BDK nerfs. why?

I’m scratching my head at why they are being so hard on BDK.

My guess is they are going to nuke destro and surv at some point in the near future, if not, I certainly won’t complain about the inconsistency.

3 Likes

I was going to start tanking. Was playing 2 h frost onliteration build. But it feels bad they nerf these sets before many players get to try them.

I want to gear up my tanks a bit and start them off at like 10 keys. Starting playing prot again after finally crafting his legendary.

But now I see many people want healers. And thats annoying to craft a legendary to play a spec.

1 Like

My guild’s main tank is preping a Prot warrior because he’s not sure that blood will be able to survive M jailer post nerf.

And this guy is one of the people you ask blood DK questions in the discord.

1 Like

We should go back to the roots of the death knight and make frost the tank spec and blood the dps spec… or even better make unholy the tank spec because its the least fun spec to play out of the three and needs a rework anyways.

That’s going to be part of the talent trees next expansion.
Or increasing DK’s baseline EHP.

1 Like

If we are going back to the roots, DKs could tank in any spec.
Frost was never the Tank spec. All good talents were spread between the 3 specs, with Blood having the highest survival talents and frost coming second.

2 Likes

Uhhhh…he may want to rethink that. Prot War is the worst tank in the game today.

1 Like

Well with the new talent system that would be a lot of fun but a lot of work for the devs.

2 Likes

It’s good at dealing with hard hitting melee attacks, which is the hard part of tanking M jailer.

I’ll also be sure to let him know that some heroic raider ranged DPS who’s stuck on anduin knows more about tanking mythic jailer than a CE tank main.

3 Likes

They literally have no clue what they are doing anymore.

3 Likes

Make sure he knows I rerolled Destro Warlock about a month ago so I could be completely OP in all content using 3 buttons.

It’s really important.

We got the huge nerfbat overtuned, now the max number of STR stacks is 40 (down from 75).

If you reread the blue post, they actually decided to do what ppl asked. They nerfed the max str bonus instead of the cd reduction on dancing rune weapon.

Not sure who are you talking to, I just posted exactly what they did.

I was replying to the OP. The forum code just sucks. You hit reply to the first or last post and it doesn’t show who you were replying to.

I hate these nerfs. We need more viable tank specs to curb the dps numbers a bit. Same for healers.

If BDK does more damage than DPS, what reason is there not to run 10 BDKs in raids ? They don’t need healing, they do more damage than dps and they are tanky.

You don’t really know how it works, do you?

And now more word of at least one more round of BDK nerfs incoming

Warcraft logs.

Mythic

Guardian

Top BDK damage - 18k
Top BM hunter - 17k

So why not just stack 10 BDKs ?