Battle.net forum format

That seems new to me. I only noticed it last week I think.

1 Like

Just so you know, this hypothetical block would be easily defeated by logging out and looking at the post that way.

I have argued with many anti btaggers, I have not resorted to harassment or belittlement to them.

Many of us have but eventually it gets to a point where no matter how much they are told to stop spreading misinformation about btags being private info, told to back up their claims or how hard you shove facts into their faces, it eventually gets to a point where some of them are just trolling at that point.

1 Like

Yup. Absolute contrarians. They lose it when you just walk away from them lol. Many such cases.

Something to remember folks:

• Your Battletag is not private. It is public info in Blizzard games. If you mistakenly used info you don’t want known, use your free Btag change to change it to something you prefer.
  • Your chars are not private. Those are public info in Blizzard games.
  • Your char data is not private. That is accessesable and displayed via various API based applications like addons or the Armory.
  • Your post history is not private. Don’t post something you don’t want others to see or remember.
  • We don’t own our accounts, characters, posts, items in game, or anything else.

If you play the game, post on the forums, or anything else - it is not private.

Doxing is revealing REAL LIFE information and is very much against the forum rules and game rules.

If you post though, your post history and chars are not in any way private.

Blizzard shall have the right to monitor and/or record your communications when you use the Platform, and you acknowledge and agree that when you use the Platform, you have no expectation that your communications will be private. Blizzard shall have the right to disclose your communications for any reason, including: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce the terms of this Agreement or any other Blizzard policy; (c) to protect Blizzard’s legal rights and remedies; (d) to protect the health or safety of anyone that Blizzard believes may be threatened; or (e) to report a crime or other offensive behavior.

• Blizzard’s Ownership
  1. With the sole exception of the Licensors’ Games, Blizzard is the owner or licensee of all right, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including the Games that are produced and developed by Blizzard (“Blizzard Games”), Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, Accounts, and all of the features and components thereof. The Platform may contain materials licensed by third-parties to Blizzard, and these third-parties may enforce their ownership rights against you in the event that you violate this Agreement. The following components of the Platform (which do not include content or components of the Licensors’ Games), are owned or licensed by Blizzard:
  2. All virtual content appearing within the Platform, including the Blizzard Games, such as:
    1. Visual Components: Locations, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, and audio-visual effects;
    2. Narrations: Themes, concepts, stories, and storylines;
    3. Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters;
    4. Items: Virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, potions, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc.;
  3. All data and communications generated by, or occurring through, the Platform;
  4. All sounds, musical compositions, recordings, and sound effects originating in the Platform;
  5. All recordings, Game replays, or reenactments of in-game matches, battles, duels, etc.;
  6. Computer code, including but not limited to “Applets” and source code;
  7. Titles, methods of operation, software, related documentation, and all other original works of authorship contained in the Platform;
  8. All Accounts, including the name of the Account and any Battle Tags associated with an Account. All use of an Account shall inure to Blizzard’s benefit. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of the Account;
  9. All Moral Rights that relate to the Platform, including Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, such as the right of attribution, and the right to the integrity of certain original works of authorship; and
  10. The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on the Platform, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or otherwise by Blizzard in certain contest rules, Blizzard’s Fan Policies, or addenda to this Agreement.
6 Likes

To ram this point home: arguably the best way to view your post history isn’t even on the forums.

Yes, they simply want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Taking away their ability to alt jump and create new personas, concern troll threads, etc takes away some of their “fun”. They don’t want that fun taken away.

Further, an even smaller number are worried that if Btags are used instead of a Forum ID, that it will let people see that they troll more than one Blizzard game forum.

It boils down to an irrational expectation that they should be allowed to pretend to be multiple people. That is not how most platforms work, and depending on the platform, you can even get penalized for it. Didn’t reddit start banning people for sockpuppeting a while ago? Some sort of crow/corvid related account seems to stick in my mind.

EDIT - I think it comes down to a difference of fundamental opinion.

• Those that believe they should have the ability to post as unlimited “new” identities with no limits or repercussions.
  • Those who believe that platforms should have a single identity and all posts by a person are associated with that person.
3 Likes

This forum will never go to BattleTags.

The forums are bullying me and I can’t access any of my retail characters. I hope if they add btags that these annoying forum bugs will stop, lmao.

1 Like

You got em.

There’s more projection happening than a little bit.
For those who keep repeating the lie that ‘we’ are harassing, stalking, doxxing (forum? lol) it comes down to them trying their darndest to demonize supporters of Battle tags.

This topic’s gettin shut down! Lol

You know it

I know it

Everybody knows it.

1 Like

Is that on google? I’ve not had the best luck with that.

It is, you just need to use the site: search operator

1 Like

The BattleTag argument is like

“We want to keep track of you, and it’s hard to do it when you’re allowed to have multiple characters”

Meanwhile the game itself encourages multiple characters.

I would be fine with account wide ignores.

And the game has incorporated battle tags so that if you have someones battle tag and they add you to their friends list off your request (step one), you will see the character they are currently using.

Wouldnt that be awesome if the forums also did that?

Maybe someone should make a thread :man_shrugging:

You don’t have to keep track of anybody.

Just read the words and stay on topic.

The identity of the person talking should not matter. If it does then you are discriminating.

So

The BattleTag crew is for discrimination.

Got it.

Do you talk to a child about your banking needs? Or how about a doctor if you need some groceries?

Context matters.

You’re not asking for context. You’re asking for identities.

That way it’s easier to discriminate the ones you don’t like.