Benthic gear is too OP for Mythic Raiding

Not trying to nerf or remove gear obtained outside of raiding? Great!

We have no quarrel. Each person can decide on the content they want to enjoy.

I’m doing the big easy mana pearl quests and hoping they’re nerfing it. Otherwise, most people in my raid already have their 425 pieces because they are more committed than I am to doing whatever is necessary.

Yep. Example of what I want: Benthic gear is either disabled in raid, or they go to stat templates for raids. Stat templates weren’t a bad idea for pvp. Their utilization of them is what made them suck. They never tuned things properly and there were still blatantly OP combos/classes.

Yeah i burned 80 pearls to get the upgraded boots on my rogue. If it pans out then i will level it up. I am in the wait and see group. Doesnt bother me either way tho.

Azerite or talents could play a role, so true that’s not the best comparison on my part.

I just ran a sim of myself with the Benthic pieces swapped out for the pieces my buddy has in those slots, compared to a sim of myself wearing the benthic gear, to remove variables and the difference is 1.5k - keep in mind that my Benthic gear is 400, 405 and 415 whereas the pieces I swapped them out for are 410, 415 and 420.

I can’t tell you what anyone else is saying, I can only confirm what I saw on the cards in the game, and what the blue poster said.

Basically, the yellow cards I saw had lost about half their passive stat value, and my red card’s haste proc was up to 1200 haste compared to the… 300ish? it had been when I first got the trinket.

So you do want to nerf Benthic gear after all. I would say that Blizzard should review Benthic gear performance in Mechigon and Eternal Palace. If it turns out too OP, then it should be tuned. Actually this should be done with any gear.

Alright, well that seems a bit more in line, a 3k dps spike is alot more than the small percentages people were saying they were outsimming raid gear with. Especially if you factor in there’s probably some variance in each dps run. 1.5k seems more in line, especially if there’s a 500-600 dps variance between runs, based on proccs, crit chances, ect. I don’t think it’s much of a stretch if people are pulling over greater than 25k dps that there’s probably a few hundred points of variance between checks.

I still have the dumb optimization red card, cause I can’t get anything else… Zzzz…

That’s a fair exchange then, but not what I was told yesterday when we were trying to find answers why our items were nerfed without warning.

I want benthic gear to benefit the content it comes from and literally nothing else, so I don’t have to participate in that content and I want that choice to have no impact on me or my goals.

My goals have nothing to do with overworld. I don’t care about taking out overworld rares faster. I don’t care about completing WQs faster. I don’t care about overworld at all. Why should I have to do overworld because I want to raid as effectively as possible?

“It should be tuned!” Is dumb. Blizzard tunes things MAYBE once… if at all… most times they don’t balance jack and they leave it in shambles because they just don’t care. They will do the same with benthic.

The way simcraft works is it runs hundreds of simulations and then averages them, in order to smooth out those smaller variances between runs.

1.5k is definitely less nuts than 3k, but imo it’s still a significant dps gain for pieces that are somewhat significantly lower ilvl - and I’m not sold on the “ilvl is king” mentality as a blanket mandate, but this is an unusually large disparity.

I haven’t stepped foot in Naj or Mech since Day 2 because I’m tired of these crappy devs and their hair-brained schemes which seem driven by a desire to throw loot at people in the hope they won’t unsub.

2 Likes

Well the reason people probably believe it is, is because Blizzard specifically said that was their model for BFA, and constantly have been saying things along the lines of 'If you get an item level upgrade, it should be a full upgrade, not a downgrade or a side grade"

Yeah, which is what makes these Benthic pieces so odd.

I still don’t like the idea of nerfing their overall power, because they are a little out, because my benthic gear does not feel overpowered in the overworld. :-\

I suggested before if it was such a big deal for people, to remove the 'And the Eternal Palace" from the equipment bonuses.

But, I really would not like having spent time energy and resources into what Bilzzard told Us was an alternative gearing method, and them just nerf the items into oblivion because Mythic raiders got upset, that’d just feel really bad.

1 Like

The whole xpac has been odd, gear wise.

We all know how bad it is but its just one broken system after the next.

They really need to simply it. Wish they woulx brkng back tier sets…

1 Like

They’ve been saying that ever since they introduced RNG forging, removed specific tank stats, and replaced hit stats with things like multistrike and versatility. They’ve also literally never been successful with this strategy, because different specs want different things. The closest they’ve ever come is with random massive titanforges, but even then replacing a crit/haste item with a “better” vers/mast item feels like absolute garbage and I hate it every time it happens.

And somehow that’s still better than the alternative, because if they ever are successful with this venture then there will no longer be any reason whatsoever to be invested in equipping your character.

They realized people were unhappy with AZ gear, and they had an opportunity to actually fix it (by just removing it or refusing to raise neck level caps and letting it become something irrelevant for the rest of the xpac) BUT this is blizzard we’re talking about here. No way are they going to just completely abandon an idea, regardless of how bad it is. They’re too prideful, and the reason they even invented a retarded system like AP in the first place isn’t something they can get rid of. That would be counter intuitive to a never ending grind with no plateaus and a perpetual carrot on a stick to pad their /played metrics.

1 Like

That runs counter to my goals. I want to be able to min-max my gear from all content, Mythic +, WQ, weekly emissaries, Auction house items, PVP, crafted gear.

You want to remove what I want just to fill your needs.

Once again, concentrate on what you enjoy in the game and leave others to enjoy what the like.

1 Like

Beg to differ. You can get the best ilvl gear possible and then continue to focus on perfecting your stats. While it might not alter performance, the FEEL of playing a haste stacked character versus a vers stacked character would be entirely different IMO, and still worth chasing.