buff that interacted with all out shadow spells. Then it became a cooldown.

I think it would be cool if it Vampiric Embrace got turned back into a self passive buff and San’layn was made into a button to press as a group Cooldown in that it causes everyone to have 10% leech, in addition the damage you deal heals your allies by X%.

4 Likes

Truer words never been spoken lol

3 Likes