BC Timewalking Overtuned

Last month was Timewalking for Pandaria. I tanked it on my druid, pulling as I usually pull in a timewalking dungeon. Chain-pulling multiple packs. No stopping. No problems. Everything was smooth.

This week is Burning Crusade. Tanks are getting trucked pulling one pack at a time. Bosses are taking longer to kill. Where did this difficulty come from? It hasn’t existed since TW was originally released. Everything used to be faceroll.

My issue isn’t that the dungeons are more difficult. I actually like that part. It’s that the rewards do not match up with the level of difficulty. It’s like doing a M+ and receiving heroic dungeon gear.

Now I know you will all say “just don’t do timewalking.” Don’t worry! I plan on doing exactly that. I just think Blizzard should know their content is out of whack in hopes that they fix it by either adjusting the difficulty or adjusting the rewards.

74 Likes

This is how it was in TBC.

81 Likes

I know.

My point is it’s never been this difficult as a TW dungeon, and it is way harder than Pandaria TW. Yet, Pandaria TW and BC TW give the same level of rewards.

7 Likes

This, yes.

Burning Crusade dungeons hated your guts on Heroic, and they weren’t afraid to tell you that with hefty repair bills.

H SLabs still makes me shudder.

34 Likes

TBC heroics were actually much deadlier than their timewalking counterparts.

43 Likes

Idk how it’s harder tbh, most of the abilitys were removed, saw acouple bosses that had 2 abilitys compared to their original form. TW isn’t hard, mostly just tank and spanks.
But yeah in tbc it was difficult but awesome.

1 Like

I leveled my monk healer entirely through timewalking. Tons of XP. I only had issues with one tank, that was bad. Other than that? I did not experience my tanks getting rolled.

2 Likes

This is also true. The game in general was just more brutal at the time.

7 Likes

Yeah, I stopped doing Timewalking along time ago. The Rewards as you mentioned are horribly low. And the difficulty in general is way too high anymore. I think they screwed up the difficulty on those in WoD, and they just haven’t been worth it since.

18 Likes

lmao no

11 Likes

I think they’ve been fine and I’ve been having fun. And the nostalgia is great. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oh lord I remember that place, took the average ungeared dungeon group about 2 hours to complete it back in BC.

Especially that room full of demons and Cabal Zealots…

BfA Dungeons are quick and easy in comparison :persevere:

5 Likes

And heaven forbid anyone not know their way around the place or stand in the wrong location. Damn near every pack in there had a Fear, and you’d inevitably end up instagibbed by a huge group of mobs.

4 Likes

Maybe this is a course correction, then. Personally, I have way more probs with pugs and mechanics in Cata Timewalking.

Well, TBC, WotLK and Cata dungeons do not have Mythic. That why, it is going to be harder and some require CC also interrupts. MoP and WoD dungeons is okay.

1 Like

102.4 baby!

1 Like

they are overturned; a lot of the debuffs mobs apply don’t take the squish into consideration, so something removing armor can bring you down to 0 armor and near impossible to heal

the meteror damage of the mob in arcatraz is def too high; if even one person isn’t stacked, the group is getting hit hard and you always have some GD player not stacking.

the crab boss in slave pens also does far too much damage when he enrages and will kill a tank if they aren’t able to kite. i was playing a DH and knew of the mechanic but something slower would just get killed in a few swings.

12 Likes

If you think time walking is overtuned, just wait for classic. you’ll see really easy dungeons then! Trust me. Is this a face that lies?

5 Likes

I disagree, every single time BC comes up in the rotation the forums are packed with people complaining that it’s too hard because they don’t want to take a few minutes to understand how BC dungeons work.

23 Likes

I think the reasons why I had such an easy time doing my 4 runs was because I was offhealing, stunning, interrupting and removing curses.

It wasn’t cool to have dps queue timers, but at least I got it done.