Bellular nailed it

Youtube commentators tend to usually state opinions which will get more money and more views.

This is like football commentators sick of talking anout Antonio Brown but spending almost every segment and video talking about him.

I do want to say get bent to whoever reported my OP as spam. If you don’t like something, that’s fine. Leave a response why or some argument against it.

Really though. Spam? Whoever did that is an idiot and troll.

5 Likes

I think he went down this path because it was similar to the Mage Tower which was a big hit.

Altering the level/rate of power level rewards can be tricky; with cosmetics, you still reward a lot of people but don’t throw the game out of “balance”.

A lot of people love M+, the problem is that they give mythic raid level gear which forces raiders to have to run weekly keys even if they don’t like doing it. If something is great, people will do it because it’s fun. Don’t make it a required weekly chore for those who don’t like it.

3 Likes

Because running the same dungeons over and over throughout the expansion is just so much content, M+ should never give mythic raid tier loot 5 man content should never compare to raid content in rewards.

You’re not wrong about raiders having to do M+. I mean what’s the point of raiding if you get equilivent level gear from M+ (or even better)?

M+ to me has always seemed like a way for Blizzard to stretch out content, and also cut costs by not having to make more content to support the expansion. They just don’t seem to take into account that it burns out the players on the same crap over and over and leads to sub loss.

It almost feels like their plan is;
-Release Expac
-Gouge the players for as much as possible from micro transactions as possible
-Artificially stretch out the content while cutting costs
-When subs get low enough announce a new expac
-Repeat Cycle.

The only problem is that the subs that leave are only coming back for a short while or leave for good. This model is very damaging to the player base and eventually if they don’t change it to be more player focused, there won’t be any left.

2 Likes

What? Raiding not being the only gear path does not make raiding irrelevant.

M+ is one of the best features they have added. It exists because dungeons have always been popular/ a core feature and instead of abandoning them once the raid releases we can continue to run them for relevant rewards.

They have added seasonal affixes and are experimenting with changes to keep them from getting stale.

Micro transactions? Don’t want stuff, don’t buy it. Half of it you can buy with gold now.

They announce a new xpac every 2ish years. They always have, it has nothing to do with subs…

Watched the entire thing. Can’t really disagree with any of it, he’s one of the more measured voices for this game.

2 Likes

I think the majority of the problem lies in the automatic item level boost gotten my the end of week chest. It used to have a fair equivalent with follower missions giving you stuff that is one step higher then the content you where doing. Sadly we do not have that now the warfront gear is static and does not improve to meet the player’s last challenge like the follower missions did.

The chest makes the current system un-fair. If they simply offered it to people who completed the last boss of the raid as well as mythic plus it would become a far more balanced system where raiders wouldn’t feel the need to join mythic plus.

Yes I totally want to raid when I can get the same gear from 5 man content I can steamroll to gear cap, lets be real +10’s are not nearly as hard as mythic eternal palace. raiding should give the best gear in the game and I know a few people that quit because M+ ruined gear progression for them

1 Like

he makes excellent points. his videos are well made and easy to follow. and i cannot stand to watch a single second of him speaking.

why is it that nobody just writes an article that i can read in a few seconds anymore? why do i have to sit through fifteen minutes of some gomer faking a brit accent, or a brit with a legit brit accent, just to get some info i could have read in text form in 1/100th of the time? why is it that “has a british accent” is the go-to qualifier for every youtuber commentator ever?

i should start a youtube channel and do wow commentary with the most southern hillbilly drawl i can find. i could probably get some of my cousins to do the voice, as that’s their natural way of speaking.

People on the forums hate youtubers and streamers. I mean I can see some of the streamers and tubers getting their hate but Bellular seems like an alright content creater.

1 Like

10s give heroic gear. Raiding already does give the best gear in the game… the weapons, trinkets, and azerite in addition to the higher base level drops.

Why make things up?

The weekly chest is a thing that is the problem. also a 5 man shouldn’t give heroic raid gear either

1 Like

I agree with most of his points. I’m not sure why this was flagged.

1 Like

Some idiots get off on being a douche. That and there are many, many Blizzard “White Knights” on the forums who do everything they can to silence any who disagree with the raging trash fire that BFA has become.

The sound quality has improved dramatically lol. I remember his videos that had that, but they’ve been fixed for a while now.

People Flag posts because they don’t like the first letter of your name now a days.

OMG he spelled something wrong, He said something I didn’t agree with or worst of all he tried to make me laugh!! The Horror!! :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: !!!

2 Likes

I don’t understand why people are flagging this but w/e. I agree with the majority of what he’s saying. A lot of it is just common sense too. Blizz should hire him as a contractor to be their common sense guy for a month or so.

2 Likes

I really hate that guy though and since he doesn’t appear to have much original thought, I am going to pass on giving him a view.