Besides possibly Genn, who deserves to land the killing blow on Sylvanas?

Wowwiki .com…
Cheers!

so you literally can’t pick your own “best” examples of your argument…

Dungeon boss or one during the first raid tier

Sure probably. But on the other hand I can’t help but wonder if Calia Menethil was being set up as a Forsaken leader, via the Christie Golden novel. Since that fell decidedly flat with the Forsaken fanbase, it wouldn’t be out of character for Blizzard to make a sudden swerve to ‘safety’ by tapping a popular and well known character for the role.

Yeah lets replace sylvanas with another war criminal so we can have bfa 2 in the future

You seem to be operating off the belief that BfA 2 requires logical progression from the current plot. That’s not how Blizzard writes their content.

2 Likes

Sylvanas was logical, so far everything was logical, with sylvanas and nathanos gone, blizzard has literally ran out of past conflicts now, either something completely new reignites the war, or genn or tyrande do it.

if you leave nathanos it doesnt matter he is literally war criminal, horde once again isnt justified and the alliance is. its basic stuff

1 Like

Everything was logical? Lets hear the logical justification for Sylvanas’ plan? No tricks, no traps, I’m not going to critique or dispute your reasoning for thinking Sylvanas and everything else was logical. I just don’t want to present you with explanation about retconning if your belief is that BfA is logically written.

1 Like

It is she does everything for power, theres no retcon in that, even if the jailer didnt exist, she tells you in BTS that she wants to raise ALL of stormwind, she talks about how the orcs are useful tools right after she whines about being the warchief. Everything in bfa was to gain more power and she did that lol, she is been trying to do that since cata, blizzard spells it out, she wants to avoid death, which evolved to mastering it.

2 Likes

That’s okay, we don’t need to discuss retcons. What you have presented is a scenario where a character had a flaw and a theme, power hunger and death, and then Blizzard wrote a new character, the Jailer, to capitalize on that flaw and that theme to ‘logically’ turn an existing character into an expansion villain.

This could have been just as easily done with Anduin and a light themed monster. Lets say Anduin’s flaw is that he forgives too easily. We invent a light themed villain, “The Redeemer” who Anduin discovers has been imprisoned for 10,000 years for the crimes he committed. This villain is really sorry, Anduin forgives him, frees him, and is immediately corrupted or controlled into becoming the villain.

The only way to avoid the exact situation you’re describing is to have no characters, or characters with no flaws.

And as for retcons, all consistency between BtS and BfA shows is that any retcon had to occur in the story before BtS. Since BtS was written and published immediately before BfA this is a very weak argument. You’re going to want to find an example of Sylvanas being power hungry and maniacal that significantly predates BfA if you want a strong argument.

1 Like

The light doesnt work that way, kek, but dont worry the light being evil is coming you just have to wait, but anduin isnt about the light he is about peace, he always worked to peace, he invited the void elves to the alliance, sorry but anduin isnt a light zealot so it wouldnt work. Blizzard literally didnt need to write the jailer for sylvanas to be a villian thats just insane sylvanas has always been evil and a villian she didnt need to turn into the jailer, if they had a nzoth xpac instead of shadowlands and just killed off sylvanas in 8.3 no one who actually been following this story would bat a eye.

2 Likes

The light works however the writers want it to work pumpkin. And you’ve missed the entire point.

The writers can write the story of Warcraft however they want. They are not beholden to what you, or I, think is logical.

2 Likes

The writers have been building up sylvanas for years, and they been building up the light just the same, sorry but there isnt any retcons hun, sylvanas had two paths, that most people saw, and she took the one you didnt want her to take, boo hoo, you should have saw the possibility

1 Like

Like I said, we’re not even discussing retcons so I’m not sure why you’re obsessively sticking to this. If you’re trying to win an argument you had, and probably lost, with another poster, I’d suggest moving on. Otherwise, give my posts a read this time, see if you can say something relevant.

If theres no retcons theres nothing to complain about blizzard is naturally progressing sylvanas story how it shown be, she isnt gonna be in the shadows forever, sorry sylvanas being a sneak sneak and blighting stuff without the rest of the horde doign something about it, is not compelling.

1 Like

That’s laughable. The original topic was of course Forsaken leadership following Sylvanas’ demise and your claim that Nathanos would have to logically lead to BfA2. So retcons aren’t even relevant to your complaint.

Just because they took a few years to throw in a bare few hooks does not make it a “good” story. We’ve seen the developers try to romanticize the superiority if a strict deadline like a lifespan with superior results, but ignore obvious consequences or “rushing.”

As for the thread’s topic, I think Tyrande should simply because I expect the simpletons writing the story would default to Genn because writing a human (let’s face it, Genn runs around in human form because its easier to write than a dapper werewolf) father’s loss of a son is stupid easy to write. I do not think that a simple effort should be rewarded, as well that the Gilneasn’s have not suffered an Auschwitz-type extermination like the nelves have.

2 Likes

Well he would, nathanos is sylvanas’s loyal dog. why would he continue her vision he is even in love with her.

They havent even mentioned genn in shadowlands

Only if the writers choose to have him start the next war. When the writers choose to have a next war it doesn’t matter who is leading because they will write it so that it happens.

This is why your complaint about Nathanos is groundless, it’s based on just not understanding that Blizzard first decide there will be a war, then they decide how to justify it.

3 Likes