Bee Mount Can't Be Used By Horde (and just general discussion about Horde/Alliance mounts)

Don’t bee hating, bro.

3 Likes

doesnt matter if they can or cant. there are horde exclusive mounts that exist. this is just one more exclusive mount, only for the other faction.

3 Likes

Its a drop off blood trolls in nazmir.

No that’s the issue. Right now it’s only usable on alliance.

If it was only earnable on alliance but usable with either faction I’d say that’s more than fair. But locking it completely to one faction seems like a waste IMO

Horde got super cool mounts in BfA
Dinosaurs!! Really Cool ones!!!

And Alliance got horses. Not even armored horses. Nothing but plain, ordinary, horses.

Yea. Rah. Rah. for something I can see on every farm around my town.

4 Likes

Care to link the item? I’ve never seen it.

Do you really want Tauren riding the Bee mount?

You are terrible for wanting to put that poor Bee through that kind of punishment.

4 Likes

Reins of the Tamed Bloodfeaster.

You’re missing the point. Systematically speaking, implementation of things like this should be done proper and even. The bee mount is the same implementation as Child of Torcali and Kua’fon, both of which can be used by both factions.

I don’t care about the bee, to be honest. I have no intention on getting it. But when we’re discussing objective point of view, this is something that feels off. Rather than complain about Horde mounts being unique, why not suggest how Alliance mounts can be more unique and be their own image going forth?

1 Like

It kind of boggles me that people keep connecting the Honeyback Harvester and the lackluster Alliance rep mount/horse parade. They’re not equivalent. Kua’fon and Torcali are. Horde should absolutely be able to use this mount. If they cannot currently, that needs to be resolved in a future patch or hot fix.

6 Likes

Ah, alright. Didn’t know this item existed, cool.

plain and simple, the bee mount was an apology to the alliance for horse rancher 2019… i mean BFA. the horde just have to have EVERYTHING or they throw a tantrum using semi logical arguments like being fair, or being biased.

the majority of devs play on horde side. they messed up and shafted the alliance in the mounts department. this is a matter between the devs and the alliance. sit down horde, you have no place in this issue.

6 Likes

Can you provide a source?

Not true. The Horde are asking for systematic equivalency. You’re reaching with this one.

I suppose you have forum threads you’ve created where you can link how you’ve made productive and constructive suggestions on how you feel they can do better?

You have zero right to tell anyone what they can or cannot discuss on the forums and your behavior is silly.

7 Likes

They already had a spectral gryphon in the game, and since removed. However not having a quest different from the bee mount now for an upgraded rez model of the old gryphon would be great. Tie the alliance more to the ancestral Kul Tirans.

Or for lack of that why not add another mount to archaeology like they did in Legion? So many mess ups I don’t even know where they could right the ship.

I’ll get over it…as a Horde player I’m used to the devs being biased towards alliance.

1 Like

Hey Blizz - let Hordies ride a freakin’ bee*!

*once they earn it on an alliance alt. And let me tell you, with how abundant those thin jellies are, you will absolutely feel like you EARNED it

1 Like

Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director)WatcherDev[[S](https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9fv4tk/im_world_of_warcraft_game_director_ion/)`] 273 points 1 year ago

When we make a new expansion, we look at the broader ecologies of the new zones and identify which creatures would make cool mounts. However, at the start of recent expansions before flying can be earned, we also avoid giving out mount models that really work best when flying. As it turned out, the Horde bestiary had a lot more ground-based models which led to the first wave of rep mounts being skewed. But we plan on rectifying that as the expansion unfolds. Speaking of which, that Bee is pretty wonderful, isn’t it?

1 Like

i have done this song and dance before. provide a source and its hand waved away for some reason or another. no, if you cant see what is plain as day for most then you may wanna pull off those tinted glassed and look around.

the horde have gotten a great many cool things that alliance have not. i dont fault the horde and claim its unfair because i recognize that horde zones are often lack luster and just “ugh” to look at in many cases. its all a balance. and the numbers dont have to be equal to keep a balance.

1 Like

I am Soooo upset right now, that only my Alliance characters get to ride a bee mount and not my horde characters.

It is a travesty, an injustice being committed right now.

/Hop onboard the bee express and buzzes back to playing the game.

The person above you linked a source that works. You’re incorrect. Use logic, and constructive discussion when actually posting on the forums. For all of our sake.

As far as this goes - I suppose it can be looked at in such a manner. That’s fine. Systematically, however, I still feel like it’s off considering Alliance can use our two mounts which have been implemented in the same manner. This is valid. But I think it was implemented poorly. And what I think doesn’t matter in that regard if this is truly Blizzard’s perspective - which now that it’s linked, I remember Watcher saying this as well. But I do think it could have been done better.