BC Classic release date?

With Naxx starting in 2 weeks and expected to have a content lifetime of 6 months (on average) when can we expect to see BC Classic release?

Timing would have it that Classics major content releases end in June of next year, so could we expect to see BC Classic sometime during the fall of 2021 or very early 2022?

I hear that we may be getting fresh classic servers before TBC.

Blizz doesn’t have to follow that schedule. I assume an announcement at Blizzcon with beta in spring so earliest would be June. But by wnd of 2021 is best quess

last tier of each expansion is 10 to 14 months long so assuming it’s announced next year, sometime in 2022.

Lolwut? Even the first time around TBC launched like 6 months after Naxx, and that was with a delay.

3 Likes

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade It was announced on 28 October 2005 and released on 16 January 2007 in North America, Europe, and Australia; 2 February 2007 in Korea; 3 April 2007 in Taiwan and Hong Kong; and 6 September 2007 in mainland China.

that’s 14 months.

edit: and it won’t be announced until Blizzcon.

Feb 2021 + 14 months = April 2022.
math.

3 Likes

You’re really trying to compare the original announcement to TBC’s launch and think the timeframe will be the same with Classic TBC? Ok, no way this isn’t a troll.

Anyway, OP it will almost certainly be announced at Blizzcon. Launch maybe 3 months after that I’d guess. Looking late spring or early summer 2021.

4 Likes

i see no counterargument beyond the ad hominem…

I’m expecting some kind of announcement at blizzcon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s followed closely by a beta and then a launch date around when classic launched, so september i think? That would be almost 2 years of classic and 9 months of Naxx which is plenty.

2 Likes

I logged into Classic yesterday for the first time since August and it was a ghost town (in comparison to before).

Shadowlands would play a big role in this however the game is definitely nearing its end. If a retail expansion lasts 2 years on average then the same formula would apply for Classic.

you mean 4 days

1 Like

We really have no idea, best to just wait for the announcement.

Q4 2021. It won’t be 2022

lmao yeah blizz is gonna let us rot in naxx for 10+ months before releasing TBC
definitely
lol

3 Likes

it’s just plug and play right?

surely they don’t have to re-design and re-balance every ouce of the game to account for modern addons and player habits.

I believe Blizzard could launch TBC servers tomorrow if they really wanted. They’ve said they’ve already done ‘the hard part’ with Classic, and that TBC will be easier to launch. So I think the determining factor in when they’ll release TBC is: how long they want players in Naxx. That’s where my guesses come from. I have a hard time thinking it’ll be longer than it was in '06-07…which was about 7 months. Everything so far has been a little faster than what happened back then, so why would suddenly it go in the opposite direction?

There is an argument a lot of people say players didn’t have enough time in Naxx before TBC released, and I don’t disagree with that. Maybe Blizz doesn’t want to make that same ‘mistake’ again. But 7 months now is not like it was then. Way more guilds are ready for Naxx. They know all the mechanics, they have the strategies down pact. It’s going to be farmed relatively quickly.

Long way of saying I’m thinking about 6 months after Naxx drops TBC will launch. I’m looking June-July next year. Announce at Blizzcon along with a Beta very soon afterward.

1 Like

Saying it hasn’t even been announced yet, don’t expect it at all. You’re just setting yourself up for disappointment

Not really because it will be announced.
That’s pretty certain.
This is a company that loves money and they know tbc will bring them a ton.
I’d say it will be announced for this live Blizzcon thing they are going to do.
Prob wont get a release date for it till next Blizzcon tho.

1 Like

But it’s not yet. Expect the worst, hope for the best. If you “know” BC is gunna be announced at blizzcon next year, and it’s not, your gunna be on this very forum making a post about how blizz “broke their promise”. There’s no point in speculating on a release date for something that isn’t even announced yet.

2 Likes

Anyone’s guess is a good one, I think BC will probably be announced at Blizzcon…but I really don’t have a good guess when it’ll release. Because of Blizzard’s release history I have a feeling it’ll take a year after announcement. However, we’re not talking about a normal expansion here, we’re talking about a re-release, but it’s still gonna take an expansions worth of work because it like classic has to be remade from scratch it’s just easy to do expansions now because they’ve got the base game running. Who knows really. I’d honestly be amazed if it hasn’t already been in the works shortly after Classic released.