Best Community Leaders and Players? ....and go!

the general issue with most of those examples is they are b and c tier titles at best. the mmorpg genre is full of grifters who put out :poop: games seeking to cash in on revenues people perceive wow to generate. hence my joke about no other mmorpgs. the only closest would be FF, but the combat is boring and my impression of the game is that role play and socialization are the main activities, making it more like second life with occasional combat and lots of story. lots, and lots, and lots of story.

Eso is an A tier title for Cyrodiil alone. But i agree that most mmorpgs are a complete meme. Swtor was solid for a long time but its currently on its last legs and being sold to the graveyard company that hosts DAOC servers. Mmorpg old folks home.

i fully disagree. i loved morrowind and skyrim, i even quit wow to play skyrim, but i was done with ESO by level 11. not only was it not the same feel, but they started the whole game off wrong with pay to win rewards. i tried it again recently during bfa i think and still found the game boring.

The gameplay is jarring if you expect the other games, but cryodiil is its own beast. Completely different

He is talking about the map and scale of the map itself. It is a very impressive setting for world PvP. It’s a shame that ESO combat mechanics and animations were too simplistic and clunky for the game to take hold.

1 Like

Rift pvp was fun! I loved it.

1 Like

It’s sad that you honestly think you are correct here.

There is an MMO that was a true WoW clone that I used to play back in the day that had some pretty epic battles called Allods online. It quickly turned into a pay-to-win cash shop. It was a shame because they had some pretty epic PvP. Think Space Pirates. Your guild could get these flying ships, board other guilds ships and take their stuff. Basically you would need an Astral Ship to go and raid, and all the loot from your raid would be stored on your ship until you returned. But on PvP realms, other ships could raid your ship.

The game had a lot of potential, but it became just another cash shop one.

Russian game, IIRC. Those and asian market games are pretty much always going to end up as P2W games.

You had some videos of i wanna say warhammer that made it look excellent for larger scale. But idk if it was a game that actually scaled up

Yeah, it was mostly world pvp. It had wow-style “battlegrounds” but almost everything I did was world pvp. Warhammer had huge battles, but the game performance really tanked during large battles. :frowning:

1 Like

I give them a pass as nothing that affects gameplay is locked behind the paywall. That is to say iits all earnable in game. So its pay to save time. Similar to swtor. Outside of subscribing for inventory space lol. So inconvenient. Coming from wow though a subscription didnt matter to me.

I dont have time to Elabourate as im at work, but ill defend the game mode when i get home. As oozo picked up on, im specifically defending the game mode of Cyrodiil. I think eso got an overwhelming number of things right only to be shot in the foot by its clunky game engine and just tone deaf stuff.

Cyrodiil itself is a masterpiece. It does a lot of the things you have talked about enjoying epic bgs, better.

Like you mentioned flanking maneuvers, and reading the map. That is the name of the game in cyrodiil. Especially since its 3 factions.

Theres nothing like watching red break down blues outer defenses, and breech the keep then swarming in as yellow to route the red and clean up the stragglers of blue to steal the keep from under them. Nothing like it.

Or when defending a keep, having a group of rogues sneak out the rear exit to circle around and set up flanking catapults to reign chaos down on the battering rams and stacked seigers.

Its basically wintergrasp done better. But on a truely massicve scale, with side events akin to old alterac or what they promised ashran would be.

This includes controling the map and environment, like going behind a raiding team and destroying the bridge they crossed to cut off their supply of reinforcements.

Again id love to elaborate further but Cyrodiil specifically to say nothing of the game overall is a masterpiece.

Im saying this as someone who has earned the Emperor title, which is leaderboard #1 combined with simultaneous Map domination. Harder than it sounds, because not only are you fighting two hostile factions but also internal politics from your own faction. You cant dominate the map if other players for your side wont show up to defend nodes. but not exactly bragging rights. Emperor changes hands daily. I only held my throne for 30hrs. Usurped the minute i went to bed lol.

I absolutely love Cyrodiil and wish Wow could capture even a fraction of it.

2 Likes

Thats what i feared. Unfortunate. You made that game look insanely fun

its foolish to think pvp in any game will ever be super balanced .

some do and some dont

this is only in asia regions not na sadly no 300 ppl vs 300 ppl wars yet for na

I don’t?

lul i never said you did specifically if i was going to say “YOU” did i would have said so lord . Its common sense to read it as a in general statement . Didnt think i had to spell it out for you .

A bit rude aren’t we? Your comment, general or not, was just unnecessary. So pardon my confusion.

Between the two of us, I gave solid reasoning and reasons for my factual opinion that is solid fact that I have proven very easily whereas you have given an incorrect and misguided statement. I am open minded. Let’s have an honest discussion so please prove me wrong. How is premade epics not the highest form of PvP content Theodore? I am listening with both of my ears and my hands are cupping them.

Edit: I hasten to add that my hands are cupping them on the back side and it is not to be confused with covering them like I am not listening. My palms are out. So if I was looking at you, you would see my palms.