(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

They had luminous barrier and it wasnt used outside lfr. Plus knowing when to put out your atonements is part of the skill in playing the spec.

Not sure on this hey. With twist of fate in there, which is much better for evang play style i dont see it as used unless there is a damage event that will wipe the raid. Also why SS when you have lights wrath and mind games.

I’m a little afraid of button bloat. As it is right now disc priest will keep off of their current buttons minus 2 coven abilities (I assume most people will spec PS, PI, barrier).

• At a baseline we are adding Flash Heal & POM.

• On the healing side you can pick up Renew, Holy Word: Life, Light’s Wrath.

• For damage you can pick up Mind Games, Schism, Shadow Covenant, Divine Star, Mind Games.

This easily adds 3-4 buttons if not more depending how you spec. I think Disc will end up with too many buttons, particularly if you go a more damage focused build. Personally I’d like to see fewer, more powerful buttons. Having too many cds can lead to convoluted game play and difficult keybinds.

21 Likes

I think Unwavering Will should include Penance to make it more attractive to Disc Priest and not just Holy as Disc does not have Heal.

16 Likes

100% agree. But then again, this is assuming numbers stay as they are right now. Also the tooltip and the tree suggests that it wouldnt replace rapture anymore, because why pick the talent if it’s replaced by another one? This opens up different possibilities.

My point is more in the lines of a different gameplay than ‘cover whole raid with fantastic bursts’ more like smaller covers and more frequent maybe. Who knows?

Cleric’s Armaments feels a little awkward while Improved Smite exist.

Cleric’s Armaments offers a conditional 10% damage buff for 1 point, while Improved Smite offers a 25% unconditional damage buff for 1 point. It feels weird to get less on a conditional talent.

17 Likes

I’ve got concerns about bloat for shadow as well

I liked the fact it was a all party cooldown. Wish they would do Barrier like that instead of a zone. Similar to Aura from Pally

Yes but no one but lfr heroes took it. It was bad and it needed to be bad

Improved Smite is the same improved smite you currently get from leveling. It’s part of your ‘baseline’ kit like most the Tier 1 talents.

Yeah it was. But I mean they should of made it apply its 25% to all the raid with a small shield. Instead of just removing the dmg reduction completly. I dont really like that barrier is a zoning cooldown. I dont mind when its the second one. Like Spirit totem. But Disc only has this one. They deserve a 3min raid cooldown

We have better, We have a 90 sec cd. Evang. With mindgames and lights wrath in raid AND all this xtra mana we will more mini bursts

It’s a lot of globals for that too. I wish shadow covenant was off the GCD. Would make all of that much more fluid.

I literally started a shadowpriest back in legion, because I was mind controlled in eye of the storm and was fascinated.

I hope I’m reading what they’re doing to mind control wrong or they’ll revert it back to its original state(why is it even a talent choice?)

Dominant mind is trash and has a 2 min. cooldown why would anyone ever take it even if it lets you use against players(which it should by default)it would still be trash with that cooldown.

I can see Dominant Mind being really useful in “difficult” 5 man content relative to your groups strength. I can see a situation where you can see a potential wipe coming because too many mobs got pulled and a particular dangerous mob will turn the tide if you can nullify its damage/spells/buff etc. for a little bit, even more so if you can benefit from what it does for a while.

I don’t see it being used on cooldown, only more so in an “oh crap” moments while allowing yourself still able to heal if your a healer or continue to burn down the other mobs if your a DPS.

MC has built-in design problems. Either you lose control of your character (terrible for healers), or you don’t lose control of your character (OP for DPS). Edit: or option 3, you disconnect, or option 4, the MC is almost already over by the time the new GUI frame loads in.

1 Like

I understand quite well the “issues” Mind Control has and have had since its inception.
But I was making a point about the Dominant Mind talent being useful.

Why are we talking about Mind Control?

I thought that the thread was for Dragonflight Talent Tree feedback, not Dominant Mind feedback?

I got notified that you responded to my post and I assumed you were commenting about me talking about Dominate Mind.

If you are making it a general comment, then I apologize for the confusion by my statement.

Can Idol of Yogg-Saron and Idol of Y’Shaarj be flipped? Having Yog on the other side away from the auspicious spirt talents is wonky/ doesn’t feel good. You lose all the spirt talents and must take single target talents to get to the AOE talent :confused:

General feedback:

• I disliked how busy shadow felt during CDs in shadowlands, and particularly disliked the number of CDs the spec juggled. Void Eruption and PI being on different cooldowns will never not feel awful, and I very much disliked needing to hold voidform uses for PI’s cooldown. I’d much prefer to just have the haste baked into voidform.

• I dislike the reliance on cooldowns for shadow. Historically, the spec was more about consistent damage. I’m fine with having some, as burst is necessary and often the stronger option of the two, but it felt very wrong to be juggling so many in Shadowlands, especially when compared to BfA and Legion’s variation of the spec.

Shadow specific tree:

1. Vampiric Embrace, San’layn, and Hallucinations are far too steep of an investment in utility. Will never be taken

2. Idol of Yogg being on the right side feels overly restrictive for a shadowy apparitions build, seeing as how most of those talents are on the left. Would like to see Yogg and Y’Shaarj change places.

3. Mental Fortitude feels out of place. It’s a purely utility (defensive) talent, but it is required to select DPS talents deep in the tree. With how bloated our third tier is, I feel like dropping two points on this feels bad. FWIW I loved this trait back in legion, but not when it directly competes with throughput. Maybe combine it with Sanguine Teachings?

4. Similarly, Sanguine Teachings feels overly restrictive. 15% VT and DP damage while shielded is cool and all, but the mental fortitude shield will only last so long in more challenging content. It also feels like a massive investment, as it costs three points.

5. Void Apparitions is too weak, especially for a final talent in the tree. Doubly so, given how restrictive shadow’s T3 talent are: there’s not much room for flexibility, so a flimsy apparition damage increase will not work here. Moreover, Auspicious Spirits and (possibly) Unleash the Shadows will result in larger Apparition damage increases, while also being more accessible talents.

6. Idol of N’zoth looks like it could be a ton of fun with a left-side, m+ focused build. Very much hoping stacks continue to go off even after mob death, else we could find ourselves with too much ramp-up for too little payoff, which is an issue shadow frequently encountered in the past.

7. Searing Nightmare is my least favorite shadow ability, ever. It single-handedly is the reason I chose not to main this character as shadow this expansion. I like raiding and then spamming M+ with friends, and I found M+ very much exhausting as shadow during Shadowlands. Searing nightmare is overly restrictive and a harsh divergence from how the spec historically dealt damage in AoE scenarios. I’m all for a build that reduces our ramp, but SN isn’t it. I much preferred when our damage comes from multidotting and apparitions.

• I love seeing a lot of the synergy with apparition/cleave/multi-dot builds. Monomania is cool, and I like its synergy with some of the other talents. Vampiric Insight also looks fun to me.

• Would love to see a cleave/M+ build focusing on the damage provided by ghosts, dots, psychic link, and either Nzoth or Yogg idol. It could be a really fun time, and there’s excellent interactions in the tree to support this if the tuning is strong enough.

Priest specific tree:

1. I love seeing Mindgames return, as it was by far my favorite covenant ability.

2. PI and Twins will essentially be baseline. I’m personally fine with this (aside from the cooldown sync issues with VF).

3. Mindbender and Shadowflame Prism are essentially baseline and will be a component of every shadow build. I’m unsure if I like this, but it does add flexibility for cleaving, I guess. Shadowfiend has always felt like an awful CD as well, so essentially replacing it with bender is an improvement.

3 Likes