Benched for choosing the wrong covenant

Pretty much need to accept that most groups on the first week or two of raiding are going to be super anal about their rosters. Better off finding a more casual guild/group or making one if you’re into that.

1 Like

I really wonder if this is more because the people that play Sub Rogues and Survival Hunters, picking for personal fun instead of efficiency, just aren’t the type of people that want to do Mythic.

I only go to Heroic. That’s “winning” for me. You can’t say playing this way is wrong. I would probably be more inclined towards roleplaying an accountant if I did care about going into Mythic.

Edit:

Correlation =/= causation and I’d be curious whether they didn’t complete Mythic because they were incapable or they just didn’t care to.

There’s 1 that’s Necrolord. And parse grey.

The other 3 are Kyrian.

Pull the damn ripcord already !!! We knew this was going to happen.

sounds to me like you need to find a better guild, cuz they sound sweaty and tryhard AF. there are plenty of guilds, even mythic progression guilds that don’t REQUIRE your absolute BIS covenants, my guild only requires you to be one of your top 2 covenants for the mythic team (cuz second best is usually PREEETY close) and has absolutely no covenant restrictions for the heroic team.

Your right, its Necrolord haha. My fault!

It’s getting pulled in 9.1 we have to wait for the casuals to come to terms with the gravity and consequences of their poor covenant choices.

Currently they are in stage 1: Denial, talking about how “oh it’s just 1% I’ll be fine”.

Granted I did roll ven survival hunter and went purple but I’m completing vs a limited pool haha

You are perfectly capable of creating your own group. I believe in you!

1 Like

Like i’m not trying to be a dick. As long as you guys have fun its all swell but i’d be guildless right now if i did that.

What’s mystifying to me is why they don’t have the foresight to buff the things that obviously don’t synergize with a spec, or just hot fix some of the numbers for weaker abilities.

That and Ion needs to overcome his Ego and realize that they can’t balance this S**H

1 Like

Then you are in the wrong guild my friend.
We have been raiding together since the start of Wrath.
How about your guild?

1 Like

There are so many damage modifiers in the game; one seemingly small fix could have a cascade of unintended consequences. I agree it shouldn’t be that hard though. I think they need to cut out some extra stuff.

I met them during Classic so about a year and a half.

No, because your point wasn’t about a player’s general ability. It was about hard choices, like assuming I’d pick a “bad” legendary because I picked a non-optimal covenant. Picking a different covenant has absolutely zero insight into a player’s general ability, at all. Nor does it follow picking a sub-optimal covenant means the player will make every other bad choice you assumed in your original post.

Actually, I’d like to posit the contrary: picking the “optimal” covenant does not mean that the player makes every optimal choice and plays at peak efficiency.

Honestly, I’m not even sure how a player’s efficiency can be put into the same category as a covenant choice. They are totally different subjects.

The irony that was people like Ralph on these forums for nearly a year saying that mythic raiders were the ones that would create this problem. When mythic raiders knew it wouldn’t be us but the heroic level players who would create this hell for themselves.

1 Like

Find a new guild, your DPS will be fine.

Players can make every choice by the book and still play their class badly.

People say that as if joining and integrating a new group of people is the most fun thing to do.

I’ll take being a fairy over going through that again.