Bellular nailed it

:laughing:
I chuckled.

1 Like

The dude is actually coherent and tolerant unlike Assmongoul.

A certain amount of independence and strength is required to be able to have your own ideas and opinions and be able to support them without relying on X expert, X streamer, X youtuber, “most people”, said etc

I thought it was the other way round: people watch Bellular and others doing similar commentary vids, then come here and post the ideas and opinions as their own.

It may have something to do with me being in a perpetual state of raised eyebrow.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

iirc he is actually developing a game. Something-something-monsters or whatever it’s called. He is reporting not just on his opinions but on his personal research from the work he does for a living.

Ugh I agree with him, dailies used to be about player choice not “Well If I skip today I miss out on my emissary!”. Once it was unlocked in Pandaria I really started getting into the game and feeling it. When Legion rolled around I found that more often than not I was eschewing what I WANTED to do for what I NEEDED to do to get my World Quests done.

I disagreed on him when WoD was around on remaining grounded but I’m pleased to see even he’s come around. Pathfinder it’s terrible on it’s own but the wait and time gating to earn flying is. If Blizzard changed Pathfinder to be a more organic experience or even let me buy a license for a nominal fee I’d be much more looking forward to Shadowlands. Right now though I see Pathfinder as a gate “Well yes we could let you fly but we’d rather you unsub and wait until we’ve deemed enough time has passed”.

2 Likes

I HATE the covenants. The idea that I can’t choose a covenant based on what I think is really cool and instead have to pick one based on what “ability/talent” I want…is stupid. AND THEN they make it hard to change covenants (rep grind)…it feels no fun.

Maybe Blizzard will do something different, but so far that is my understanding of how it’ll work.

1 Like

The game dev bit is a hobby. It’s just two guys burning capital, playing at development. The financial records of the company are public.

At least it’s not Raid Shadow Legends…I feel like every video I click on nowadays has that sponsor

Its almost like he is reading from a script and not rambling.

I raided 5 years straight and i have had a break up untill now. I would still consider myself a raider 2 years out of raiding… its not rocket science and its the same as its always been. Once you pick up the classes rotation you dont start from square one again

That’s been their downfall when Ion took control. GhostCrawler lost WoW a lot of subs during Cata and kept it balance in MoP, but when Ion took over. Consumers spoke with their wallet and WoW has not truly recovered since then. That alone shows something went wrong with the formula in current WoW. They need to wake up and start accepting the forums as constructive feedback as well than other social media outlets.

BFA is where they went true comfort mode on their model. The only ones who did work on this expansion were the artist and writers.

4 Likes

Good video by bellular. I like the way he laid everything out with this one

2 Likes

I keep hearing that criticism levelled at Kelani’s videos, but I watch them semi-regularly and don’t find that to be the case at all. If you want YouTube game commentators who “circle the drain” there’s more than a couple of obvious examples, but I don’t think Kelani’s one of them.

Honestly, I disagreed with much of what he suggested and it came across as nothing more than whining to me. To each their own I guess.

Well, he says obvious stuff that people who actively plays and cares repeat for years.

Hard to disagree with something people agreed on long ago.

I stopped watching him when he went super clickbaity and started beginning every video with 5 minutes of adds.

1 Like

I don’t mind Bellular. He’s an alright guy, not my favorite wow youtuber, but he’s ok.

I just can’t stand his fans frothing at the mouth at every work he says. Makes me want to steer clear of his videos.

Who…?

Oh it’s just another youtube person.

1 Like

I don’t understand the point in this kind of snark. I mean yeah, it’s to undermine an obviously popular public figure in the WoW community. People value their opinion and for whatever reason that bothers you I guess.

2 Likes