BC Timewalking Overtuned

Throngus impales the furthest or nearest target, as a healer don’t be either.

The only thing overtunes about Throngus at launch was the DoT he put on the tank while wielding swords. It took a while for HP to catch up to it but the DoT could be dispelled easy enough.

I posted the things I noticed that were overtuned while doing the Timewalking today.

Ah, I never raided in BC, I was lucky to hit level cap by the end of Sunwell. 3-5 hours a week on a ‘family PC’ wasn’t much time to level back then.

What boss are people hitting Enrage on? There are a couple bosses with HP related Enrage mechaincs but nothing that should cause an Enrage timer.

1 Like

“Maybe” if you are doing very low keys. Try that on higher keys when Bolstering / Necro or Orbs are up specially with Fortified. Some people still assume M+ in BfA are the SAME as they were in Legion and jump on the bandwagon of AOE FACEROLL !!

BfA M+ higher keys are harder than raids most of the times and can be stupidly harder depends on affixes.

1 Like

Impaling Slam – Throngus jumps to a random target, impaling them on his mace and inflicting 7 Physical damage every 1 second for 5 sec” taken from wowhead. It’s not the nearest target.

As for the enrage boss in bc tw, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that it was in black morass.

The problem is scaling, it was not done well. This applies to most time walking dungeons, not so much MoP. They take far longer than the rewards justify, especially if you have non-max level players in your group.

10 Likes

I’ve always had it Impale the choice of nearest or furthest, usually me as the tank. Good to know it can be the healer.

But even impaled a healer can still heal the party and themselves. If players other than the impaled target aren’t taking AoE damage it’s survivable and was at launch, I healed it on my Shaman and Druid.

I read that as ‘tanks can be chain-stunned and die to dumb’ not as an Enrage. But point taken, that needs to be fixed.

If you insist on playing the game poorly, don’t complain when you die a lot.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with BC Timewalking. I just ran 5-6 dungeons today without any issues. The the only problem here is that you as a player want to be able to faceroll everything and never be challenged. Stop that. Take your ADHD meds, and calm TF down.

4 Likes

Blizzard messed up timewalking with the scaling and it hasn’t been the same since. I used to really enjoy timewalking dungeons, but now they take too long (the difficulty is too hard for a timewalking specifically) and the rewards aren’t worth it. I usually just run one per char and stack the 500 tokens. Maybe they’ll fix it, maybe not. It’s been broken for quite a long time now. It’s a timewalking, not a heroic, not a mythic. It should be fun, not punishing.

9 Likes

If you just want to faceroll the dungeon, just enter it from the world and faceroll it. That’s not the purpose of Timewalking at all.

7 Likes

I think the issue is the difficulty doesn’t match up with the rewards for most groups. If you have a premade 5 with BiS Legion Legendaries, MoP cloak, and other Legendaries, it’s about the difficulty it should be given the rewards. If you’re hopping in a pug on a lvl 75 alt in greens, and you get paired with 4 other sub 110 toons, you will struggle to even finish.

2 Likes

Let’s face the facts Timewalking Dungeons do not scale well. This is the main problem.

15 Likes

not only do trash hit too hard but they also FEAR PETS INTO OTHER GROUPS wich genuinly and unironicly causes a toxic enviroment of people blaming one another for pulling

3 Likes

I’ve healed about eight of these over the past two days with few problems. Arcatraz can definitely be challenging, especially with a group that isn’t aware of the mechanics of trash and bosses. Actually just finished another run of the dungeon with a tank that knew what to do and DPS that didn’t stand in stuff, so it went really well.

Yeah, maybe some damage is a little out of proportion, but overall I like the difficulty. I’m pretty comfortable healing on my shaman though, so that may be part of it. But I have been healing with PUGs only.

If there was something I did not find fun, it was the first boss in Shattered Halls, especially with all melee. The spin at 25% health and lower hits pretty hard.

1 Like

Honestly TW Pandaland is stupid easy. Like the only thing I’ve ever seen remote issues with in that version of timewalking are people who don’t know how to correctly pull and lock Xin.

Compared to Pandaland, soooo many mobs in BC dungeons randomly CC you and hit pretty hard. The big void wraiths in Mana Tombs are harder than any boss in that dungeon.

And Black Morass is super boring and takes way too long for how little action is going on.

2 Likes

The exact issue with warfronts, world bosses, emissaries, and the weekly cache.

1 Like

100% agree with this. I feel like they’re like doing Normal mode at the appropriate levels (85-90). I much prefer Cata over MOP.

1 Like

I find this dumb too.

4 Likes

You can always tell who played BC and who hasn’t when TW BC comes up.

8 Likes

I Just tanked my 1st two, Im pretty well geared as well as my Guildies. We got Magisters terrace and Arcatraz. They take alittle over an hour each. I think they are doable with a death or 2, But I cant imagine doing these with ilvl 370 toons. The Trash has abit too much hit points, Now We have to get through 3 more, looking at atleast 4 hours more.

1 Like

No. They should be fun and nostalgic, like they were in Legion. Now with the scaling changes they’re just not worth the time it takes to slog through them.

11 Likes

I have to agree that the rewards for TW are a bit off. At least last expac we got a reroll token out of it. I’m not saying it should reward heroic raid level loot, but running 5 TW dungeons requires far more effort than AFKing a world boss in dark shore.

I get that loot isn’t guaranteed from the world boss, but TW isn’t up that often either so . . .

1 Like