Be careful how you joke in party

I was on the stupid 2 minute rez timer in pvp and my exact comment was “getting my nails done while I wait to rez rolls eyes.”

Next thing I knew I was gone from the group. When I looked at group finder, it was still there so I /w the leader and said “I’m sorry, did I just get booted?” (btw, I was 2nd dps of the 5)

His response was “I removed you so ya could focus on your nails.”

I said “that was sarcasm, I was joking about the rez timer.”

His only comment was “good luck.”

eyeroll

46 Likes

ROFL that’s hilarious.

42 Likes

it is pretty funny, but I couldn’t be bothered to whisper someone to ask them why.

lol, I didn’t think it was too funny seeing that all the other groups were full and I only needed 6 more of the 25 :stuck_out_tongue:

How do your nails look?

37 Likes

The real question is did you do your nails? He so kindly gave you more time for it!

8 Likes

:astonished: How… like…

genuinely speechless

HOW DOES ONE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT’S A JOKE?! :confounded:

11 Likes

The good thing about this is, THOSE NAILS ON POINT! THEY LOOK FLEEK OOOO!

8 Likes

I find many people on the internet take obvious sarcasm literally

Like I once wrote in a forum: “Wait, if buffalo don’t have wings, what the hell have I been eating all this time?”

The amount of people that arrogantly explained to me what buffalo wings are was a bit disheartening.

66 Likes

I think that being mindful of what you say in chat is a pretty basic rule of online gaming; regardless of the circumstances.

Next time be the group leader.

because human beings today arent capable of laughing at anything :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

22 Likes

Exactly.

Exactly.

8 Likes

I can accept that some folks suffer from autism who dont get humor sometimes. I know someone who has it and this is a problem we have in conversation at times.
But the sheer number of people who do it in this game and online…well, I dont buy that that many people are autistic or have some other condition that causes them to not comprehend humor.
I think its just horrible personalities most of the time. And I have enough of those around me too.

6 Likes

Some people have a better sense of humor than others.

If the OP was telling the whole truth then I can say that I agree that this group leader didn’t need to resort to kicking them, but those are the breaks when you’re in someone else’s group; they can kick you for any reason they want.

Good ones or bad ones.

1 Like

yeah…theres a huge difference in just being better at it…and literally taking ones rage out on someone because they didnt get a joke.
Yuge difference.

3 Likes

I find this is a general rule of life. My partner once joked about the positions he and I uh do for lack of a better word and my dad side eyed me, like you let him do that??? He still thinks even now over a decade later that it was real and that I’m into some weird a** stuff.

1 Like

Okay, but I am not getting that from the OP so I am not really seeing the relevance.

Otherwise you’re just stating the obvious.

That was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I’ve no reason to lie about what happened.

The only line I left out was the fact that about 60 seconds after he booted me, he left the group because, in his exact words, “I left because I was finished way back.” I looked at the group after he said that and it had a different leader.

he was kicked for a stupid joke.
if you cant see the problem AND defend it happening…well, nothing we can do for you on that, lol

1 Like

How many times did you eyeroll? Because you did it once in your narrative and then again at the end of the OP.

2 Likes