Battle.net forum format

I don’t really know them as well. That is why I said a feeling.

It has been getting down as low as the low 50’s, though last weekend, we had a pretty bad cold snap where it snowed in areas where it wouldn’t normally snow. Though only out in the Blue Mountains.

1 Like

Just saying I can compromise and allow B-tags if the ignore function actually works fully. I don’t want to “allow a debate” (that I can’t see) with someone I’ve already ignored.

Yes, this.

It’s possible with or without them, be insulted all you want.

1 Like

But if they’re a friend, what’s wrong with adding them to your friend’s list…?

The problem is people here are set on having the last word, especially to trolls because something inside them tells them that they must battle against a "troll’ and win instead of just simply disengaging the conversation. Way too many times that people will publicly announce they ignored someone and then reply to them and argue. It’s a need for some reason. They can’t help it.

This whole thing is widely inflated to make it seem like it’s a massive issue when again, a blue said there wasn’t as many people doing this as others think. It’s a fear that should not be existing in these people right now.

Heard it from the Blue. Now you guys can rest easy.

3 Likes

It was explained to you that the blue post you quoted is also because there is no better recourse the way the WoW forums work now. That would be fixed if we went to Battle Tags or at least an option to account wide ignore.

I think you’re the only one who imagines anyone is inflating the problem.
We believe it’s a problem, not saying anything else.

Let’s not leave out the entire quote here.

I’m pretty sure that Vrak also said that the blues from CS don’t normally stray over to GD. I’ll try to find that quote.

So how often does he go to the GD and check for sock puppets? Every day? Every week? Every month? This quote isn’t the Bible you’re looking for, mate.

2 Likes

Thank you for adding that as it only furthers that this isn’t a huge problem. Good job.

1 Like

Again, it doesn’t prove anything unless you can get Vrak to tell you how often he checks for sock puppets.

I really don’t believe this is the win you want it to be.
If there’s a way to fix problems on the forums, large or small, why not ask for them?

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from The forum still allow sock puppeting:

You realise that people who did not go for Battle tags have offered an alternative in which was repeatedly shot down and/or ignored by the supporters. So do not lie, it’s Battletags or nothing.

1 Like

And your point? Because that goes along with my point.

They look into it when it’s reported. There’s no button for “sock puppeting.” So again, how often are they looking for it?

1 Like

You can report for trolling. People assume someone is a sock puppet when the real deal is it’s someone with an opposing opinion so they are branded as such. I highly doubt they’re going to go around and search for alt hoppers especially if they’re not too disruptive and will focus on the ones that are breaking the rules. There are no rules for changing your alts. Blizzard also probably expects people to act with civility and not like this.

3 Likes

omg.
I’m not lying but you sure are trying to be antagonistic.
Some people want Battle tags and some are willing to look at more than one option.
Stop trying to generalize everyone who supports Btags.

1 Like

There’s no way to report someone who is talking to themselves liking their own posts, etc. It’s frustrating.

2 Likes

But it’s okay to generalize and lump those against it as trolls?

2 Likes

If people did that and you think it’s wrong why are you doing it then?

1 Like

I have honestly only seen ONE person who supports this that has not been terrible and that is the green title poster. The only one I’ve seen from the opposing side that was a nuisance was the Undead person. The rest of you are ready and waiting with pitchforks for the opposing side and consistently belittled and harassed the opposition time and time again. Your crusade is failing you and this is why this thread will be nuked again.

1 Like

I may have never noticed this before, but when you’re looking at your forum profile and mouse over your portrait, it pops up with the option to pick your avatar. (There are no avatar options when you click on it)

Is this a sign that things are moving in the right direction…or an old feature I never noticed before?

Just more unfounded personal attacks.
It’s this kind of thing that is just concerning.
Maybe you have this perception for whatever reason, but it’s wrong.

Except no, you can see what the btag is as soon as you send the request, even if you do it by clicking on their name in game.

1 Like