Battle.net forum format

Perhaps but if you are right then Blizzard should zap them

If Blizzard sides with the person you reported, and doesnt ban them… look out, because you just found out you were wrong

And in 2023 OH MY GOD IM WRONG WHAT IS HAPPENING I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS lololol

You can’t hear the forum from a yacht.

This was the hardest line all day.

I noticed that. I don’t understand the anger at all.

3 Likes

Well, we know who raist is, not sure if Justin’s been in one of these topics before.

1 Like

Seems like his post count is mostly from this topic so he’s an alt of some regular.

1 Like

Real men show their BattleTags before they duel on the forums.

If you report me tell me

Because if i dont get banned im firing right back at you.

Which is fine, after all, no one knows what reasons some have for switching toons.

FF14 you don’t have to switch.

Alts are built into WoW’s normal gameplay.

Justin is totally right about this. You have been posting here long enough to come across a post that has been flagged and you know that it shouldnt have, everyone denies flagging it.

Like yea I have already admitted I flagged the last thread about this. This one I did not report because it was this posters first ever time posting this and he did it in a slightly different manner, he also hasn’t been posting on it. So it is not spam, it is not trolling. None of that. he stated an idea which he is allowed to do. If he makes this exact same thread again before this one is capped out, r locked out, or deleted, then I will report that extra one as spam. But as it stands, when I report someone I say when and why I did it.

The dislikes got removed almost exactly around the time period when WoW merged logins with Facebook. Coincidence.? I think not. Dislikes need to come back, flagging should be removed as it is abused tremendously.

Multiple gay pride threads are flagged within seconds. The legit ones that are harmless. Not talking about the Talan tul threads. Other threads as well get flagged and greyed out when they shouldnt.

Blizzard used to have the old dislike system, to where if a post got enough dislikes it would auto grey out and would then work the same as it had been flagged. Hearts came in and dislikes got removed the second Blizz began working using logins with Facebook.

1 Like

Explain to me why I should take someone seriously who can’t spell ‘character’ and also doesn’t know the difference between ‘then’ and ‘than’. I’ll wait. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

What KIND of WATER are you?

Has the same set up I later suggested

Maybe not those exact ones, but still more then like/dislike. I am also on other sites that use Discourse, the ones behind the forum style here, for discussion and they at least have likes/dislikes for posts.

I am one that wore the dislikes I got with pride, as it meant I got through to some and maybe rocked their world or made them question what they thought/knew in ways they did not like.

I think the dislikes were removed because people kept spamming them to get posts buried, I would make it so that either does not happen or likes/dislikes are tied to account.

The evaporational kind. Come on man, get with the program here.

1 Like

You completely miss the point man.

I dont care if somebody is bad or not, if someone is trying to get me into a bad faith argument or try to get under my skin, I have the right to ignore you and not talk to you and it means making the ignore function in the WoW forums account wide to prevent ignore evasion.

4 Likes

That can be done without adding battletags. But as I have said it before, just make it so that there is zero toon poster switching. That everyone can post on one toon and one toon only. If the game were more fun I think I would actually be playing it instead of posting here. Ill go play SCII now. K bye.

If things like ignores, likes, dislikes, post count, etc are account wide, what does it matter if people switch characters to post? They can even set it up so the Btags are not shown/used and do everything backend/behind the scenes.

I just consider the no alt switching to be a nuclear option that is overkill due to the nature of wow forums. I have been on the forums long enough to know that:

1. links can and will be ignored
  2. people will use whatever they can to discredit others, some still say things like "post on your x (x being class)… Your no alt hopping will just fuel people who discredit as the toon is not the class being discussed.

It matters tremendously cuz I am sick and tired of so many of you complaining about people alt swapping. And I don’t like being accused of posting on a Classic alt either.

I had 5k posts on my toon before post count reset. This is not my posting alt. If we cannot switch toons, people will stop accusing me of posting on a Classic alt and then people call me an alt posting Classic troll sock puppet who is switching back and forth to multiple toons here. That is not the case. If we can never switch alts, I will never be accused of that.

This is something we also think that tying everything to a battle tag would solve. You have 1 post history, 1 set of likes/flags, 1 trust level, no matter what toon you post on.

5 Likes

As far as I go, I don’t accuse people of such, I am more likely to try and accuse them of alt hopping to try and get me to engage or respond to them when I have them on ignore.

I too have lost post counts due to count resets, caused by changing servers, yet I have NEVER been accused of alt hopping on this toon. I am also normally open about when I do change characters outside my normal reasons.

I think you just fell victim to a form of “if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…” After all, most of us that want btags could care less about what toon you post on, it is just the apparent reasons you are doing so that we object to, in my eyes you are not a classic sock puppet troll, a troll maybe, but not a classic sock puppet one (most classic toons say wow classic you don’t have that). The most I can accuse you of, outside of trolling, is not playing that character since Wrath as current retail cap is 70 and 80 is the cap in wrath classic/was the cap in wrath.