Battle.net forum format

Yikes an alt.

First of all, if you are using real names or iterations of it as your public identity when playing Blizzard games, change it asap, you have a free btag change.

Second of all you are comparing apples and oranges, Real ID and Btags are NOT the same thing, read the support articles of Real ID and Btags please.

6 Likes

In addition there are now griefers causing havoc on HC Classic, sniping streamers and players.

…and you want to give them public Btags?

1 Like

And it is always highly recommended to never use your real name as your BTag nickname. In your account settings, it simply states, and I’ll quote:

This name is your public identity in Blizzard games. The number next to your BattleTag is called your BattleTag Code. Your friends can use your BattleTag and BattleTag Code to find you on Battle.net Services.

Even from Blizzard Support

A BattleTag™ is a player-chosen nickname that identifies your Battle.net account in our games, websites, community forums, and more. Only one BattleTag can be associated with a Battle.net account.

You mean with RealID back in the days that the community backlashed against? Apples and Oranges.

And also keep in mind, all other Blizzard forums, uses BattleTags.

6 Likes

No one wants realID, but I will admit I am concerned about Blizzard doing something like Btags for trust level 3 and realID for everyone else due to realID being mentioned because people keep mixing up the 2.

I don’t know Blizzard seems to purposely not acknowledge issues and doesn’t implement easy solutions so overall it feels like endorse a toxic environment.

• When you block an individual it should block the entire account.

• When you turn off guild notifications it should be all notifications. Achievements included.

Like the list can go on and on here. Yet they have never done any of these things… so it’s pretty questionable. More so when it has been requested in the past.

I was getting severe sexual harassment yesterday. Today I am getting demoralization and Blizzard I just want to play your game. So like… why haven’t you addressed any of these issues? More so when it isn’t the first request…

As for this whole tag push they keep trying to put on here. I don’t think there is very many people left… so this idea is alright.

Is this why there isn’t very many people left on the forum anymore? I don’t know. Were they all harassed off… possibility. This has been an ongoing issue for years and still even the smallest tweaks haven’t been addressed. Let alone this bnet tag topic.

Can Blizzard get in trouble for negligence or what? From ignoring several complaints.

Nope. I only had one stalker on forums ever and I called them out when they did it to me. They stopped right then and there. Every single post I ever made ever, they were first to reply. We were on the same server.

Like when someone gets mad at me for taking more than 30 seconds to reply to a post on their thread… that is kinda stalking behavior. As like I go away for a few hours, come back then reply, they begin to reply the second I am back then yea that is someone who sat their click refreshing the forum for a few hours straight just waiting for a reply.
You got to be the one to end the discussion with them and quit replying to them.

No that doesnt happen. Everyone knows who everyone is here. Not like I would be capable of making an alt right now that is a toon with a name just like yours with an alt code in the name and then say I am you and be able to get away with it. That really doesnt happen here. Everyone I have ever seen alt posting to try and troll always get spotted immediately and then get called out by the community and they get put in their place and stop posting the second people quit replying to them.

No. Flat out lie. I will give you 1 million gold if you are able to stalk me on the forums by doing what you say. You wont cuz you know it cant be done. There are dozens of people here who have the addon that tracks forum alts. Ever notice how so often a random poster will come and troll, their first ever time posting on that toon… and the first ever post on their thread will be “Welcome back” and then they call that poster by their original poster name? Yea. Tracking poster alts is pretty easy.

And if someone really wants to troll you that bad to the point to where they are stalking you nonstop with an army of forum alts… nothing is to stop them from making a brand new bnet account and stalking you that way. Lots of us here have IP tracing as well as alt tracers so your theory is actually a conspiracy theory.

This is the EXACT reason why these forums need to have dislikes brought back. If all you get is upvotes then it leaves the false impression that everyone is in agreement with you. You would probably have about 150 to 200 or more dislikes on this thread seeing as way more people have vied this and have disagreed than have liked it.

You people are never going to stop spamming these posts until you learn that the majority disagrees with you.

Um…what? You were all for all these thread and never called a single one when your friend was posting these back to back but now when this guy does it even one single time he is spamming?

Threads requesting HC servers are 10x more posted and that is never been called spam by you. It is only spam when you dont like the poster. And you even raged at me and called me a troll last time and told people to block me and ignore me last time I said I didnt want this.

This is his first ever time making a thread like this. You call it spam. That other person did it over half a dozen time, you never once called that spam.

Kind of strange that anyone wants any form of out of game exposure on the WoW forums. Counter some toxicity, create entirely new methods of creating it. I can’t help but wonder if this is a troll’s idea backed by their alts

2 Likes

They should just not allow us to switch posting alts. There is zero reason to do that, EVER. You want to show off a mog? Link your armory. You want to post on a specific toon in PvP forums that can do arenas and the such, link your armory. I can not think of one single reason why anyone should ever have to change their posting toon on here EVER. Last time I ever posted on my old posting toon, I announced that this would be my new posting toon and I have never switched back to that one. This is mine permanently.

This toon has been faction changing and server hopping non stop because I cant find almost anyone to play with in WoTLK so I have moved all over the place. My post count resets when I do that but I always say it is me 100% of the time.

And honestlty…if someone is this afraid of being stalked by an alt on the forum… then they really shouldn’t be on here truth be told.

2 Likes

I am going to call BS on this, as while we might have more dislikes, unless likes are tied to account, one can dislike on one toon, hop and dislike it again.

You people are never going to stop claiming majority until you learn that the only reason you have a majority is possibly because people can toon hop and like (or dislike if those come back) and flag posts on different toons as each toon is 1 account.

Why? some might have issues with linking the armory or it is just easier for them to switch toons.

And here you have it folks, those against Btags want to take away your ability to switch toons, while those of us on the proside want you to keep that ability for times it makes sense. All we object to is people using alts to get around ignores.

