[BCC] Community Council Dart Board

Sorry, english is not my main language, so i will try my best to communicate.
We have a lot of problems with the game right now, but for me at least it appears that Blizzard don’t give a damn to our concerns.

This forum is pointless, no one reads and take care of our demands, dont even respond our questions like the Season 2 ending post.

I feel like the “classic” game is abandoned since launch.
I started in Faerlina. Two IRL friends invited me for a “classic” journey. We choose Faerlina based on pure (un)luck. At that time, i had like 1 hour to play each day and we had like 2 hours queues.

Then we moved to Sul’thraze (cuz we are brazilians), but the “BR” realm was opened after launch and brazilian community was scattered all over. With a low pop at start, the Sul’thraze realm died in months, but it was the best gaming experience i had: joined a guild and made some friends, got some loot drama, a lot of fun at discord. But at some point, we got like 500 auctions listed on Sul’thraze’s AH.

Then we decided as a guild to move to Benediction cuz Sul’thraze was impossible to raid. I moved my main, abandoned some alts and for some time, it was fun to play. Benediction was 50/50 and was super fun to log in and see a world full of life.

U guys know the rest of this story. My IRL friends moved again to Faerlina, where we started (irony?), after the massive Alliance transfer. I refused to pay Blizzard for such incompetence.

Why should i, as a costumer, reward a company for such bad service provided? And i have 8 alts 60+ sitting now on Benediction.
Should i pay like half brazilian minimum wage to such a bad company? Should i lose all the time invested in my alts and reroll on other server? C’mon!

Now i play mostly alone on a Alliance server, as a Horde target. Log in, do some dailies and log off. Is hard to even run weekly 10 arena matches with high average queue times.

So, let me play the game. Rework realms, merge all, layer thru the sky i don’t care.
And to all players>>> stop throwing your money at Blizzard face with realm transfers!

7 Likes

Ask the CS employees to enforce the ‘adverts go in trade chat’ rule per EULA. Nobody, especially new players, wants to zone into the game and get visually assaulted with wts/wtb boosts/carries in LFG. It ruin’s the ‘spirit’ of the game and encourages new players to buy gold from the boosters or 3rd party websites. Would be nice if the blizz employees would actually look at chat logs when they are reported.
Having adverts for officially unsupported activitites rammed down our throats when we pay a sub fee for the game is just stupid.

1 Like

For some council members, this translates to “agree with me or I’ll troll you.”

7 Likes

This is what Ion said. This is also what they didn’t do.

“We wanted to create that thing, we wanted to memorialize and immortalize it, and we can’t accomplish that by changing it.

1 Like

yet he went ahead and offered a 58 boost for tbc almost instantly =/ that was not the case last go around in tbc

1 Like

Okay then don’t comment at all and just move onto the next thread?

If it’s completely worthless and a waste of time… then skip it and say nothing.

No wonder it’s completely worthless when the first comment on the thread is eviscerating the poster because they don’t have the same niche goal in gaming you do. Wow how constructive.

“Omg the goal of tbc should be pet battles! We need pet battles now! F this council member he doesn’t speak for me. Speak for yourself you power tripping POS”

Can’t imagine why they fail.

3 Likes

Thank you for trying to help the community. There are a ton of trolls or just flat out rude people on the forums and I don’t envy having to sift through the rude to hear the civil.

I would like to give my 2 cents on the state of PvP server health. There are multiple big issues that are regularly brought up on the forums and I think PvP server health is one of the biggest. There are many of us that are very upset with how blizzard has handled server population. As background, I came back to wow with the launch of Classic. My friends and I rolled horde on Skeram at launch, which became completely horde populated by AQ40. With the opening of the dark portal, our guild decided to transfer to Bennediction, which at the time was roughly 60% alliance 40% horde (using weekly unqiue character raid logs as the metric). For a while this was a great decision, but the free transfers from “dead” servers caused a mass alliance migration to bennediction. For reasons I don’t fully understand, the massive horde population on bennediction has mostly transferred. I know that you can’t read the minds of the blizzard decision makers, but the free transfer that were offered were either not well thought out (directing the transfers would have gone a long way imo,) or the transfers were done in such a simple manner that it appears to me the goal was to generate revenue from players not offered free transfers. What ever the thought process was on the free transfers, they may have made the problem worse. I paid for two character transfers to bennediction (most of my guildmates did 2 or more). I refuse to pay for another transfer, but the state of the horde faction on bennediction may cause me to give up wow if my guild decides to leave.

