Beast Mastery[Aspects!]

Posted this in another thread. Wanted to see what the general thoughts on it are.

Could it be fun? Would it add more depth to the spec?

They should give Beast Mastery the talent A Murder of Crows as a baseline ability.
And along with that, BM would also get a new passive effect on Kill Command that causes successful Kill Commands to extend the duration of A Murder of Crows on the enemy by a few seconds each time you use it.

Apart from that, I would also like to see the return of a system that involves Aspects. To bring back that old fantasy. Though ofc, with some twists to it/them.

The new Aspects you could ‘‘toggle’’, would interact with your Bestial Wrath. So that they take effect every time you activate BW.
What additional effect you get apart from the 25% dmg bonus from BW, would depend on which aspect you’ve picked. You should ofc be able to switch back and forth between those Aspects as you like.

Some examples that I would find interesting, are as follows:

Aspect of the Bear
Successful Kill Commands that land while you’re under the effect of Bestial Wrath now also thrashes any enemies near your primary target. Dealing XX damage instantly as well as applying a bleed over 5 seconds. The bleed damage can stack up to X times.

This would be a referens to how Dire Frenzy was affected by Beast Cleave during Legion.
Something that I liked.

Aspect of the Beast
The bleed effect applied by Barbed Shot has a X% chance when dealing damage to any enemy whos health is below 30%, to increase the duration of your next Bestial Wrath by 5 seconds. If the enemy is above 30% health, the duration increase would instead be 2 seconds per proc.
The effect is consumed the next time you activate Bestial Wrath.

In addition, every time your pet hits an enemy below 30% health remaining, with it’s Basic Attack(Bite, Claw, Smack), the damage of your next Bestial Wrath is increased by 1%. This effect expires whenever you leave combat.

Sort of an execute effect, that builds up over time.
The last effect involving the pet Basic Attacks, I’m thinking if that one should be a permanent buff that only expires if you leave combat for a while. Meaning the more your pet hits targets below 30% health, the better it will be no matter what stage in the fight you are at.

Aspect of the Cobra
During Bestial Wrath, your Cobra Shot will poison the enemy target, every time your Auto Attacks hit an enemy afflicted by the venom, there’s a high chance that a snake will come out and start attacking it as well.
Every successful attack made by a snake, deals XX damage as well as healing you for 100% of the damage dealt.

This is sort of a combination of the effect from the old legendary chest in Legion along with the Artifact trait Cobra Commander.

Aspect of the Viper
During Bestial Wrath, Kill Command costs no focus and deals increased damage based on your Focus level at the time of using it.
In addition, Kill Command has a chance to not trigger a CD when used during Bestial Wrath.

Thought of as a way for you to aim at keeping your Focus level high during Bestial Wraths. In order to gain a higher output from it.
Basically, if you have 0 Focus, then Kill Command would do base damage. If you have 97 Focus at the time, then Kill Command would do base damage + an additional 97%. Only during Bestial Wrath though.

Some final notes.

Keep in mind that all of these aspects would somehow involve your Bestial Wrath. They wouldn’t be just passive effects that you always have. And, you can switch between them as you want. Much like you could with the older aspects we had.

My aim is that, if you use one Aspect that lets you stack some beneficial buff/effect. If you switch to another aspect, then that effect would remain until the next time you activate BW. The exception would be the passive bonus to damage of BWs that you could gain with Aspect of the Beast. That one only experies when you leave combat.

2 Likes