Battle.net still loops updates on all my games

It’s been like 3 weeks lol.

Re install ?

Tried reinstalling the app and Hearthstone. Hearthstone still updates and wow still does because its been untouched.

No not the app, the app and the games… delete the games from hard drive then reinstall / download

you tried scan and repair?

i did reinstall hearthstone after i reinstalled the app and its still having the issue. and yeah the scan and repair says no problems detected.

you take a look over here?

forums are really janky for me right now so I can’t jump to the blue posts to see if it’s been fixed.

but browse the tech support forums and see if you can dig anything up if you haven’t already looked.

1 Like

The blue post replied once saying theyre looking into the issue and then apparently 2 days ago on the blizz cs twitter they said it was fixed in an update, but theres still quite a few people seeing the issue.

2 Likes

it’s a known issue by blizzard that doesn’t affect all people. I turned off all my notifications so I don’t get the “WoW started an updated” “PTR started an update” “WoW classic started an update”, etc…

1 Like

I hope that blizzard makes some kind of statement on some thread that they’re still aware of this issue, because currently the most recent post I can find about it makes it seem like they think the issue is resolved.

Then maybe you should drop a post on the support forum to let them know it’s not.

was getting the same thing on both pcs- I uninstalled tbc classic and classic - that stopped it

That worked for me too. Uninstalled classic

I don’t have classic installed but maybe I should just bite the bullet and uninstall wow, even though I don’t know how that will stop hearthstone’s updates. And I already tried uninstalling hearthstone.

Same thing happens to me, I’m not uninstalling classic though lol so my solution is to have a link directly to the wow exe file in the retail folder on my taskbar. If I click that the “Update” changes back to “Play” and I can play like normal again.

-Edit-
After the wow client is launched like that then I use the Bnet client to launch another window and close the first one :+1:

This issue is still occurring for me lol.

I still have the issue as well. Last I saw people were saying it was the latest Windows update that caused it.

There has been a lot of those little bugs since 9.1.5.

Anyone else getting a double listing for each dungeon/raid application?

Sometimes yeah. Sometimes I see the same carry website linked twice, not like another ad, but the same character listed at the same time ads.

Yeah its weird. I thought it was due to a windows update cuz it started at the same time as the update, but I know people on mac with the issue, so unless there was some weird new update to both OS around the same time it doesn’t really add up.