BC Timewalking Overtuned

I cleared the quest in less than an hour. Only did with 1 friend that also had a TW set. Each dungeons took about 10mins and with instaqueue because I was tank.

2 Likes

Also Warlocks have Banish which…hits most things in all the dungeons. Especially Arcatraz.

1 Like

Goodness I wish I had a Warlock in Arc. It was a slog even if it went as well as it could.

Being able to CC parts of the trash in the 1st boss room would have made the pulls so much easier.

1 Like

“Banishes an enemy Demon, Aberration, or Elemental, preventing any action for 30 sec.”

Limited use there.

1 Like

I don’t think any of the big demons are banishable in Arc. The slimes might be.

I will do it regardless, eventually. I have my time walking set for this. Mop cape, shadowmorne, legion leggos. My trinket and belt choices I made to use even though I have better item level ones in my bag but that’s off topic.

To answer your question it is 385 loot for one piece after doing 5 dungeons. The gear that drops isn’t as high and the vendor gear is worse.

My issue isn’t that cc is bad or not but for the rewards they don’t match the difficulty. This is the exact same argument made for cc back when cata dungeons were first released and those had to be nerfed to the ground. Because saying on this fight. “Just two heal it” isn’t a strategy that the lfd can come up with.

1 Like

Most mobs in the BC dungeons are Demons. That is why I mentioned it. Almost every mob in Arcatraz can be banished if they can be CC’ed at all.

No release 5man content in Cata needed to be two-healed. Yes the heroics required doing the mechanics and generally avoiding the bad, but those same skills were used in raiding for BWD and BoT.

imho The difficulty of Cata heroics led a lot of people to be more prepared for raiding becuause there were no steps between until 4.3.

The average gear that drops is 365 which is great for new 120 that have their gear scaled down anyway (making equipped ilv not matter), the Normal BDA item is just a bonus at the end.

I don’t agree that the rewards need to be increased for Timewalking, it’s already better than BFA Heroics and the items from Timewalking can still Warforge and Titanforge so there may even be upgrades compared to BDA LFR.

I think the rewards are decent for the time invested.

1 Like

Throngus did in cata and harbrinfer skyriss in bc had two healing strats at launch actually.

As for the gear that drops, that’s less than doing a warfront in darkshore which is way easier. I didn’t think the rewards should go up. Only that the content should be nerfed for the rewards it gives.

ONly thing I noticed. especially in area 52 dungeons, they hitting let trucks. My tank, not that under geared(371). So it should not be a problem. the only other one is Sunwell one.

Alcatraz was a BC launch dungeon and the room with the void walkers had to be cleared to get keyed for Kara as you had to loot an urn in that room.

It was designed to be a massive pain in the butt because clearing the dungeon on normal was the final preraid gearing check.

2 Likes

Using full legendary armor, tank overall pulls too much and I’m stuck running back in arc with 2 archers left alive spawning adds. Funsies! I’d rather shovel 10 foot snow banks. Spending my time outside instead lol :joy: here’s a shovel full of yellow snow. That weekly isn’t worth it.

1 Like

Burning crusade heroic is harder just like it was back then. Just like cata dungeons are a lot harder both normal and timewalking

5 Likes

Not if the group followed the mechanics and the tank anticipated damage spikes.

I may be thinking of the wrong dungeon. The three ‘ships’ around Tempest Keep were part of the tier 4 content along with KT and Gruul irrc. While available they weren’t ‘introduction’ Heroics like we have now.

If I remember right the only Heroics that could be done at BC launch (or within 2-4 months after) were the Serpent and Orc ones? (it’s been a long time since I did them as current content)

The only dungeon introducted post launch in BC was Magister’s Terrace.

3 Likes

I know that most content even the three tiers of raiding were available at launch, what I was talking about was the ability to get the keys to do the attunements etc to get into the raids.

Some of the requirements to get into the tier 5 and tier 6 related Heroics from BC needed you to complete things that couldn’t be done with the gear available at launch or a couple months after.

That’s why people had to grind in Normals and tier 4 and even then Kara had it’s gear buffed to be better than some of the Heroic 5man loot that people were getting.

Like I said it’s been a massive amount of time (I’m 28 now, I was messing with BC things on my brother’s accont when I was 13-14) but I don’t recall people just jumping into the three ship instances around KT.

1 Like

If a healer gets randomly impaled twice in a row they die through the stun. That’s not a ltp issue. And why two healers were a viable strat so people wouldnt wipe. Not to mention the boss was overtuned at launch as well like most of cata before the massive nerfs.

This one example is the type of situation these bc timewalking problems are coming across and why they should be looked at. Bornak even asked if there was any thing that should be looked at.(there are) Hitting enrage on an lfd dungeon and giving less item level gear than a warfront, yes that needs to be looked at.

1 Like

That’s because M+ is still pull giant packs and just AoE everything down.

But Pandaria Timewalking is such a bore. Why would you endorse it?

This is also a problem. They should give us Heroic not Normal loot.

Sorry, you’re remembering incorrectly then. The Tempest Keep instances were needed for Kara Attunement, so were not obviously intended to be done later in progression. There was no “tier” of heroics. All heroics in BC only required the appropriate faction reputation to purchase the key for them (with the exception of MT, which you did a quest of finishing normal to unlock heroic)

1 Like