Bellular nailed it

I can’t upvote this video enough. Bellular laid out all of the things going right, and wrong with BFA. He also very coherently laid out what changes Blizzard really, should make to the game for Shadowlands, including topics like PVP Vendors, Pathfinder, World Quests, Gearing, Reputations, and Essences.

I’m linking this in the hopes that the devs take a few minutes and watch this spectacular video. I know that Bellular has haters, and no matter how logical, and well thought out that his arguments are, well, they’re gonna hate. But if you have any any agreement with this video, please keep the topic going, show some love, and we can all hope and pray that Blizzard takes notes.

205 Likes

There are Bellular haters? Weird.
I don’t always agree with him but his positions are always well thought out and delivered in a reasonable way.
You can’t please everyone I guess.

90 Likes

I just finished watching his latest video as well.

Spot on.

Everything he laid out on the various game features was just spot on.

50 Likes

This thread is jundai approved

21 Likes

he makes some Persuasive arguments…
A lot of it was spot on in my opinion

22 Likes

I cant watch the dudes vids. Its always him talking to a camera and his emotions are so robotic and forced its hard to focus on what he is talking about.

20 Likes

Funny I know exactly what you mean. His vids are better played in the background. Otherwise I keep looking at the strange robotic scripted mannerisms he does to the camera like you mentioned.

7 Likes

He is capable of making good arguments, but they would stand out a lot more if his cadence didn’t resemble tabloid spam, his video quality didn’t suffer as a result of it, and if he was able to go more than a few minutes without mentioning that he is “also a game dev.”

Still, when he’s right, he’s right. He just needs to market himself a bit better.

13 Likes

Gotta love his hilarious ad placement in every video too

13 Likes

You, too, can learn where best to put ads in your videos with this link from today’s sponsor, SkillShare!

24 Likes

He’s also just a you tube gaming reporter who doesnt even know how to game anymore.

Talks like hes still a raider but the reality is he has become a casual. Because thats what happens when you prioritize spending more time reporting on games and less time playing games.

8 Likes

After watching the video I feel he is pretty on point. Especially regarding PvP vendors and gear appearances.

I appreciate his deliberate way of speaking, it works for me. But I agree with you regarding “I’m a game dev too” stuff.

7 Likes

Ha! In all seriousness has anyone used skillshare? I haven’t even bothered to look at it

4 Likes

Nah, I share my skills the old fashioned way.

By talking to people I already know.

Same. His opinions on the game always come across as 100% honest. But I had to stop watching him months ago because I realized I was skipping through way too much just to locate the nugget of what this guy actually thinks within the context of his own videos. Funnily enough, doing so sometimes caused a bit of “earrape” because he doesn’t check to see if the volume of his background music is normalized. Thus, there are parts of his videos where he is literally drowned out by his own music selections, and he doesn’t care enough to address it or fix it.

That’s sort of when I figured out that he really doesn’t give a cat’s behind about the quality of his videos, and he lost me as a viewer.

2 Likes

I hear what you’re saying, he does often take the long way around to finding his point. It’s not Kelani levels of circling the drain to deliberately raise the length of the video but it’s a valid criticism.

Again though, it works for me. Bellular’s videos are almost like some kind of WoW news ASMR.

It’s okay he told us in the vid he wants to play seriously again, Blizz just has to step up if they want him back :roll_eyes:

Some of these armchair devs have very tall, lofty armchairs~~

6 Likes

Whose Bellular? Never heard of him.

3 Likes

I don’t watch streamers, but I’m sitting here doing the squirt battles and figured I’d give it a listen. Just a few random thoughts…

I’ll take WQs over BC grind every day of the week and I hate WQs. I don’t have many BC faction because their grinds are so monotonous and require too much time. I can do an emissary or 2 a week and make actual progress. It takes the same amount of real world time (in weeks or months), but I’m not physically grinding the whole time.

Pathfinder IMO shouldn’t come as fast as he suggests. Leave it as is except ease up on the rep requirements.

Yes to the PvP vendors. How am I going to spend marks to get current PvP tmogs? I don’t care about the gear, I want the tmogs.

Overall… I think he just made a video for his listeners to hear him speak. All his “ideas” are things that blizzard goes back and forth on each expac. They’re always trying new things, keeping some, losing others. Is the only way wow has thrived for so long. We would be ENTIRELY fed up with the BC style grind if we’d had to do it this whole time.

6 Likes

Stare at the left side of the screen, its just gameplay

1 Like

This thread breaks down each topic really well:

4 Likes