(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

So thinking about the idols for shadow, I figured that as much as I just want them to never exist, I would at least attempt to make them a decent choice.

So the reason idol of Y’Shaarj is the best implementation of all the idols is because it gets instant benefit and does not rely on random chance procs.

So with the other idols, they can retain the unique feature they already have, but just add a passive bonus effect to what we already have. This would enhance and focus play style choice.

Here are my ideas…

• C’Thun
    Any Mind Flay / Mind Sear enhancing talent should apply to C’Thun procs.

• Yogg-Saron
    Spirits should deal AOE damage to all targets within X range.

• N’Zoth
    Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain deal AOE damage to all targets within X range.

These changes are both simple and not that exciting, but they allow instant benefit and focus your priority into certain spells.

The passive bonus to what we already do can change as needed, but the idea is to not feel like a wasted point when the procs happen when you least need them.

1 Like

I’m sorry devs but, Divine Aegis is just very weak.

Why do you nerf something from 30% to 10% when it was so inconsequential even at 30%?

It’s not even 3% OF OVERALL HEALING. It’s wasted talent points at this point. You might as well remove it.

Oh and for reference, in Wrath, DA only accounts for 6% of overall healing. Quit being scared and put it back to 30% or give us something better.

3 Likes

Well it stacks obviously. So lightswrath, mind games, harsh Discpline all can skew it out of wack. It needed to be brought back especially when applied to a 20 man raid all at once which it wasnt back in the day.

That aside.

Anyone else having the fun of trying to set up their healing adds ons, mouseovers etc. Quite enjoyable tho messy

I’m curious to see future logs of Holy Priests doing the new Prayer of Healing build in raid.

I myself am not coming back fully until Dragonflight hits though. I didn’t play S4 and don’t really want to feel obligated to log on for the next couple of weeks when I can chill out on the beta or WOTLK classic.

1 Like

Don’t have beta access but the Twitter hashtag is now a priest tradition with every unfinished rework.

2 Likes

Not able to apply ‘lightspawn’ glyph to shadowfiend. The game says it’s not allowed in my specialization.

Using the +2 jumps to prayer of mending does not increase the max stack size of prayer of mending. So if you PoM the same target twice it goes from 7->10. Seems like it should allow stacking to 14 with this talent.

1 Like

I feel like shadow is still the worst one off from all 3 specs.

Even with the new talent tree, I don’t feel like I can do much with it pvp wise and I’m forced to take things I don’t want.

Shadow might be strong but that’s irrelevant to me at this point if the core design sucks

Kill be testing all 3 specs soon on prepatch. But so far I’m digging holy and the power word mending build in pvp

1 Like

I’m pretty much forced to take Mind Spike and/or Dark Ascension/Void Eruption just to access the right side of the tree and Auspicious Spirits/Tormented Spirits. I really hate this.

Mind Spike feels awful to use. It adds more button bloat, makes Mind Flay feel useless, makes game play feel more whack-a-mole like with Surge of Darkness, makes Mind Blast feel awkward to cast with the reduced cast time from Mind Melt, and eats up Coalescing Shadows.

Dark Ascension doesn’t make sense when a lot of our damage comes from periodic sources. Void Eruption and Void Form feel much weaker than they used to be. They benefit less from Ancient Madness than Dark Ascension, but you are required to take it if you want Auspicious Spirits/Tormented Spirits.

Mind Games and Divine Star/Halo don’t feel good to press. They are just contributing to the button bloat problem. None of them contribute significantly to my overall damage. They should do something that enhances Shadow game play such as rewarding insanity or empowering other abilities. I really enjoy Mind Flay: Insanity. The general idea of having an insanity spender briefly empower other abilities is very satisfying.

4 Likes

I enjoyed MF: I more than I thought I would. It’s one of the few things that has some feeling of a rewarding gameplay loop. I agree with the rest.

3 Likes

I’ve been log analyzing and noticed some interesting things.

Holy Priests:

• Holy Priests are now only 10-15% less dps than Disc for raid damage if they take Empyreal Blaze. This is a huge change as it used to be about 40-50%.
  • Prayer of Mending is a much bigger portion of a Priests overall healing now.
  • Halo actually seems to be putting out good healing and damage numbers.
  • Divine Word Sanctuary is only about 5% of their total healing.

No Prayer of Healing spam logs yet though.

With Flash Concentration still in the game, you won’t be getting an accurate representation of PoH spam builds vs other builds though. It’s almost certainly going to be worse until Flash concentration is a legacy item and deactivated.

Whats bad about shadow pvp?

Granted i dont play spriest but am considering it as my main alt in DF but to me it looks to have a lot of improvements on the SL version.

• Can now heal without it breaking shadow form…flash heal and renew in particular. This also opens up spamming flash heal when get kicked on shadow.

• Better mobility with Angelic Feathers and Body and Soul legitimate talent options. Fade can now also be used to remove snares.

• Lifeswap now a normal talent not taking up a precious pvp talent slot

• Seemingly more instant cast damage with Mind Blast and Mind Spike procs. Havent tested but maybe even SW Death.

• Mind Games is a 45 sec CD but reduced by certain abilities so will be a very short CD

This is probably getting sniped. And frankly, I don’t expect that to ever change.

It will probably be good with healing comps that let it do it’s thing but those will probably be few and far between.

im talking about talent choices.
There is not much to choose from. I am pretty much force to take things i don’t want etc. just bad designed tree.

1 Like

Sounds like every shadow priest talent tree over the last 15 years.

2 Likes

It’s interesting for me data-wise because I was expecting there’d be more oomf out of it, especially on a one minute cd. Only being 5% with massive overhealing is kind of smol.

Well I thought raiders had their own path that didn’t include Divine Aegis? If that’s not the case, then they need to give raiders their own specific path through the tree that doesn’t include DA.

10% is weak for M+ …though I will say that I’m 40% mastery and 20% crit…maybe I need more crit? But at what cost?

Mastery seems like it would pre-empt crit in pursuit of maximizing DA procs.

Not going to lie - disc feels awfully weak. Too many buttons - and all feel underpowered (except penance)

4 Likes

why would raiders not using something that strong? when you apply 16 atonments proccing DA’s even at the 20% is a considerable amount of hps.

It’s much much stronger now than base Slands that’s for sure.