My understanding of your posts regarding server health (forgive me if I am misunderstanding, I tried to look for all of your posts related to this topic)is that blizzard decision makers are still in the early stages of discussing the problem. This is very disheartening. To me, it feels like blizzard has no concern for PvP servers and has been operating off the idea that they could let PvP servers fail, make tons of money off transfers, and try to use the past as a roadmap for the path of least new work needed to continue to a future of PvE only servers. If blizzard needs some suggestions on PvP servers, here are mine:

Faction balance of PvP servers are less a issue than size of the minority faction. The biggest obstacle to the minority faction on a pvp server is being able to find groups for pve content and AH activity. This solutions to this fall into two broad catefories of either merging or not merging servers.
If servers are not merged, a LFG cross server feature could be modifiied to allow players of small faction population to access pve content. My time playing retail is very short (shadowlands launch), but I noticed the current LFG tool in retail is a double edge sword. Players can relativley quickly get groups but those groups felt very socially disconnected (nearly every group I joined was trying to speed run everything without any conversation). To preserve the overal more social vibe (imo) of pugs in classic, I think a modifed LFG tool could be used. If a player on a small faction size is using the in game LFG tool and is in que for more than 20 mins for a specific dungeon, that player should become available to join a LFM from another server. This would prioritize keeping players on the same server in a community but would allow for players without a large enough community to support regular dungeon groups the chance to still access pve content. Linking AH for specific small faction population PvP servers could also address the AH problem. I admit I don’t know what the minimum size of AH activity should be. My experience was that bennediction on the horde side had >50k AH posts every time I scanned the AH during its peak population size. It has been at >20k auctions for about 2 months now, which seems to be OK. However, I think this will drop quite a bit in the coming weeks.

The other category of solutions to PvP server health, server merges, seem to be mentioned more and might be more acceptable to the majority of players. IMO, if server merging is used, I think a single mega pvp server for each region should be created. (I would also vote to convert faerlina to a PvE server as those cowardly horde transfers don’t really want a PvP server). Once the PvP servers for the regions are merged, direct transfers between the PvP servers should be prevented. Players should be allowed to transfer off the PvP server to a PvE server, which would trigger a cooldown for being able to transfer again for 3-6 months. Additionally, I think the rule of PvE characters being prevented from transfering to PvP servers should be revisited.

The issue of layering is contentious. Initially, I did not like the idea of layering. However, after experiencing it on bennediction since TBC release, I now believe layers greatly improve the quality of the game. To keep this post from growing too large, I’ll end here. I look forward to the community council attempting to direct constructive feedback for the developers.

3 Likes

Please go away and come back when you can have a constructive civil discussion.

My ONLY request is very simple. Communicate with the players REGULARLY.

Create and share an expected content timeline with the playerbase.

If you’re making a post about content releasing, include all the changes in the initial post.

If players have follow-up questions about a content release, then answer them!!

If you don’t believe there should be a change, like dual spec, then explain your reasoning.

Wow players are consistently met with seemingly apathetic developers. Communication would go a very long way in reducing that impression.

9 Likes

If Blizzard is truly trying to keep the experience [quote=“Sixxfury-faerlina, post:1, topic:1159646”]
an authentic as possible version of the game that can be enjoyed
[/quote]

Then I believe that one of the biggest things that could go towards rebuilding trust, which was lost between Blizzard and the community, is removing all semblances of “Character Boosts” and mounts that can be purchased using Real Money.

If Blizzard took action by removing the current boost system when WOTLK comes out, they would be clearly stating that they are willing to try and bring WoW’s community back. Allowing you to purchase a character boost with real life money, removed the entire leveling aspect of the game, which is what killed much of the open world.