2 Likes

What you describe sounds more like trolling than bonafide stalking. Stalkers engage in a sustained campaign of continued unwanted contact limited only by their physical ability to do so. Stalkers do not listen to reason and interpret even extremely negative attention as a green light to continue to engage in unwanted contact with the victim. For example, restraining orders do not deter stalkers and usually serve to escalate their behavior. The best way to deal with stalking in general in a community is to make it prohibitively difficult to attempt.

It’s good that the player who harassed you learned their lesson or grew bored and desisted from the unwanted behavior. However, it is not true stalking, and it would be inappropriate and inaccurate to extrapolate from one person’s experience that everyone’s experience is the same or similar.

3 Likes

Doesnt matter how many flag it. A flag is a flag. If one flag gets submitted and the post stays up, it will always do so no matter the amount of flags that it gets. 100% of the btag forum spam has all come from Ayukama here and they have posted this topic back to back to back multiple times, have had it locked, and then deleted, denied that it got deleted and then they go and spam this again. Them and Mira are the main two people who keep posting these back to back.

I mean if these people are truly this afraid of someone trolling them with an alt on a forum that they have the choice to not even respond to, then they really should even be on any public message board. These people quite obviously have a phobia, a very highly irrational and extremely overwhelming fear that everyone on here is a potential troll and is out to stalk them. They have been at this for months now and all it does is create an argument. I am really annoyed with this non stop spam.

I already said once before, Blizzard should make it to where you have one posting toon ONLY. Zero need to switch ever. You want to look for a group on a certain toon of yours using the forum? Then link that toons armory. You want to do a mog off, then link the armory. No reason whatsoever why anyone ever needs to change their posting toons.

And you know what Blizzard should do that some other MMOs do with their forums? Make it so that if you scroll over any posters profile pic, you can see a dropdown selection of 100% of every toon they have ever posted on.

Either do that or stop letting us switch posting toons, and Blizzard needs to fix the glitch to where are post count resets with name change and all that. I dont hide behind name changes.

1 Like

Pretty sure the people with the irrational and extremely overwhelming fear are the ones that think you can find out someone’s entire life history from posting as this: Tovi #11582

If people truly think this then they shouldn’t be posting on a public message board.

4 Likes

Each time this topic has been posted has been because the last one got locked and delisted.

The last huge one did not get deleted, it got delisted: The World of Warcraft Forums should use BattleTags as well - #14455 by Citlalli-bloodhoof

You might consider it spam, but Blizzard does not, and the topics are often closed not cause they are spam but because certain people keep trying to drag it down by spreading misinformation.

6 Likes

Yea well I actually like you as a poster I think most people do too. It would be very evil for someone to try to violate your privacy by attempting to do so.

There are more than just those few and most of us know it. We have been seeing this spam for months now. And even look at earlier comments saying as such.

I do not understand why you people live in such a state of irrational fear that you honestly think that there is an army of alts out there to stalk you here on the forums. You got a stalker, ignore them. Not by blocking them, you just dont reply. They will leave you alone. See someone like Tovi above me has an actual thicker skin so they will not resort to personal insults when they get upset like you did by saying I am spreading misinformation. Some of these threads have been deleted. It is a well known fact. One of them even complained that they did not want another to be deleted.

See? Look what Tovi did. They actually lead by example. You do not. Their first ever reply to me here was very respectful and also they even gave out their btag which you did not. Which makes you a hypocrite. The fact that they did it, very first post to me and you keep posting to me and still havent…kinda says something about your character. Now Ayu is replying to me

1 Like

Are you trolling or what? I’ve only done 2 threads, 1 locked, other deleted after the first being locked. Other threads are not mine.

4 Likes

Privacy is a right. Is this a generational thing? You young-ings must be used to having data taken and no privacy these days.

1 Like

Good thing BTags doesn’t evade any privacy… Otherwise, why isn’t it within the Private Policy

3 Likes

Yet as soon as you find one of these threads, you post on it non stop. So no. I am no trolling. I said one was locked… got called a liar… said one was deleted…got called a lair.

You just confirmed to me that what I said was true because you admitted it yourself. You were not the one who called me a liar about that though. It was someone else but still.

Me saying 100% of this is linked to you is true. You are on 100% of these threads. You either make them, or contribute to nonstop spam posting on them. Either way, you have the largest presence for the btag movement of any of the posters out there.

2 Likes

Excuse me? did I call you out by by name or did I just say that certain people tried to drag the topics down by spreading misinformation. I was just stating what happened to those topics, Ones like Tovi, who you cite, know not to take thigns personally unless they are called out personally.

My Btag can be found in old topics, but currently I see it as something only I or Blizzard has any business posting on the forums, if Blizzard decides to show Btags, I’ll not object. I also post mine off the forums in case someone on those sites wants to add me as a Btag friend.

The fact I have made the choice not to share my btag on this topic, and that you have to call it out, shows more about your character.

As a note, I am just one that sees Btags as the low hanging fruit for ways they can make the forums better, what I want can be summed up as the following:

1. Account wide ignore (as in I can ignore all toons from one account on all my toons)
  2. one account, 1 voice, flags, post history, trust level, etc are all based on account, not toon.

Well, no, not exactly. Yes, I do post in this thread, but guess what, so does a lot of people. It doesn’t make it spam.

I’ve just said I made 2 threads total on the topic. There was way more than 2 threads total on the topic. And your words exactly:

Considering the Mega Thread had what, over 14k post, in which, only about just over 1k were mine alone, along with a lot of people who posted and participated in that thread… Yeah, good job accusing someone of being a spammer when you got your facts wrong.

Just because someone participates in a thread on the forums, doesn’t mean they are a spammer.

4 Likes