Be careful how you joke in party

Some people don’t understand jokes or sarcasm.

1 Like

buffalos don’t have wings???

1 Like

This is why you shouldn’t allow bullying. You end up like her.

Almost exactly what I wanted to comment. :laughing:

1 Like

Or you become him, who is a far worse kind of bully IMHO. The kind who refuses to realize when they do something wrong, because they believe they are completely and utterly beyond reproach.

I find jokes get people in trouble a lot, myself included.

I tend not to speak to players in game anymore. I’ve abandoned /4 and /2 and I’m thinking of abandoning all chat altogether and just being one of “those players” that don’t respond when you speak to them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you gave them a nice polished look. You should thank him for giving you the time to see them properly done.

That’s what I was thinking, I would never let anyone like that anywhere near my family.

1 Like

Also I like how you immediately go to this, when I

1. Don’t have any flags its on CD for reporting people who break the rules

&

1. I didn’t flag you.
1 Like

Probably a good thing she’d bully your kids to teach them a lesson or something

2 Likes

Disagreeing with your bleak/incorrect outlook is not bullying.

People should not “be bullied more” to make them better people. Saying “I don’t endorse bullying, but we need more bullying” is a contradiction, hence the disagreement. Your words have shown a difference in character than what you told us to think about you.

The younger generations are fine, old farts have been complaining for thousands of years.

Doxxing and death threats are bullying and still wrong.

Removing someone from your group for whatever reason is not abuse. People are free to play with whoever they choose and blizzard will not step in.

About consequences; the op learnt about them today. Sometimes jokes backfire and you get kicked. Oh well.

Also, while I don’t have kids, I’d bet anything that bullying is still huge in schools all over the world. Perhaps the bullying is the reason why some grow up and take it out on others through doxxing/death threats/cancel culture?

Your opinions seem to be all over the place.

6 Likes

I would venture to say trying to silence views for simple disagreement or the other things which I laid out are very much wrong. Since I wrote that initial post on the fly and I will concede it could have been taken the wrong way, (and was intentionally taken by people looking to create drama out of context, which one can see by the first reply’s idiotic spell-check/passive aggression); I’ve gone ahead and made a very fundamental clarification that should spell it out. I would of thought it went without saying but better to reinforce that point and give the opportunists no further wiggle room.

But I will not apologize for feeling that the situation that exists on social media currently needs to be broken as does the fact that things that would of gotten me put in jail as a child, are disregarded most of the time now or outright celebrated.

When you raise children with no consequences and they become an adult, it should be no surprise that it becomes a novel and foreign concept that things like defamation, libel, IIED, or loss of wages should have consequences.

Getting back to the original point, I think that if WoW had a consequence like FFXIV did, namely that abusing the Duty Finder can result in action when abused; it would be a good thing that could curtail a lot of scenarios like what the OP described. This in turn might instill a modicum of sanity in the community. But I probably am expecting way, way too much.

A lot? Jeeze. No one takes a rez timer unless it’s some weird incident. In Northern, I was playing with Heroic leap after dismounting from the sky. My foot hit something and killed me. There wasn’t a way for me to get my corspe at that height.

Took a rez timer once from having supply drop pop up near gy. Those campy hordes didn’t see that comn!

Using rez sickness as saying some dies a lot is bad argument.

Among the many players who play this game are immature brats. Mostly found in PvP.

Sorry that happened to you.

1 Like

This is why everything sucks. People forgot how to laugh.

2 Likes

As I leave the thread, a final word. Thank you for the mass of reports.

That proved my point far, far better than I could have ever illustrated. May Blizzard someday soon hold people like you liable for your false flagging. You ought of called it a real world threat, and gone for the gold. Disagreement =/= Trolling, no matter how badly you wish it was otherwise.

Umm…I never reported you. :eyes:

Oh I’m not saying you did. I just replied to you because I’m still used to replying by the upper button rather than the big blue one. Don’t think I’m pointing at you specifically for I most certainly am not! Still sorry if it seemed so. ^^

Once we get through the initial reporting side, I will definitely be petitioning Blizzard along with several others to hold the people false-flagging accountable. I neither have mentioned an individual, called for violence or any of the myriad other things outlined in the “Trolling” Category.

Since they are not there, one must assume the reports were falsely made and thus intended merely an effort by what Tseric would of called “mobs of psychology” striving to silence views they dislike.

1 Like

Ah ok. :hugs:

Heard it twice just thought it was funny to say that. I think it means nice.