Originally this leveling experience was one of the great things that caused players to form friendships and help build a sense of community.

Now this does bring on another touchy subject, which is boosting.
I am not 100% sure what the correct approach is.
If players are no longer able to purchase character boosts with real life money, then in game character boosting, for gold, would become an even bigger problem then it currently is.

The way this could be solved, is to greatly reduce the amount of experience received by low level players, if the level difference between the boostie and the booster is too great.

This forces players to actually play the game with players of a similar level, instead of AFKing in instances.
This fights goldsellers, as many make the gold they sell for real life money, by doing boosts. (Now I know most people doing boosts are not gold sellers, but I do know that many do this. I also understand that the goldsellers will simply look for the next best method, I was simply stating that this was another positive side-effect that occurs with my proposed solution.)

2 Likes

OMG so much this! Patch notes anyone?

1 Like

I 100% agree with this.

if you need examples of great communication look at the Path of Exile Developers.
Grinding Gear games has had some of the best communication with the community of any game I have ever played.

3 Likes

I’d like to add one if I may. I’d love to see herb/mining nodes fixed. It’s getting quite expensive to raid when you can only find enough herbs for 5 mana pots at a time. No, the solution isn’t for anyone to sit in game for 8-12 hours camping spawn points. That’s happening as well.

1 Like

You are not even discussing the topic at all. All you are doing is violating the forum CoC attacking other posters. So how about you skip it, move on, and stop posting. We do not need anyone to be a middle man to speak for us.

2 Likes

Lol okay dude.

“listen to us listen to us”
blizzard gives you a path to be heard
“Omg thats now how we want to be heard”

Expected from bloodsail buccaneers.

1 Like

Maybe take your own advice instead of trolling and violating the CoC.

3 Likes

I disagree with you. I would like to have as close to the original experience as possible. :slight_smile:
(I know the community is split on this subject.)

5 Likes

I guess I would say this is exactly the issue and its valid. The posters above are being rude because they are beyond frustrated, but this is the issue on its head.

Blizzard: communicate on our terms.
Players: um dont we pay you?
Blizzard: Or else.
Players: …or else what?
Blizzard: you quit!
Players: …I guess yeah…

4 Likes

Apart from the glaringly obvious server pop/imbalance issues, and lack of communication, I would like to talk about the problems with the current implementation of arenas.

As someone who went in blind to arenas and has had to learn everything from what to do for each comp, I have been disappointed as well as extremely demoralized by arenas in this game. I am someone who managed to get to just above 1800 rating so I got close to being in the top 10% of the best players but never qualified for weapons, which was really upsetting. This was from starting with zero knowledge and had stuck below 1400 rating with nearly 1000 games played just in 2s for season 1.

1. The design rewards the best gear for doing PvP to those at the top of the ranks further solidifying their place at the top of the brackets. This is a HUGE problem because if you are in the lower brackets, as when I was hard stuck below 1500 rating in season 1, I had no hope of ever catching up to actually try and push rating since I was so severely under-geared. This needs to change, you should be able to get more points simply from doing more games. Obviously there should be a hard cap on how many arena points you get each week from just grinding out games (say 1000 points), but this will solve the issue of lack of participation where people just do 10 games and quit. If people are not as good at PvP but still want to grind out PvP gear at a reasonable pace, you should guarantee points per games played. Say 10 points for 1 game? So if you play 100 arena games a week, you will get 1000 points for the week. Arenas as of now are so anemic that at 15-1600 rating, I see the same 3-4 arena teams over and over because not a lot of people are even playing them. More points for more games played fixes this.

2. Rating requirements on gear was a HUGE mistake! and I really hope that the devs see their mistake here. The system only rewards weapons to the top 10% best players as well as shoulders to the top ~5%. This means the majority of people who step into arenas have no chance of getting those sought after weapons. I cannot tell you how unbelievably frustrated I was when I got to just under 1850 then fell back down to 1600 rating and never got to qualify for weapons. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

4 Likes

Yes i violated it, not the first commenter.

smfh