Battle.net forum format

Are you still in middle school?

This is a game for 13 year olds.

In the mega thread that got locked and delisted I said I was changing to this toon for Btag related things as my normal posting toon has a name that some against Btags (not you in particular, again just stating what I did based on experiences) use to troll me.

Most of my posting is done on one toon, my paladin, the main times I switch are for:

1. RP related things (there is an RP section of the forums)
  2. class discussions
  3. fun topics, like rate xmog

There are reasons some may post on alts, one of them being so people don’t try to derail topics based on the class or reputation of the poster, or at least the reputation of the toon used to post.

Again though, it is not alt posting people have issues with in and of itself, it is when people alt hop to try and get someone who is ignoring them to respond to them. To put it another way:

1. I get tired of dealing with x so I stop responding to them, and maybe place them on my ignore list (to make it easier to ignore them)
  2. they notice me not responding to them so x so they change to y and post in the hopes I will respond/engage with them, if I placed them on my ignore list the new toon is visible to me.

In essence the only part we disagree on is the no all switching, as some may have personal reasons to do such, reasons you or I may not know. It is just when those reasons appear to be to circumvent ignores that sets ones like me off. However, truthfully, outside of the RP section I could be convinced on the no alt switching if people did not look for anything they could use to discredit or troll the poster.

As far as your character name disappearing? I am among those that sees a format like

1. character + server
  2. level/race/class
  3. Btag (could be partial, requiring mouse over for full)
  4. post count for the accent
  5. and any other information Blizzard deems needed

Not really. If someone reports postings against the rules they might get banned.
I don’t know how you want to define ‘bad’ though.
We should have the option to ignore the person making the posts and it doesn’t effect the person we ignore at all.
It’s even less likely they’ll end up getting reported if more people choose not to see their posts.

exactly.
Most of my posts in one thread they had were restored. They werent flagging over violations but because they dont like being disagreed with.
I’ll agree entirely to Btags in here the very second that moderation starts brutally punishing flag abuse with BANS

Lol i cant

I have actually said those ones are. I have posted on them and even said that on one of them. I never said those ones were not. I infact stated the opposite when I posted on one and said it was spam. I quit posting on them. The majority did not want them. It is the very vocal minority that keeps posting back to back saying that they do want them. With dislikes removed from the forums, now no one can see just how many people disagree with these ideas.

1 Like

Authoritarians gonna authoritarian. They will never stop until all opposing thoughts are shamed and banned.

1 Like

Blizzard

Maybe we wouldnt be so feisty here

If you would just give us more battlegrounds

IN THE GAME!

I wouldn’t care if they showed when I reported someone.

I kind of like the idea.

1 Like

I’m just trying to find out what good they think it will do.

2 Likes

Those who are flagged

Should get to know who their accuser is.

Guys, these are alts of some really angry people. Look at the patterns. Leave them be. :unamused:

2 Likes

This would be a great addition to adding BattleTags to this forum.

If you get reported

The BattleTag of the person who reported you

Should be shown on your screen

So you know who they are.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out if this is just an overdeveloped sense of vengeance, or if they want to scare people off reporting to protect the people who want to break the rules.

Those people should be banned.

Back on the paladin, for the time being.

Instead of showing who flagged you, why not just bring back dislikes so people don’t use the flag for things they dislike? I mean they could even just add a react button and have you choose from like, dislike, love, hate and thinking.

1 Like

They could do nothing.

How about that?

But don’t you think that potentially being forced to put yourself to the person who you think is breaking toe rules or harassing you as the one. Who reported them could have a chilling effect on posters?